Field Nation

Field Nation Employee Reviews

Suplimental employment (Freelance)
Computer Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington State22 August 2016
• Typical day is what comes to you as you plan, providing you get the bid.

• Learned that the industry in Freelance is truely looking for a "bargain basement". A lot of companies are trying to cash in on contracts and paying as little as possible, however it will drop salaries if the work force is desperate enough to accept it.

• Management of Field Nation is professional and will quickly advocate for the Providers(technicians) where needed.

• Few instances of having coworkers, some helpers have been provided for jobs as necessary.

• Hardest part of the job is when there is little known about responsibility and workload.

• Provider is in control of contract terms and responsibilities as part of the contract negotiation.
Pros
Duties and compansation up front.
Cons
Low compensation offerings, must "counter-offer" every contract for fair application of compansation and terms and expenses..
Lots promised, little delivered
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN10 March 2016
Pros:
If you like downtown the office is nice and there are lots of places to eat.
Close to transport.

Cons:
Time divided between creating stories for and reviewing the work from the team in Bangladesh, which does the majority of the work.

A general lack of standards for software development. No design meetings, architectural reviews, or testing staff.

Lots of cheerleading about how they are the next Facebook or whatever and how your in on the ground floor. Do your homework before signing up.

Summary:
Maybe things have changed but given the current job market is good, I'd take a pass. Especially if your expectations are to be listened to or valued as a person.

If this review is published watch for the flood of five star reviews that FN management posts. Damage control is their specialty.
Pros
Nice office if you like downtown Mpls, Some nice people
Cons
Poor communication skills, no feedback, poor benefits
Field Technician Its Nice Independent Work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 August 2016
Field Nation is a great platform to pick up side work and make some extra money.

The website is easy to use. There can be issues if you apply for many jobs from one provider. If you have an issue like your car breaks down you can get negative feedback.

Providers are not understanding of emergencies.
Pros
Work for yourself, Flexibility
Cons
Distance to jobs not accurate, Support is pro providers, Pay is not always quick enough
Contracted position
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN18 September 2016
They call you about jobs in your area and offer a base pay or an hourly pay. You can either accept it or decline it.They range from store refreshes to network wiring.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Not enough work to keep busy
Not bad if you are desparate
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 July 2016
This is a technician temp agancy and profile contact for independent contractors. They do NOT have your backs though,is you need their support, forget about it. I couldn't even find anyone that would verify my employment with them. Beware!!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
zero support
It's a good company to work for with growth and flexibility
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN29 February 2016
Its challenging and fun because you learn different skills and experiences. It allows you travel and meet different people and network. Its almost never the same jobs which makes it more interesting and exciting. The pay is pretty good. I just wish is was more consistent with jobs.
Pros
Allows for growth and flexibility
Cons
Not as steady or consistent with jobs
Service Provider
Field Nation (Former Employee) –  Dallas5 January 2016
Service provider to find the right field engineers to complete work orders to make the Service level agreements.. I have worked with many different accounts such as Compucom & Wells Fargo and all the accounts that are underneath them. I would work on Point of sale systems, Smart hands, relocation's projects as well as install and trouble shooting. I have also worked a small bit with the Mitel phone systems and Cat5 cabling. What I have learned from this job is the different types of equipment and what it is used for. I work well with other people as a team. I have dealt with escalations too. The best part of the day is getting the job done.
Nice Part-time employment
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA19 December 2015
I enjoy working with Field Nation. I am looking forward to further employment through them.

As a novice being carried over from Field Solutions I would have preferred a better orientation to their website, my recent background check and other screenings had just been approved at FS and I had to once again pay for another round of validation within 4 months of each other.

The hardest part of the job is getting vendors to notice you as a new employee.
Pros
relatively prompt payment and good feedback
Cons
I do not see any orientation on their website to make me a more marketable employee
Never worked in the same place for long, always traveling and learning new things with new people.
Technician (Current Employee) –  United States28 March 2016
Awesome place to work, tons of work of varying degrees. Ability to travel if wanted. Independant contract labor with great pay.
Great Place to work for.
Independent Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN28 January 2016
Great place to get extra Information Technology experience and home in other skills for the workplace. You basically work when and where you want.
Pros
Getting more experience, and work when you want.
Cons
Temp jobs.
Work, Work, Work...Gotta make the doughnuts
Independant Contractor Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX19 November 2015
Start the day scrambling for available jobs, complete the jobs, rinse and repeat...

I like that the job is different daily, not the same mundane task. New clients, new jobsites, new opportunities.

It is always nice meeting colleagues at job sites and making new relationships.
Pros
I can set my schedule, and I like meeting new people, I get to travel instead of being tied to a desk.
Cons
inconsistent jobs available
Contracting project review
Field Technician /contractor (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PA19 September 2015
I've worked over a hundred projects for many, many companies through Field Nation and when I do actually need someone in their support team to help me with a project or WO not responding, missing information and unable to use a link or part of a Work Order, they are very helpful and knowledgeable. As far as work supplied goes, they have the largest amount of contract work daily available of all the other on-line providers out there at this time. I find them a great source of work.
Pros
Lots of work posted daily
Cons
The percentage of cost per WO we pay for listing services.
Great experience balancing your schedule
On-Call Field IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Cameron, NC3 October 2015
My experience with Field Nation was a great one, because I configured my own daily assignments and routes. The fact that I am already a very organized person helped me tremendously. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
pay day in the middle of the week, every week
Cons
unexpected work order changes
Many Different jobs
Flied Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV31 October 2015
Most of the managers know how to manage the parts and document the work required to successfully complete their assignments.
Pros
many jobs.
Cons
Can be many challanges
Excellent company for personal growth
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA31 July 2014
I have come to find that Field Nation themselves has been a unique company to contract through.

What I feel is a draw back is the companies that go through Field Nation does not take advantage of helping independent businesses grow.
Pros
Awesome gateway for companies to grow and promote their work ethics and performance
Cons
Companies do not look at the freelancers as independant and in search for growth, not under the status of Corporations
Review
Technician contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, Min8 July 2012
As a contractor went to new site daily, worked in all types of places and with all types of people.With new certifications every job was learning on the job ,but working with senior contractors gave you experience to go forward.trying to keep up, knowing that you can do it
Pros
meeting new people, and new techinqes
Cons
not having enough education
Good Place for technicians
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Hedgesville, WV14 February 2015
Good Place to work, they seem to treat you fair as long as you do your job. Check out their website and you can do it yourself
you are your own boss
Independent IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Califonia25 November 2014
you set your own hours to work. they do not have enough work anyway.

sometimes you have to drive far to the customer and some of the work orders are given to another tech before getting to you.
A different Place
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA7 November 2014
I had never work on a open work platform. Working from my self really was the deal. So just going to look and see whats out there.
Pros
Your own hours. Work at your pace.
Cons
no real security
Awful Management
VP (Former Employee) –  Atlanta7 September 2012
Do your research on who they are and what they stand for before going here. I think you will be surprised and will turn down employment even if you are unemployed
Cons
lack of ethics

4.2