Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
I was employed by Fidelity on a contract the work environment was amazing. My co-workers was fun and enjoyable to work with every day. I had no complains and wishes I could have continued working there but my department was out sourced to the United States.
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: much overtime required
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then – more... I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them. – less
good company
Junior BA/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good one
Cons: not much
good one especially for juniors...
all people are cordial and friendly..
Very Productive and Fun place
Senior IT Systems Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work. Really nice people. Please are honest and trust worthy. Managers and Directors really listen to employees and growth potential is astronomical.
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working down town
Cons: working beside the eaton center
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence – more... of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about. – less
Enjoyable environmement
Senior Bilingual Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Answer calls

learned about mutual funds

management is OK

Coworkers were fun and helpful

hardest part - shift work

enjoyable- environement
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client – more... and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount) – less
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJune 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Stressful
Health & Insurance Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
expectations are way to high here and thehours where horrible
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: great salary, excellent teams
Cons: too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2012
Pros: advancement and co-workers
Cons: ignorance
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant – more... mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices. – less
Great Team
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2012
Pros: close to subway
Cons: no free lunches
I came here working from a smaller team and company and the place was filled with seasoned professionals and was one of the greatest learning experience.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2012
Pros: plenty of training and upgrading
Cons: advancement potential
Really took care of employees needs and made sure they were well balanced and appreciated.
Peaceful atmosphere and rewarding
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), MorrisvilleAugust 28, 2014
If you love to help other and are focus on the grater good, you will be a great fit for this wonderful company
culture superb, grounds are A+, work is tasteful, exciting
Defined Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free tea, hot chocolate, nice cafeteria, opportunities to learn, friendly people
Cons: if you are not happy go lucky, metrosexual, or extremely witty to transform yourself into what the manager you are under is, not willing to kiss up, not willing to communicate about nonsense, you may not make it pass the first month
on a temporary contract, this place is nice place to start your career, every second on the floor someone is watching you to see if you fit into company culture, figure out the culture early, ie first 2 days and you are in
Transaction Processor
Transaction Processor (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIAugust 25, 2014
In a paper free environment, received New Account Set Up requests for various IRA and 401k applicants. Activated their accounts, and applied the necessary payment plan/options.
Great Place to Work - Sometimes
Project Manager (Current Employee), BostonAugust 22, 2014
Fidelity is a great place to work, overall. Great work/life balance, total comp, and benefits. Culture and retention vary greatly among organizations and locations. Promotions are largely based on who you know, depending on the group.
Great learning experience for a year and a month
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: team outings, regular one on one meetings etc
I worked as a Training Coordinator at Fidelity Investment for a year and a month. My work involved the followings tasks -
• Efficiently manage the delivery of training and development programs
• Vendor Management and arrange logistical requirements for in-class training programs
• Maintain departmental training records.
• Implementation and evaluation – more... of training initiatives to meet the programs objectives.

My responsibilities include to handle multiple tasks efficiently and prioritize them based on importance, to be able to meet deadlines set for sending reports out and to carry out tasks as an efficient team player .

Appreciation for the efforts put in a task motivated me to give my best and was the most enjoyable part of the job. One of the major challenges faced at work were to get dates from trainers within the organisation to conduct a training session as each one of them had project deliverable to complete or regular meetings to attend etc.

My tenure in the organisation has been truly commendable .The work culture at Fidelity Investments has helped each employee feel a sense of belonging and experience a great work life balance as well. – less
Content Manager
Content Manager (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIAugust 21, 2014
A typical day - There really isn't a typical day in this role. Some can be full of unexpected work and deadlines that make the work load huge, and others can be very quiet. This can change in an instant.

I work on xcel, word, SDL Tridion, XTRAC and eReview.

The management here at Fidelity is fantastic. I have experienced support, training, encouragement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: bad management
Taking payments for the IRS. I learned a lot about the IRS. The hardest part of the job was the negotiation of the payments that the customers were paying.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos