Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace with gym membership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
working at Fidelity Investments was enjoblyable and very relaxing, customers are wonderul and so is management and my co wokers.
I've never had a difficult or hard day at Fidelility, everything about it was enjoyable
Pros
The benefits where great, we recieved gym passes and also had alot of social events
Cons
the only con was the fact that it was contract work
Fidelity Invesments (Health and Insurance)
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
I have learned and provided best customer service to General motors employees over the phone.

I have learned employee life insurance benefits and health and insurance. Fidelity had an excellent team of managers. I have worked closely with managers to assist the new hire teams.

During the normal work day I have had created manger work items, tickets. I provided technical support to our customers over the phone.

I had great relationship with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers over the phone. I am very patient and I have a great customer skills to deal with any type of customers.

I loved working for fidelity investments.
Great place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. Every day was a new challenge and tasks to deal with. Work environment was really good and the co-workers are really helpful.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours and breaks
Excellent company
Call Center Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits, company culture.
Work life balance. Flexible hours. Job Advancement.
World CLass Company!!!
Facilities/Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
One of the top employers in Toronto. Great people are working for the company, with a great working atmosphere. One of the top companies in the world.
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, ONJune 22, 2015
I found this job productive to the most. My typical day starts from reviewing my emails and then discussing my work with my coordinates. The day goes on with working along with my coordinates.
Fun place to work at
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioJune 16, 2015
Great company well respected in the Financial sector. Good benefits, RRSP contributions and medical and dental plan. They look after their employees.
Pros
RRSP contributions
Cons
I can think of none
Great mangement
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Amazing Co-workers, great team and also a great opportunity to learn new things and working over there is not something you are working hard, it's more you are enjoying your work.
Great Communications Team
Bilingual Client Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 2, 2015
Working for Fidelity Investments was the highlight of my career as a French communications specialist. I learned new things every day and was mentored by a seasoned communication specialist.

Meetings and job culture were relaxed and open. I was open to new ideas and approaches.

Loved Fidelity!
Senior Manager Planning and analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, onMay 5, 2015
great place to work people are smart and overall good benefits. very well roudned employees with a high caliber. i would recommend this company to all
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about.
Pros
working down town
Cons
working beside the eaton center
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount)
Long day to go with delicious meal
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Taking initiative and setting goals for every single day and also encouraging the team members to upgrade themselves to the required technology,.
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2012
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices.
Pros
advancement and co-workers
Cons
ignorance
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontarioJune 12, 2013
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Pros
free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2012
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Pros
great salary, excellent teams
Cons
too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
much overtime required
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
I was employed by Fidelity on a contract the work environment was amazing. My co-workers was fun and enjoyable to work with every day. I had no complains and wishes I could have continued working there but my department was out sourced to the United States.
Great North American company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 30, 2013
This was a great opportunity to learn about the Mutual Fund side of the business.
Opportunity to work with various departments, great learnings.
Pros
lot's of opportunitites to demonstrate leadership skills
Cons
none to mention
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Has up to date technology and management is supportive.
However due to large downsizing a few years ago there is limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement