Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

Very fun and challenging environment
Marketing Manager - Creative Design (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
I still associate with old colleagues. It was a great environment to learn and grow. Management was very good and encouraged growth. When the markets turned south so did the jobs.
Pros
The culture was great. People were very friendly.
Cons
Projects were not celebrated and often ignored when finished
n/a
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Give us your opinion about
a typical day at work
management
coworkers
hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally
Productive and fun workplace with gym membership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
working at Fidelity Investments was enjoblyable and very relaxing, customers are wonderul and so is management and my co wokers.
I've never had a difficult or hard day at Fidelility, everything about it was enjoyable
Pros
The benefits where great, we recieved gym passes and also had alot of social events
Cons
the only con was the fact that it was contract work
Fidelity Invesments (Health and Insurance)
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
I have learned and provided best customer service to General motors employees over the phone.

I have learned employee life insurance benefits and health and insurance. Fidelity had an excellent team of managers. I have worked closely with managers to assist the new hire teams.

During the normal work day I have had created manger work items, tickets. I provided technical support to our customers over the phone.

I had great relationship with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers over the phone. I am very patient and I have a great customer skills to deal with any type of customers.

I loved working for fidelity investments.
Excellent company
Call Center Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits, company culture.
Work life balance. Flexible hours. Job Advancement.
A new role as a Senior BA
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
New role was really exciting as it was a responsible role to drive the project and also identify and coach teammates where ever required
Great place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. Every day was a new challenge and tasks to deal with. Work environment was really good and the co-workers are really helpful.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours and breaks
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2014
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Much overtime required
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2014
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about.
Pros
Working down town
Cons
working beside the Eaton Center
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2012
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices.
Pros
advancement and co-workers
Cons
ignorance
Great Communications Team
Bilingual Client Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 February 2015
Working for Fidelity Investments was the highlight of my career as a French communications specialist. I learned new things every day and was mentored by a seasoned communication specialist.

Meetings and job culture were relaxed and open. I was open to new ideas and approaches.

Loved Fidelity!
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2014
Has up to date technology and management is supportive.
However due to large downsizing a few years ago there is limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Mutual Fund Transactions
Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2015
If you are looking for a rewarding and engaging company, this is the place to be. They are rated as one of Toronto's best employers for a reason. They are located next to a major shopping centre, subway, go transit, and in the financial district. Above ground or under ground, choose your path every day to and from work, everyday is interesting. I believe the company tries to achieve a good work life balance, and they can live up to that.
This job requires a lot of reading various forms that come in by mail or fax from many different investment companies, and need to be processed. Its pretty convenient in that they are scanned, and you can see the items on one screen, and the software that helps you input the information in the system on the other screen. Teams are large in terms of employee to supervisor, but it works out well in that senior employees help out the new ones, and the whole team manages to get all the incoming mail and faxes done by the end of the day. If information is missing or requires verification due to clarity, you may need to send a fax or contact who sent it in to amend. Management will grade you on productivity and quality (mistakes), and given the time you are there, you will have to learn new types of transactions at a good pace, until you get to where senior employees are. I think that the work environment promotes teamwork and communicating among your co-workers, as some of the work done during the day does get reviewed by anyone of them who chooses your work and is qualified to correct it if it needs to be.
The processing department had about
  more... 60 employees when I was there so kind of large.  less
Fun place to work at
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario16 June 2015
Great company well respected in the Financial sector. Good benefits, RRSP contributions and medical and dental plan. They look after their employees.
Pros
RRSP contributions
Cons
I can think of none
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontario12 June 2013
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Pros
free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2012
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Pros
great salary, excellent teams
Cons
too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Senior Manager Planning and analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on5 May 2015
great place to work people are smart and overall good benefits. very well roudned employees with a high caliber. i would recommend this company to all
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount)
Enjoyable environmement
Senior Bilingual Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2014
Answer calls

learned about mutual funds

management is OK

Coworkers were fun and helpful

hardest part - shift work

enjoyable- environement
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2012
Really took care of employees needs and made sure they were well balanced and appreciated.
Pros
plenty of training and upgrading
Cons
advancement potential

Fidelity Investments Reviews by Location