Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Giant Mutual Funds and Investment Company
Pension Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- good starting point for young professional
- provide good training
- good for people who wants to head into investment area
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
I was employed by Fidelity on a contract the work environment was amazing. My co-workers was fun and enjoyable to work with every day. I had no complains and wishes I could have continued working there but my department was out sourced to the United States.
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: much overtime required
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them.
good company
Junior BA/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good one
Cons: not much
good one especially for juniors...
all people are cordial and friendly..
Very Productive and Fun place
Senior IT Systems Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work. Really nice people. Please are honest and trust worthy. Managers and Directors really listen to employees and growth potential is astronomical.
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working down town
Cons: working beside the eaton center
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about.
Enjoyable environmement
Senior Bilingual Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Answer calls

learned about mutual funds

management is OK

Coworkers were fun and helpful

hardest part - shift work

enjoyable- environement
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount)
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJune 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Great North American company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoMay 30, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunitites to demonstrate leadership skills
Cons: none to mention
This was a great opportunity to learn about the Mutual Fund side of the business.
Opportunity to work with various departments, great learnings.
Stressful
Health & Insurance Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
expectations are way to high here and thehours where horrible
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: great salary, excellent teams
Cons: too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2012
Pros: advancement and co-workers
Cons: ignorance
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices.
Great Team
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2012
Pros: close to subway
Cons: no free lunches
I came here working from a smaller team and company and the place was filled with seasoned professionals and was one of the greatest learning experience.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2012
Pros: plenty of training and upgrading
Cons: advancement potential
Really took care of employees needs and made sure they were well balanced and appreciated.
Stay away unfair mgmt practices
Financial Associate 1 Defined Benefits (Former Employee), Research Triangle ParkJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: they have starbucks??
Cons: management practices
If you get hired on for Defined Benefits over Defined Contributions you are immediately placed in a position that leaves little room for advancement. There is no road map for your career and little mgmt support in this area. My Manager said it was up to me to get out there and network, well that is hard to do when you are on the phone receiving call after call. The expectations are high and the pay is low. They say your pay is based on benefits more so then your hourly wage.

They would launch events and tell you to use your resources. On the day of the event you would look for the resources and they would not be there leaving you to scramble to figure things out with your peers. If your manager was around, which on the first day they typically are not, I guess their off hiding, don't bother asking them a question because they would have no answers. Then the calls come in one after another and the management team is trying to figure things out on the fly. Very poor planning. I was amazed by this, you would think a big financial company that has these events would be prepared, think again! Way too much grey to figure out on your own.

I was terminated for hanging on to phone calls to try to educate myself. I received zero progressive discipline or writes up and when I told my boss I would escalate on him on an issue I was essentially backed doored for hanging on a call. This seems to be a common practice for the mgmt with out them following their own discipline process. Shady practice. If they stuck with firing everyone that hung on a call there would be no employees in the building everyone would be fired. So as far as the companies values and integrity is concerned it is laughable. I would never recommend anyone work there or invest a penny with them.
Love Fidelity Investments
Account Executive (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Very lucky and fortunate to work for Fidelity Investments.
Good for some work experience
Anonymous (Current Employee), The WestJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: hard to move up even if you are successful
Good company to get some work experience but not as a career. Benefits are ok but comparable to many other companies out there.
After many years in the production arena - the benefits administartion arena provided a complete picture of a corporation
Production Manager – Document Services (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: tremendous training, very helpful co-woorkers and supervisiors and you felt like part of the team
Cons: everything was scheduled to the minute, linch, breaks, restroom breaks and the scheduled times varried widely from day to day
Fidelity was a very different work environment for me. As production manager i was very aware that time and money were almost inseparable, but the culture at Fidelity too it to another world. Fidelity had metrics for everything. The metrics measured customer interaction time, to the time you spent in the restroom. I understand and fully agree with most of the productivity metrics, but i think some of them went a bit to far. The people were great to work with, but it was difficult to explain to people why their benefits cost so much and did not cover all that was expected.
Nice place to work
Business - Reporting Specialist (Current Employee), BangaloreJanuary 21, 2015
Nice place to work.
Fidelity Respect each individual.
Job is very Secured
Company where you can learn more...

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos