Field Nation Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Computer Technician (Michigan) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 June 2017
My typical work environment is more of a relaxed environment, but still handling what needs to be done. Sometimes travel is required also sometimes long hours.
Cons
healthcare
Footsteps into the career I'd love for myself
Contractor- North East Arkansas area (Former Employee) –  North East Arkansas25 May 2017
Contracts can be high and lucrative for longer jobs. The shorter jobs are paid as a job done in whole. Some jobs are paid hourly, but the hours aren't long. This is a great opportunity for a side job if taken serious. I used it to gain experience in the information technology field.
Mostly good.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 May 2017
Main thing is there is no job security as I must bid on the jobs and usually do not get them. As long as you have excellent ratings from the customers and Field Nation itself, you can get at least 1 out of 3 bids.
I had a very good experience mixing home and work since I choose which jobs to take.
They take a fee from your pay for getting the job for you and another fee if you don't have insurance.
Pros
Good mix with home life and work life.
Cons
They tale a fee for getting the work and if you don't have insurance.
Ability to schedule work as it applies to my abilities
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alabama and Georgia14 May 2017
Great mobile platform which allows notification alerts for available work in areas I determine. Provides customers reviews of my performance as it relates to experience, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Realtime task updates and commumication.
Cons
Gig economy Good during peak season
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 May 2017
I've been working with field nation for years and I have gained alot of experience working with different companies and I have established some good connections with individuals. Some job descriptions aren't clearly spelled out at times and some deployments are poorly planned, but a technician with true skills and experience can usually make good out of a bad situation.
Pros
Diverse work atmosphere, Learn on the fly
Cons
Paying for your own materials, gettting reimbursed for tolls and other expenses.
What i love to do
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK11 April 2017
As Low-voltage electricians I'm responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing wiring, equipment, and fixtures. May also be responsible for instructing more-junior staff members on these tasks. As an electricians I must be up to date on building codes, able to read blueprints correctly, and - if necessary - prepare a sketch of the project. Additionally, low-voltage electricians need to communicate regularly with colleagues and clients, meaning excellent communication skills are necessary; they should not only be able to effectively diagnose problems that arise in electrical systems, but communicate with clients on those problems as well. Knowledge of the tools required in day-to-day work is necessary. My most enjoyable part of my day, is completing my task.
A great system for the Freelance Technician
IT Freelancer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 April 2017
Field Nation is an amazing tool for freelance technicians of various fields. They are very good at streamlining the process of finding work as an IT freelancer. Work orders are very diverse, and they usually have plenty available for technicians.

Their mobile app could use a little work, as I've had problems with it sending me to the wrong location before, and there's no way to change profile settings from it, but other than that they fulfill their promises as a service to the letter, and therefore deserve full stars.
Pros
High Level of Flexibility
Cons
Not a very stable form of income
Heading in the wrong direction
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 February 2017
Poor management, becoming a call center! They continue to change to comp plan and have no true structure or focus going forward
Pros
Good business model
Cons
Culture, Management, Direction
Independent Contractor
Multi-Functional IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Four Corners Regional Area16 January 2017
Very desirable position, I am able to select from a wide range of contracts in my area which allows me to be my own boss. The only down fall is the contracts do have peak seasons and low volume seasons.
Pros
I get to be my own boss.
Cons
Low volume seasons
IT Field Service Technicians with PC andNetworking
Independent Contractor IT Field Techician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL15 January 2017
Filed Nation offers freelance IT Field Service Technician a good opportunity to advance your career and work for companies all across the US.

Create your profile today and add all your skill sets to show companies how you can help them with their projects.
Pros
Be your own boss and make the kind of money you know your worth.
Cons
Need to have a more fluid work flow throughout the year to eleminate down time.
An interesting experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  home12 January 2017
Field Nation provides IT professionals a chance to continue honing skills and learning new ones while searching for full time employment. You determine your own hours and future
Pros
Easy to register. Fast payment
Cons
Sometimes the vendors are not so easy to deal with
Very Competitive When Finding Work
Computer Technician/IT Specialist Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC10 January 2017
Field Nation is great company, but it is also hard to find work. I usually work around 2-3 times a month. The pay is okay. Sometimes the pay can delay. I can be dissatisfying when bidding for work and usually the over-qualified are the ones that gets them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not steady, seasonal, too competitive
Pick your own work and hours
Contractor (Field Technician) (130+ Contracts) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 January 2017
I enjoy being able to pick and bid on what work I want. Don't like not having any benefits and having to pay in.

I like having Field Nation to revert to when buyers don't want to pay.
Pros
Get paid Quickly
Cons
NO benefits, Low Paying Contracts
Stable, Work on your own pace, Plenty of work and great payouts
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Nation Wide8 January 2017
The typical day of work is always changing from one job to the next. This company is a web based company where technicians freelance their work out. Technicians create a profile and different companies send work orders to Technicians based off the skills of the tech.
Pros
Reliable work, Steady work, Work on your own pace.
Cons
Not too many cons with this company
Great place for freelance technicians
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL25 December 2016
Incredible place to work at to either pursue full-time or part-time work. Plenty of assignment to fulfill any tech-guru. Website is very user-friendly and the management works with all the clients carefully to make sure all work orders are executed properly.
Great for Independent Contractors
On-Call Field IT Technician (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  CA2 November 2016
If you're a person that likes to change roles daily, and likes to work at your own pace this is a great platform. I recommend it, also a great way to gain experience in multiple areas and to make some extra money.
Pros
independence
Cons
fluctuation in available work
Contracted position
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN18 September 2016
They call you about jobs in your area and offer a base pay or an hourly pay. You can either accept it or decline it.They range from store refreshes to network wiring.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Not enough work to keep busy
Suplimental employment (Freelance)
Computer Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington State22 August 2016
• Typical day is what comes to you as you plan, providing you get the bid.

• Learned that the industry in Freelance is truely looking for a "bargain basement". A lot of companies are trying to cash in on contracts and paying as little as possible, however it will drop salaries if the work force is desperate enough to accept it.

• Management of Field Nation is professional and will quickly advocate for the Providers(technicians) where needed.

• Few instances of having coworkers, some helpers have been provided for jobs as necessary.

• Hardest part of the job is when there is little known about responsibility and workload.

• Provider is in control of contract terms and responsibilities as part of the contract negotiation.
Pros
Duties and compansation up front.
Cons
Low compensation offerings, must "counter-offer" every contract for fair application of compansation and terms and expenses..
Field Technician Its Nice Independent Work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 August 2016
Field Nation is a great platform to pick up side work and make some extra money.

The website is easy to use. There can be issues if you apply for many jobs from one provider. If you have an issue like your car breaks down you can get negative feedback.

Providers are not understanding of emergencies.
Pros
Work for yourself, Flexibility
Cons
Distance to jobs not accurate, Support is pro providers, Pay is not always quick enough
Not bad if you are desparate
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 July 2016
This is a technician temp agancy and profile contact for independent contractors. They do NOT have your backs though,is you need their support, forget about it. I couldn't even find anyone that would verify my employment with them. Beware!!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
zero support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3