Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN WORKPLACE
recuiter (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: rest time
Cons: flaxy hours
FIDELITY IS A NICE PLACE TO WORK THE PEOPLE THAT YOU WORK WITH MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME .YOU EVERN FORGET THAT IS TIME TO GO HOME.
good people. big company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 29, 2014
nice people to work with but a lot of bureaucracy
Outdated technology
good benefits: 401k, profit sharing
good worklife balance
Productive and relaxed work life
Benefits Consulting Representative III (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 29, 2014
The company is very political as most are. However the culture is nice if you work for the right people.
equipment keep in good order
sorter operator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: coworkers very helpful
Flexable hours
good workers-willing to aid in anyway
run sorter and distributed mail
Excellent company reputation/excellent benefits
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 27, 2014
enjoyed learning the industry of finance
Managers were mentors. Co-workers were wonderful to work with. Excellent team spirit
Great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: lay offs
A typical day at work would be to come into the office, check emails, make sure all work is completed from night before. Check on travel arrangements, attend meetings, schedule meetings, follow-up with senior management on agendas that need to be completed. Get work done and then go home.
Fun Shift
Customer Service Represetative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: seasonal
I worked til midnight, and we would shop ebay and order deserts from all of the fine restaurants in downtown Salt Lake City. A fun crowd of people to work with.
Fine for individuals who enjoy extreme micro management.
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: they are hiring.
Cons: can you say micro management?
Dreadful place to work. They will ask you to walk on water and not allocate time for you to perform all that they ask. If you are in an entry level position - expect to be micro managed to death. The pay is so so and the only ones who are happy are those who want to move into a management position.
Hey Fidelity - the 1950’s called and they want their – more... mindset back.
In an age when people are waking up to knowing the power of creating an inviting work environment, Fidelity seems to ignore all that and treat people with a "take it or leave" style of management.
If you went to school and worked hard on your degree, look elsewhere. Somewhere were you can thrive, grow, be creative and have some resemblance of fun. If you are completely boring and desperate than Fidelity is your place. – less
Great company to work for, 99% of the time.
Fixed Income Specialist / Technology Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, treat employees well, lots of unique benefits, continuously improves employee experience & opportunities, strong ethical standards.
Cons: many policies set in stone without consideration to individual employee situations, loyalty is not always rewarded, very competitive and sometimes political internal advancement and mobility, strict & methodical salary grades.
Very large private company that, for the most part, is very employee oriented. 99% of everyone I worked with and for were fantastic people and genuinely supportive and encouraged growth within the company. Found myself working for that 1% towards the end of my career which, compounded with my job relocating to North Carolina, led me to separate from – more... the company. Initially accepted the relocation package but ultimately decided that the management structure I was working for was not supportive of my career growth, and in addition to my wife and I becoming pregnant, decided not to relocate. Because I reneged on my decision, I forfeited any and all severance benefits. I worked hard to the scheduled end, and after 12 loyal years at Fidelity, I was shown the door with barely a pat on the back and zero severance pay (would have been 2 weeks for each year of service, plus bonus, plus profit sharing, plus benefits).

Negativity aside, I loved my time at Fidelity, loved the culture of Fidelity, and was proud to say that I worked for such a great company. I had envisioned myself working for the company for my entire career, and was loyal to the end. My separation from the company was unique to me, and was an anomaly that executive management was unwilling to bend the policy to accommodate.

If the right opportunity presented itself at Fidelity, I would strongly consider working there again. – less
Cool Place
Financial Representative (Former Employee), GeogiaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: there is a dept of everything and anything that can help
Cons: n/a
Anything that comes through the door

A LOT about compliance

Cool

Awesome

hardest part: N/A

Enjoyable: the people
Financial Sales
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Millburn, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Support the local investor center from walk-ins to other requests by the clients.
Very work centric position but fun.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: it was a good plce to work.
Cons: no cons.
Working at fidelity was a breeze it was not chaotic but it was reserved.I only worked there for three months, But in those three months i got to meet alot of people work on a project and gain experience as well. it was a fullfilling position.
Great Benefits, but a bit of a club atmosphere
Analyst (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management does not listen to concerns if you are not their friend.
If you did not fit into the "club" then you have no chance of advancing. It's all about who you know and who you befriend.
Wonderful
HR Representative (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Wonderful experience had at this company would highly recommend this employer to anyone

A great family atmosphere while keeping up with current trends and conditions
Nice work enviroment
Health and Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Establishing rapport with customers
Efficiently responding to customer needs
Assisting the clients to make the best decision for the Medical benefits needs
Document what each interaction is in reference to
lounge
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Great internship program that challenges you to think and work hard.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Certified Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of training, meetings, and managing the workflow. The hardest part of my job is meeting deadlines even when we have heavy volume. However the deadlines always get met. I enjoy the people I work with very much. I've become friends with all of them. Since I have to assign work daily having the respect from my fellow – more... co workers makes my job much more enjoyable. – less
Hard working in a service orientated atmosphere
Margin Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day involves approving high net worth transaction. In the approval process, I need to make sure the transaction was loaded correctly and is going to the correct account. The signature needs to be analyzed and verified and the paperwork must be dated. I will do 250 in a typical day. I will also issue house calls, especially when the market – more... goes down. Accounts also get looked at for any trading restrictions or violations. I am also involved in corrective banking procedures such as unauthorized direct debits and errors on checks. Correspondence regarding all these issues happens all day through phone and email. A day will usually include 50 phone calls.

I would say I learned to successful in customer service. I always thought customer service was overrated, but being in this role made me realize how valuable it is. People appreciate being treated right, and when you do, they come back the next time. And this is how relationships and contacts are formed.

The management at my company are first class in every way. Employee engagement is a huge focus area and senior management is always interested to hear from the associates regarding any issue.

My co-workers are very good at what they do. They know so much about margin and have a lot of experience. We are considered the "go-to" department whenever an issue cannot be resolved.

The hardest part of the job is handling multiple requests at once. Being in this role has made me a better multi-tasker. So many times in the day, I will be working on an approval, while reading an email, picking up the phone, getting instant messaged, and a co-worker asking for assistance. Getting to all the issues seems impossible sometimes, but by prioritizing and managing my tasks, I never miss any.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the clients happy. Going above and beyond is what our company is all about, but even hearing the happiness of a customer on a very simple issue brings a smile to my face. – less
Fedelity Outbound in Grapevine, Tx
HRP (Former Employee), Grapevine, TxJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: bad management
Cons: good benefits
I worked there for 6 months through Veritude. At the beginning everything was fine. We had more work when the quartlerly work started and they hired more people finally, but the new people did not do that much as I and I had to do everything for them.

The nights supervisor got fired for warming up with one of the employees there..

I got fired at the – more... end only because I complaint about all the work that I had to do for these people and if you get sick u don't get to go home. Since I started working there I worked 11-12 hrs straight!

The main manager and new manger lady are really super mean! they do not care about treating good an employee(s).

Don't recommend working for Fidelity in Grapevine, Tx which is production based and they do not care about all the hard work that u put into. – less
Great Work Environment
Senior Fund Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 12, 2014
Fidelity is a great place to develop your career in various divisions of finance and accounting.

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos