Field Nation Employee Reviews

It's a good company to work for with growth and flexibility
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Its challenging and fun because you learn different skills and experiences. It allows you travel and meet different people and network. Its almost never the same jobs which makes it more interesting and exciting. The pay is pretty good. I just wish is was more consistent with jobs.
Pros
Allows for growth and flexibility
Cons
Not as steady or consistent with jobs
Lots promised, little delivered
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2016
Pros:
If you like downtown the office is nice and there are lots of places to eat.
Close to transport.

Cons:
Time divided between creating stories for and reviewing the work from the team in Bangladesh, which does the majority of the work.

A general lack of standards for software development. No design meetings, architectural reviews, or testing staff.

Lots of cheerleading about how they are the next Facebook or whatever and how your in on the ground floor. Do your homework before signing up.

Summary:
Maybe things have changed but given the current job market is good, I'd take a pass. Especially if your expectations are to be listened to or valued as a person.

If this review is published watch for the flood of five star reviews that FN management posts. Damage control is their specialty.
Pros
Nice office if you like downtown Mpls, Some nice people
Cons
Poor communication skills, no feedback, poor benefits
Service Provider
Field Nation (Former Employee) –  DallasJanuary 5, 2016
Service provider to find the right field engineers to complete work orders to make the Service level agreements.. I have worked with many different accounts such as Compucom & Wells Fargo and all the accounts that are underneath them. I would work on Point of sale systems, Smart hands, relocation's projects as well as install and trouble shooting. I have also worked a small bit with the Mitel phone systems and Cat5 cabling. What I have learned from this job is the different types of equipment and what it is used for. I work well with other people as a team. I have dealt with escalations too. The best part of the day is getting the job done.
Nice Part-time employment
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 19, 2015
I enjoy working with Field Nation. I am looking forward to further employment through them.

As a novice being carried over from Field Solutions I would have preferred a better orientation to their website, my recent background check and other screenings had just been approved at FS and I had to once again pay for another round of validation within 4 months of each other.

The hardest part of the job is getting vendors to notice you as a new employee.
Pros
relatively prompt payment and good feedback
Cons
I do not see any orientation on their website to make me a more marketable employee
Work, Work, Work...Gotta make the doughnuts
Independant Contractor Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 19, 2015
Start the day scrambling for available jobs, complete the jobs, rinse and repeat...

I like that the job is different daily, not the same mundane task. New clients, new jobsites, new opportunities.

It is always nice meeting colleagues at job sites and making new relationships.
Pros
I can set my schedule, and I like meeting new people, I get to travel instead of being tied to a desk.
Cons
inconsistent jobs available
Great Place to work for.
Independent Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to get extra Information Technology experience and home in other skills for the workplace. You basically work when and where you want.
Pros
Getting more experience, and work when you want.
Cons
Temp jobs.
Contracting project review
Field Technician /contractor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 19, 2015
I've worked over a hundred projects for many, many companies through Field Nation and when I do actually need someone in their support team to help me with a project or WO not responding, missing information and unable to use a link or part of a Work Order, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. As far as work supplied goes, they have the largest amount of contract work daily available of all the other on-line providers out there at this time. I find them a great source of work.
Pros
Lots of work posted daily
Cons
The percentage of cost per WO we pay for listing services.
Great experience balancing your schedule
On-Call Field IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Cameron, NCOctober 3, 2015
My experience with Field Nation was a great one, because I configured my own daily assignments and routes. The fact that I am already a very organized person helped me tremendously. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
pay day in the middle of the week, every week
Cons
unexpected work order changes
Many Different jobs
Flied Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2015
Most of the managers know how to manage the parts and document the work required to successfully complete their assignments.
Pros
many jobs.
Cons
Can be many challanges
Excellent company for personal growth
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 31, 2014
I have come to find that Field Nation themselves has been a unique company to contract through.

What I feel is a draw back is the companies that go through Field Nation does not take advantage of helping independent businesses grow.
Pros
awesome gateway for companies to grow and promote their work ethics and performance
Cons
companies do not look at the freelancers as independant and in search for growth, not under the status of corporations
Review
Technician contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinJuly 8, 2012
As a contractor went to new site daily, worked in all types of places and with all types of people.With new certifications every job was learning on the job ,but working with senior contractors gave you experience to go forward.trying to keep up, knowing that you can do it
Pros
meeting new people, and new techinqes
Cons
not having enough education
you are your own boss
Independent IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  CalifoniaNovember 25, 2014
you set your own hours to work. they do not have enough work anyway.

sometimes you have to drive far to the customer and some of the work orders are given to another tech before getting to you.
Good Place for technicians
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Hedgesville, WVFebruary 14, 2015
Good Place to work, they seem to treat you fair as long as you do your job. Check out their website and you can do it yourself
A different Place
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 7, 2014
I had never work on a open work platform. Working from my self really was the deal. So just going to look and see whats out there.
Pros
your own hours. work at your pace.
Cons
no real security
Technician who works independently
Technician who works independently (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2014
You work independently.I also trouble shot and diagnosis warrantied system problems with Dell Technical Support.
Awful Management
VP (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 7, 2012
Do your research on who they are and what they stand for before going here. I think you will be surprised and will turn down employment even if you are unemployed
Cons
lack of ethics
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington / CaliforniaJuly 14, 2014
Indie Contractor, nothing more. self employed ... nononononononononon
Pros
worked alone
Cons
worked alone
I enjoy working for Field Nation
Independent Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, Pa.May 10, 2013
I enjoy working for this company, i'm tired of working for agencies.

4.2