Field Nation Employee Reviews

good place to contract
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN6 October 2017
field nation is a contract base company you are what you worth you can put 50+ or just put in 2 hr of work the contract some are cut throat some paid well its to your chosen
Interim, part-time, or retiree work
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI18 September 2017
Field Nation is a great place to work temporarily or if you are retired. I do not suggest this as a full-time occupation as the work can be sporadic and sometimes low paying especially if travel distance is a concern.
Pros
Very flexible schedule.
Cons
Work is not consistent and quite often underpaid.
Great if you're a jack of all trades, who likes changes of pace.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX11 September 2017
I worked for this company for a year and a half, and have done many different jobs. During this period of time I learned so many different skills, I eventually was able to tackle most jobs the company put out. I would continue to work for this company, had my partner not moved to California.
Pros
Self-paced hours
Cons
First come first serve hours
Intern
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WI10 September 2017
I was an accounting clerk intern while I was attending school. I worked directly under a CFO who had a lot of great advice with many years experience. I was grateful for what I learned, in the end I realized that this wasn't the career choice for me.
My experience
Serive Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 September 2017
Opportunity to excel in different levels and fast pace, like different work location. Also my resume gets updated almost in every job situation. I want to focus on Telecom and networking switches and routers.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Pay wait too long on some products
Great place to work if you don't mind working odd hours
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, IN3 September 2017
Its pretty good pay but competitive and some of the people they assign to oversee the projects can be annoying. You should watch your payments closely because the work assigned often goes through many channels and the payments could get a little mixed up.
Pros
Work anytime
Cons
Lead techs are not always informed well
Work indipendantly
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphis30 August 2017
Freelance work, you have the power to increase or decrease the amount of work. You also pick and choose different projects according to pay ,time-frame and length.
i am an Independent Contractor At Michigan
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  901 S Marquette Ave #2300, Minneapolis, MN 5540224 August 2017
Actually we can work anytime anyday, it's depends on the Client we are working with.

I learn a lot about Computers, Security Camera, Server. etc.

working with team was the day that i enjoyed the work.

The hardest part was when i worked with a support Tech, what i was instructed to do was not in there program and all the blames was on me.

And this Field Nation Work based on Technician Job...
Great company
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 August 2017
Would gladly recommend them. Did from Registers, computers to net working. Made it easy and simple to understand assignment and what was required or expected.
Typical day at work
Computer Technician (Michigan) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 June 2017
My typical work environment is more of a relaxed environment, but still handling what needs to be done. Sometimes travel is required also sometimes long hours.
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about Field Nation?

Ask a question
Footsteps into the career I'd love for myself
Contractor- North East Arkansas area (Former Employee) –  North East Arkansas25 May 2017
Contracts can be high and lucrative for longer jobs. The shorter jobs are paid as a job done in whole. Some jobs are paid hourly, but the hours aren't long. This is a great opportunity for a side job if taken serious. I used it to gain experience in the information technology field.
Mostly good.
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 May 2017
Main thing is there is no job security as I must bid on the jobs and usually do not get them. As long as you have excellent ratings from the customers and Field Nation itself, you can get at least 1 out of 3 bids.
I had a very good experience mixing home and work since I choose which jobs to take.
They take a fee from your pay for getting the job for you and another fee if you don't have insurance.
Pros
Good mix with home life and work life.
Cons
They tale a fee for getting the work and if you don't have insurance.
Ability to schedule work as it applies to my abilities
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alabama and Georgia14 May 2017
Great mobile platform which allows notification alerts for available work in areas I determine. Provides customers reviews of my performance as it relates to experience, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Realtime task updates and commumication.
Cons
Gig economy Good during peak season
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 May 2017
I've been working with field nation for years and I have gained alot of experience working with different companies and I have established some good connections with individuals. Some job descriptions aren't clearly spelled out at times and some deployments are poorly planned, but a technician with true skills and experience can usually make good out of a bad situation.
Pros
Diverse work atmosphere, Learn on the fly
Cons
Paying for your own materials, gettting reimbursed for tolls and other expenses.
What i love to do
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK11 April 2017
As Low-voltage electricians I'm responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing wiring, equipment, and fixtures. May also be responsible for instructing more-junior staff members on these tasks. As an electricians I must be up to date on building codes, able to read blueprints correctly, and - if necessary - prepare a sketch of the project. Additionally, low-voltage electricians need to communicate regularly with colleagues and clients, meaning excellent communication skills are necessary; they should not only be able to effectively diagnose problems that arise in electrical systems, but communicate with clients on those problems as well. Knowledge of the tools required in day-to-day work is necessary. My most enjoyable part of my day, is completing my task.
A great system for the Freelance Technician
IT Freelancer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 April 2017
Field Nation is an amazing tool for freelance technicians of various fields. They are very good at streamlining the process of finding work as an IT freelancer. Work orders are very diverse, and they usually have plenty available for technicians.

Their mobile app could use a little work, as I've had problems with it sending me to the wrong location before, and there's no way to change profile settings from it, but other than that they fulfill their promises as a service to the letter, and therefore deserve full stars.
Pros
High Level of Flexibility
Cons
Not a very stable form of income
Heading in the wrong direction
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 February 2017
Poor management, becoming a call center! They continue to change to comp plan and have no true structure or focus going forward
Pros
Good business model
Cons
Culture, Management, Direction
Independent Contractor
Multi-Functional IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Four Corners Regional Area16 January 2017
Very desirable position, I am able to select from a wide range of contracts in my area which allows me to be my own boss. The only down fall is the contracts do have peak seasons and low volume seasons.
Pros
I get to be my own boss.
Cons
Low volume seasons
IT Field Service Technicians with PC andNetworking
Independent Contractor IT Field Techician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL15 January 2017
Filed Nation offers freelance IT Field Service Technician a good opportunity to advance your career and work for companies all across the US.

Create your profile today and add all your skill sets to show companies how you can help them with their projects.
Pros
Be your own boss and make the kind of money you know your worth.
Cons
Need to have a more fluid work flow throughout the year to eleminate down time.
An interesting experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  home12 January 2017
Field Nation provides IT professionals a chance to continue honing skills and learning new ones while searching for full time employment. You determine your own hours and future
Pros
Easy to register. Fast payment
Cons
Sometimes the vendors are not so easy to deal with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3