Interested in joining a privately-owned, Canadian success story with a 25-year track record of commitment to quality, customer service excellence, and entrepreneurial spirit? Fiera Foods partner with customers in Food Services and Retail Channels to develop and deliver innovative, superior quality products specializing in bagels, croissants, puff pastries, danish pastries, artisan breads, rolls and sandwich carriers. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team.
As a Fryer Operator, you will:
- Be responsible for efficient, high quality operation of assigned fryers
- Plan/adapt schedule as required to ensure production targets are achieved
- Participate in efficient and effective change-overs as required
- Be responsible for ensuring sanitation, quality, safety standards are adhered to
- Monitor product quality (including sampling/record-keeping) to ensure products meet required specifications – including immediately addressing issues with QC Technicians, Supervisor, Maintenance staff as required to minimize waste and downtime
- May oversee temporary staff in performance of tasks for efficient operations
To be successful, you will:
- Have true sense of ownership and pride in your work – we all work hard to be the best we can be for our customers and consumers – and you go above and beyond to ensure we are the best
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Reading and writing skills are mandatory; basic computer knowledge required
- Good manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle products and work with hands
- Directly relevant experience in food industry (bakery preferred) with industrial fryers is a definite asset
- Excellent communication, inter-personal skills - you’re part of the team and working with our customers!
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days of work
- Be able to lift, carry, push or pull moderate weights (up to 20kg).
If you believe a fast-paced, driven-to-win environment committed to excellence is a great fit for you – and you have the approach and experience we need – please send your resume!
If we are unable to contact you due to volume of qualified responses, please know that we will retain your resume on file for 6 months for potential future opportunities. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the interview/selection process, please advise Human Resources.