Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Giant Mutual Funds and Investment Company
Pension Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- good starting point for young professional
- provide good training
- good for people who wants to head into investment area
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
I was employed by Fidelity on a contract the work environment was amazing. My co-workers was fun and enjoyable to work with every day. I had no complains and wishes I could have continued working there but my department was out sourced to the United States.
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: much overtime required
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then – more... I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them. – less
good company
Junior BA/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good one
Cons: not much
good one especially for juniors...
all people are cordial and friendly..
Very Productive and Fun place
Senior IT Systems Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work. Really nice people. Please are honest and trust worthy. Managers and Directors really listen to employees and growth potential is astronomical.
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working down town
Cons: working beside the eaton center
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence – more... of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about. – less
Enjoyable environmement
Senior Bilingual Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Answer calls

learned about mutual funds

management is OK

Coworkers were fun and helpful

hardest part - shift work

enjoyable- environement
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client – more... and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount) – less
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJune 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Great North American company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoMay 30, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunitites to demonstrate leadership skills
Cons: none to mention
This was a great opportunity to learn about the Mutual Fund side of the business.
Opportunity to work with various departments, great learnings.
Stressful
Health & Insurance Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
expectations are way to high here and thehours where horrible
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: great salary, excellent teams
Cons: too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2012
Pros: advancement and co-workers
Cons: ignorance
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant – more... mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices. – less
Great Team
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2012
Pros: close to subway
Cons: no free lunches
I came here working from a smaller team and company and the place was filled with seasoned professionals and was one of the greatest learning experience.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2012
Pros: plenty of training and upgrading
Cons: advancement potential
Really took care of employees needs and made sure they were well balanced and appreciated.
Solid experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 23, 2014
Dedicated co-workers

Commitment to the organization

Was a great place to work
Principal Regional Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: they get technology at the greatest levels.
Cons: the new leadership
Smart people, challenging work and pushing the envelope to leverage technology as a competitive advantage. It was good to work with smart people that really were interested in doing good work. It is a large company that provided a lot of opportunity and challenge and generally treated their people well.
A good place to start a career in finance
Non Qualified Plan Services Lead (Current Employee), Westlake, TXNovember 20, 2014
Discussing benefits plans with customers and assisting customers in developing retirement plans. Maintaining on phone time stats for call center reps.

Management style can vary across teams.

There is opportunity for advancement. It is easy to get a role where you can obtain industry licenses, but it can be tough to break out of the call center role.
keep people around you safe and happy
security services (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 20, 2014
Pros: 30 minutes lounch
Cons: 8 hours a day
I like many things about this work I always make my managers happy by work hard . I like keep every body around me safe and happy and that make them feel secure .
Overall, the company is a productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables and Wi play stations
Stock Broker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits; advancement opportunities; prestigious and reputable company.
Cons: compensation for some groups are not commensurate with work performed, some work shifts may not be amenable to an ideal work/life balance
The work days are usually fairly busy so time tends to go by rather quickly. Interactions vary from a wide range of clientele and, for the most part, makes for interesting conversations. I've learned that top notch customer service is expected and required for the company to achieve desired success. Management is supportive and are constantly looking – more... for ways to improve the client and employee experience. Co-workers as a whole, are usually amicable and supportive. The hardest part of the job is hearing how certain predicaments in life have adversely affected some clients.The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is being able to help clients achieve their goals and take care of their needs. Overall, the company is a productive and fun workplace. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos