Field Solutions Employee Reviews

Scab work, companies to cheap to hire out right
Field technician/ Support (Former Employee) –  USANovember 12, 2015
A quick buck, work, they use people whom don't even have certifications as long as they are a body, no benefits, no constant work, beats robbing a bank.
Pros
pick and choose job
Cons
No offer of anything, sh_t work and sh_t pay
Different jobs, Different installations
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVOctober 31, 2015
They have now been aquired by Field Nation. There have been many different companies i have worked for here. NCR, Fujitsu, IBM and Toshiba.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can be many challanges
Make your own hours
Field Service Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
You are able to bid on jobs. Once you accept the job you are given the necessary information. Most of the equipment is at the site. You may need a few tools. You complete the service with it the SLA. You are compensated for overtime.
Pros
Chose what jobs you at what pay you want, set your schedule, compenstated for milage
Cons
Use of your own vehicle
Good Job. I learned many different skills with this employment.
Service delivery Coordinator/ Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2015
I learned many different skills in this employment. This has been a great company to work for and expand my knowledge in dispatching and projects.
Great company to work with.
Technician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 9, 2015
In all the projects that I worked, they show me care and give me the opportunity to try new experiences every time. I had enjoyed working as a team with people of different cultures. I made good friends in those projects.
A great company for work at home\in the field .
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Home basedDecember 18, 2014
I like the work from home part of this job, you pick the jobs in your area, The website to browse for jobs is easy to operate, Payments are always timely.
I like that you can also get free training or certifications.

I dont like that there doesnt seem to be a lot of work in Great Lakes Bay Region.
Pros
you bid on the jobs you would like.
Cons
aren't a lot of jobs in great lakes bay region.
Disorganied
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Short staffed and disorganized this company is chaos.
From the U.S they pay Canadians 5 to 6 weeks after a task is complete by mail and often have to be reminded about sending pay cheques.
Pros
nil
Cons
long hours, no milage, disorganized planning, late pay.
Nice place to work, fits my schedule demands
IT technician, Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisNovember 8, 2013
The part I enjoyed most is being able to help business solve their IT problems. You work at your own pace. You meet a lot of professional people and learn from their experience. Most people that I worked with are very knowledgeable and are problem solvers.
Fun and a good place to learn many skills learn many
Computer Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Chicago LandNovember 5, 2013
This work place is a great place for technicians to grow with, They offer many training sessions for free. You also can have access to DELL and HP for their career
Can't make a living
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  INOctober 14, 2013
This is a 1099 position. You will not receive benefits. Work is predominantly M-F. Great for a retiree. Not enough work to make a living. Hourly pay per job is decent. Mileage compensation is nonexistent. If you don't mind working sporadically, this is the job for you.
Pros
work on your own.
Cons
not enough work
Its a nice company to work for
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  VA, NCSeptember 4, 2013
Field Solutions is easy to work for.
You get your assignment emailed to you.
You go to the location at the appointed time and fix, repair or replace it.
From a sick server to a burning router, or just a simple computer that needs rebooted.
Pros
get your work don fast and get paid the same
Cons
not enough work
Field Solutions Review
Lead Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work: Check the fieldsolutions system for current work, assigned work, and any notifications. Make it out to the site and complete the workorder as assigned. Notify the workdesk the times checked in and checked out of site.
What I learned: how to install POS systems, do firmware updates, and upgrade server software.
Management: I usually worked on a team trading times of being leader and follower, and sometimes i was my own boss.
My co-workers: They were usually members of the client's team or other independent contractors.
Hardest part: Issues with communication between the client and the contractors. Often, the client was not quite sure what they needed or had unrealistic time constraints for the workload until explained a breakdown of how the work is to be done.
Best part: Getting to know different IT professionals working in the field. They always had some knowledge or tip to give. Which, was often very useful and much appreciated.
Pros
decides own hours
Cons
lack of benefits
Freedom of making your own schedule.
POS Service Technician Contractor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2013
Have learned valued information about installing POS systems, servers and repairing servers.
Pros
freedom of scheduling
Cons
long drives at night
Great Company to Work For
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 12, 2012
Field Solutions is a great company to work for. It is unique in that it allows some employees to work from home. The group that I had the opportunity to work for ended up feeling like member of a family. Everyone had each others back and were willing to step in to help at the drop of a dime. A typical day would be locating techs to handle jobs, uploading work orders and making sure that techs were at job site on time. This job gave me the ability to hone my customer service skills as well as grow my technical skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create new and unique friendships
Job
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GANovember 2, 2012
Working without supervision using an online ticketing system to resolve laptop, pc’s, server, monitor, point of sale equipment, to such organizations as TJ Maxx, Trader Joes, Macy’s, AMC Theatres, Genesco’s, Starbucks, Payless Shoe stores, etc. I have provided service for banks such as First Union during its merge with Wachovia. I have worked with Firedog doing extensive laptop repair on such names as Dell, HP, Toshiba, Compaq, Gateway, and Sony. I have been on both ends of the spectrum in that I serviced new equipment as well as warranty and non-warranty equipment. I have performed server migration and retrieval as well as individual unit installation. I have realigned servers and individual registers with sales, and tax information via the network for point of sales equipment. I was accountable for remote connection and connectivity for data integrity. I Worked closely with the helpdesk and using documentation provided by the client to assure client satisfaction. Cleaning up of work area. I documented and labeled for direction of old equipment after repackaging. I also did Quality assurance for IBM computers and laptops.
I was part of a national rollout servicing over 900 users for Dell computers. Using migration tools to transfer user data and verify. Responsible to setup new equipment and document serial numbers and service tags for old and new equipment and enter the information in Dell’s system. Hard drive removal and sanitation documentation completion. I had Low-level government security clearance and Dell certification. I gave great customer care during work at the
  more... Veteran’s Administration Hospital to respect our veteran’s and their patient confidentiality. I have supported over 400 users in a desktop support capacity  less
Pros
contract work
Cons
contract work
A very mobile environment
Field Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 31, 2012
As a Field Engineer Assistant it was necessary to have reliable transportation due to the incoming call volumes from various work sites.
Exciting place fast paced
Independent Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 7, 2012
• Responsible for contract provided by vendors.
• Accurately track and make notation of calls using Remedy.
• Setup Wireless networks for different companies.
• Image desktops and laptops with company profiles.
• Provided technical/troubleshooting services within all operating systems for vendors.
• Over a period of 3 years increased independent profitability by nearly 40%.
Pros
free lunches, free gym
Cons
30 minute break
Field Service Computer Tech
Field Service Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 22, 2011
Good Company to work for, I guess, but very hard toget onto their site.