Field Nation Employee Reviews

Learning atmosphere and fun place to work !
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN28 November 2017
I had the best time of my work career at Field Nation. Not only did I learn a lot but it was great having the trust and freedom to experiment new ways of doing business. Supportive management team. Totally recommend as a great place to work.
Field Nation
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA20 November 2017
A life saver if you are between jobs. Not a great option for long term. Very competitive and there is no recourse if incorrect data is placed in your file.
hard to make it
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX9 November 2017
cheap labor pay some skilled contractors only made 20.00
customers take 28+ days to pay you for minor jobs valued at less than 200.00.
no insurance no security strictly 1099 work
Contract Work
Independent IT Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA6 November 2017
Working here was just contract work in IT. It's a good gig for filling in spare time and making some money on the side. They have jobs that come up constantly at many different times, and many different skill levels.
No regard for the interests of the technicians
Field Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 October 2017
They are only interested in the buyers and have no regard for the providers. If the buyer was late or neglected to pay the providers there is no policy that protects the interests of the technicians doing the work.
Great place for a quick side job
Independent IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX16 October 2017
Field Nation is great if you want to make a little extra cash on your days off or, If you don't have a job and are looking for one, Field Nation is a great way to keep yourself afloat in-between jobs.
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
Nothing is guaranteed
good place to contract
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 October 2017
field nation is a contract base company you are what you worth you can put 50+ or just put in 2 hr of work the contract some are cut throat some paid well its to your chosen
Interim, part-time, or retiree work
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI18 September 2017
Field Nation is a great place to work temporarily or if you are retired. I do not suggest this as a full-time occupation as the work can be sporadic and sometimes low paying especially if travel distance is a concern.
Pros
Very flexible schedule.
Cons
Work is not consistent and quite often underpaid.
Great if you're a jack of all trades, who likes changes of pace.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX11 September 2017
I worked for this company for a year and a half, and have done many different jobs. During this period of time I learned so many different skills, I eventually was able to tackle most jobs the company put out. I would continue to work for this company, had my partner not moved to California.
Pros
Self-paced hours
Cons
First come first serve hours
Intern
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WI10 September 2017
I was an accounting clerk intern while I was attending school. I worked directly under a CFO who had a lot of great advice with many years experience. I was grateful for what I learned, in the end I realized that this wasn't the career choice for me.
My experience
Serive Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 September 2017
Opportunity to excel in different levels and fast pace, like different work location. Also my resume gets updated almost in every job situation. I want to focus on Telecom and networking switches and routers.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Pay wait too long on some products
Great place to work if you don't mind working odd hours
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, IN3 September 2017
Its pretty good pay but competitive and some of the people they assign to oversee the projects can be annoying. You should watch your payments closely because the work assigned often goes through many channels and the payments could get a little mixed up.
Pros
Work anytime
Cons
Lead techs are not always informed well
Work indipendantly
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphis30 August 2017
Freelance work, you have the power to increase or decrease the amount of work. You also pick and choose different projects according to pay ,time-frame and length.
i am an Independent Contractor At Michigan
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  901 S Marquette Ave #2300, Minneapolis, MN 5540224 August 2017
Actually we can work anytime anyday, it's depends on the Client we are working with.

I learn a lot about Computers, Security Camera, Server. etc.

working with team was the day that i enjoyed the work.

The hardest part was when i worked with a support Tech, what i was instructed to do was not in there program and all the blames was on me.

And this Field Nation Work based on Technician Job...
Great company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 August 2017
Would gladly recommend them. Did from Registers, computers to net working. Made it easy and simple to understand assignment and what was required or expected.
Typical day at work
Computer Technician (Michigan) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 June 2017
My typical work environment is more of a relaxed environment, but still handling what needs to be done. Sometimes travel is required also sometimes long hours.
Cons
healthcare
Footsteps into the career I'd love for myself
Contractor- North East Arkansas area (Former Employee) –  North East Arkansas25 May 2017
Contracts can be high and lucrative for longer jobs. The shorter jobs are paid as a job done in whole. Some jobs are paid hourly, but the hours aren't long. This is a great opportunity for a side job if taken serious. I used it to gain experience in the information technology field.
Mostly good.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 May 2017
Main thing is there is no job security as I must bid on the jobs and usually do not get them. As long as you have excellent ratings from the customers and Field Nation itself, you can get at least 1 out of 3 bids.
I had a very good experience mixing home and work since I choose which jobs to take.
They take a fee from your pay for getting the job for you and another fee if you don't have insurance.
Pros
Good mix with home life and work life.
Cons
They tale a fee for getting the work and if you don't have insurance.
Ability to schedule work as it applies to my abilities
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alabama and Georgia14 May 2017
Great mobile platform which allows notification alerts for available work in areas I determine. Provides customers reviews of my performance as it relates to experience, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Realtime task updates and commumication.
Cons
Gig economy Good during peak season
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 May 2017
I've been working with field nation for years and I have gained alot of experience working with different companies and I have established some good connections with individuals. Some job descriptions aren't clearly spelled out at times and some deployments are poorly planned, but a technician with true skills and experience can usually make good out of a bad situation.
Pros
Diverse work atmosphere, Learn on the fly
Cons
Paying for your own materials, gettting reimbursed for tolls and other expenses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3