FieldEdge Employee Reviews

Fast paced, do your job.
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA29 June 2017
- 9 hour days
- time management is the priority
- There is ping pong table and a plethora of snacks
- cut throat
- stay focused on doing your job and you should be good
A Day in the Life
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GA28 June 2017
So typically we start 8:30 and leave around 5:30-6 with an hour for lunch. (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS SALES, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT SO COMING EARLY AND LEAVING LAKE IS HIGHLY ADVANTAGEOUS).

Day to day is making cold calls and following up on warm leads and your personal pipeline. Self Generate 10-15 leads a day if you want to be above average (I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS)

Culture is great. Very fun and relaxed but also focused and hard working. Happy hours and catered lunches weekly with ping pong and a keg in the office on top of fully stocked with snacks.

Management is supportive and there to hep and I truly believe they want to see you succeed and grow.

Great company to start with and gain technology sales experience.
Pros
Free lunch, ping pong, kegerator, decent hours, apple TV's, happy hours, great training
Cons
traffic, its cold calling
Productive and Fun, Challenging yet rewarding!
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL10 April 2017
The atmosphere at FieldEdge | dESCO is amazing. It's a fast-paced environment, challenging at times, but the people make the company. Everyone from the CEO down to the newest guy on the team are friendly, and everyone works together to get the job done.

There's not so much in the way of Cons, just some things to be aware of:

• The energy is fast-paced, you'll need to keep up.
• A lot of phone time, direct customer interaction
• Can get stressful, but every job can
Pros
Free lunch often, Ping Pong, Great atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Best company ever
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL5 April 2017
Love the culture and the people, that is what makes this company so special and unique. It's been a pleasure to be part of this great company for more than 3 years and I look forward for many more years.
Pros
Love the culture and the people.
Cons
I wish we had a big venue where the entire company could be together as one.
Unique culture, values customers
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL23 March 2017
I love assisting customers with new implementations, solving their problems and utilizing creative solutions meet their objectives. At Desco they truly value taking care of their customers. If you don't know the answers, no problem. It is very much a teamwork environment. With an open concept and wireless headsets your answers are just a few steps away or a quick IM.

The culture is unique and fun. Common area with tables, couch, continous flow of food and beverage, office dog, dart board and yes, there is a ping pong table.

Growing company adding many new employees as well as advancing existing. Management is hands on which is great to see.
Pros
Culture, team work environment, hands on management
Cons
Keeping up with all the new employee names & positions
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL21 March 2017
dESCO/Fieldedge is a great place to work. I have a true sense of family working here. Not a whole lot of room to move up. Most movement within the company would be lateral, but we're still small so the availability of positions is low.
Pros
Nice environment, competitive pay, Great benefits
Cons
Not a whole lot of room to move up a whole lot. Most movement within the company would be lateral, but we're still small so the availability of positions is low.
Great place to work and advance your career
Customer Success Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL13 March 2017
This is the best place that I have worked. The open floor plan allows you to easily interact with your peers and have easy access to management when needed. There are many growth opportunities with in the organization and hard work does not go overlooked or uncompensated. Even as the company grows the values stay true to a small business nature and customers always come first.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, Family like staff, Free beverages and snacks, Fun and posotive work enviorment, Benefits, Vacation and Sick time, Holidays off.
Doing some pretty cool things with some pretty cool people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL28 February 2017
FieldEdge essentially is a startup that has 35+ years of experience. What this really means is: I get to work on launching new projects and beside me is a row of industry veterans with (most of) the answers.

Typical of any day at any startup, by 10AM there are 10 unexpected issues that I'll need to loop 10 different people in to solve. There is no one telling me the best way to do my job. Instead, my manager tells me what we're trying to achieve, why that is important to the company, and provides me with the guidelines. What I enjoy most is that I have the flexibility and responsibility to translate vision into action plans, team conversations, and results.

I would recommend FieldEdge to any motivated individuals looking for a place with challenges and growth opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Meritocratic culture, large amount of responsibility, challenging problems everyday (these would be cons for anyone looking for a sleepy 9-5)
Amazing place to work!!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL20 February 2017
The culture here is the best part. Everyone has each other's back and support's each other. We work very hard but play hard too. From catered lunch to beach parties, this company knows how to reward employees!
Pros
Free food, beer and ping-pong
Cons
Noe if you work hard
Great place to work and grow
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL12 July 2016
dESCO is a great place to work if you're looking for a group of coworkers who are also family and friends, it's an excellent environment full of people always willing to help if they can but also one where you can challenge yourself. We lead the industry and sometimes the demand for support gets high and you have to step up to the plate for the team.
Pros
Covers lunch when demand for support is high, family like environment, benefits from dental to life insurance, we have a work dog.
Cons
Some micro managing.
dESCO review great place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FL5 July 2016
Growing/expanding software company
8-10 hour work days somewhat seasonal
Great horizontal growth opportunities along with increasing horizontal opportunities.
Management cares about their employees wellness and tend to listen to their suggestions
Co-workers get along well and their is a willingness to help their co-workers.
Benefits include salary, commissions, company provided health insurance, 401k plan with matching company contributions and unique benefits for this area are free snacks, lunches, recreational areas for breaks,
Hardest part of the job is helping our customers at times resolve their issues.
Most enjoyable part is helping those same customers resolve issues and making them happy in the process.
What you learn here most is about people and how well you fit in and yes there are lots of willing folks to help you learn here.
Pros
Cons
Long hours at times
Rewarding Experience
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL5 July 2016
dESCO is an amazing company! Was recently given a face-lift with new investors and a great feel. Has a similar vibe that you see from tech start ups out west. Everyday I feel valued and appreciated at this company; with great benefits, awesome management, and an amazing team all around, I couldn't ask for more.

This isn't what I would call a cookie cutter job. Everyday, I go in and it's always something different. It keeps things fresh and interesting. Hard work is rewarded, fun is encouraged.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Team, Rewarding Experience
Remarkable company with traction
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL5 July 2016
Excellent place to be for anyone ambitious. It is amazing to work with a software company that has such a rich history. Given how established dESCO is and the continued commitment to push standards higher, this is an exciting place to be and start a new future.

Every single person is friendly, accessible, and truly happy to be here. Ownership and management are five stars across the board for having real vision and being able to act on it. The "open door policy" that you hear people preach about is nonsense everywhere I have worked but here.

The work can be challenging, but you are always welcome to share your ideas and make some change.
Pros
Staff and management are best in class
Cons
Rude people can't get a job here
Great company with a new vision
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL28 June 2016
Great company with an amazing culture. You work hard and have opportunities to break day up. Love the staff and leadership as they are really looking to the future and they know that it takes a dedicated, loyal staff to make that happen.

The future is looking bright and we are part of something really special.
Pros
Coffee bar, snacks, free lunch, great atmosphere
Cons
Days can be long but the right people notice when they are.
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL9 June 2016
I have recently started working for Desco. It has one of the best decisions I have made in some time. The atmosphere is great, very friendly and family like. Everyone wants you to be successful and gives you every opportunity to do so.
Pros
Fully stocked beverage fridges, Ping pong tourneys
Up and Coming Tech Company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL26 May 2016
Fast paced "seasoned startup" with a lot of energy and a great culture. The company has been around for quite a while but has recently had an infusion of investment and new management is looking to ramp up to become the dominant leader of the service management industry.

The hours can be a little long with aggressive growth but high performers are rewarded and the growth potential is huge. Great company culture with an awesome startup-esque workspace (ping-pong table, snacks and drinks in the kitchen, etc.
Pros
Huge growth potential, workspace, great benefits/perks
Cons
Hours can be long
Incredible Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL26 May 2016
Amazing Leadership, Fun atmosphere with intelligent outgoing peers. The company has been great. Active CEOs that are constantly making improvements. dESCO is a team and a family and it is not just a saying. Great benefits and pay. If you enjoy having fun, working hard and reaping the benefits then this is the place for you.
Pros
Great atmosphere and Culture, Good Pay, Growing
Cons
In Sunny Florida
A great culture
Technical and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL22 November 2015
dESCO is a great place to work, the team really enjoys the work. It is some times repetitive. The culture has changed since the new ownership took over, but it happens.
Pros
Some travel, and paid health insurance
Cons
Some Micromanagement, and there is a low ceiling for promotions.
I had great opportunitites to develope in my career but the company is not financially estable
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL29 May 2014
In the beginning of this year, I was promoted to our Human Resources Coordinator. In this new role, my responsibilities include implementing the Human Resources department. This involves creating job descriptions for all employees in the system, interviewing potential employees, designing an important training program for the Operations Department, handling the benefits coverage, strategizing to increase employee engagement, and being the go-to person for current employees’ questions and concerns. Up until this year, DESCO did not have a Human Resources Department, but as the company is growing, my employer recognized a need for one. Knowing my extensive background in Human Resources, I was the perfect fit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FieldEdge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8