Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
I was employed by Fidelity on a contract the work environment was amazing. My co-workers was fun and enjoyable to work with every day. I had no complains and wishes I could have continued working there but my department was out sourced to the United States.
Great experience at management
Team Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: much overtime required
Working at Fidelity was very memorable. I learned a great deal about employer sponsored plans such as pensions and investment accounts, as well as the benefits of communication, teamwork, and leadership.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was switched around a lot due to my lower seniority. I supervised the evening shift for a while, then – more... I was moved to the day shift to manage five consecutive new hire teams. However, this was beneficial for me because I was able to experience much more within a shorter period of time because of the constant rotation of personnel.

The management and staff at Fidelity were outstanding. Fidelity did a great job of hiring smart up and coming employees from the work force. We had over 700 employees on site; many of which were around my age group. It was a tremendous experience learning and growing with them. – less
good company
Junior BA/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good one
Cons: not much
good one especially for juniors...
all people are cordial and friendly..
Very Productive and Fun place
Senior IT Systems Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Great place to work. Really nice people. Please are honest and trust worthy. Managers and Directors really listen to employees and growth potential is astronomical.
productive and enjoyable
Health & Insurance and Authentication Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working down town
Cons: working beside the eaton center
A typical day at work was helping customers with their 401k investments.
I learned what a 401K was.
I like our management team.
I made new life long friends from the co-workers I met there. My co-workers were helpful, amazing.
The hardest part of the job was in the beginning when I was new.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feel the confidence – more... of knowing, and understanding the products of which I spoke about. – less
Enjoyable environmement
Senior Bilingual Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Answer calls

learned about mutual funds

management is OK

Coworkers were fun and helpful

hardest part - shift work

enjoyable- environement
one of the top 50 companies
CSS Associate Health and Welfare (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2014
United States Healthcare, Greenshield Canada, International plans.
The focus of my position was to educate our customers on their healthcare options that where offered by their employer and remind them that they have partnered with a leading company. Our job was to deliver trust and confidence each and every time we had contact with the customer, client – more... and their affiliates. As the Data Recorder Keeper of all active (employed), inactive (retired) and ex-patriot (active employee working outside U.S.A) participant's information. We interacted actively to resolve data issues and interruptions in coverage with all vendors (Health and Life Insurance, Dependent Tuition Grants, Employee Extended Discount) – less
Health & Insurance Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJune 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, cafe, location, paid benefits and great salary
Had a great time workin here. i made a lot of great ppl and many friends. they truly take care of their employees. Every summer we would have BBQ with live bands and charity events for charities all across the GTA.. The location was great right beside Eaton Centre and right off the subway line. They offered great benefits and a competitve salary
Great North American company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), TorontoMay 30, 2013
Pros: lot's of opportunitites to demonstrate leadership skills
Cons: none to mention
This was a great opportunity to learn about the Mutual Fund side of the business.
Opportunity to work with various departments, great learnings.
Stressful
Health & Insurance Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
expectations are way to high here and thehours where horrible
Fidelity is an excellent company
Bilingual Senior Advisor Service Centre Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2012
Pros: great salary, excellent teams
Cons: too far to travel to from markham to bay street downtown toronto
Excellent company, good teams and excellent support. Always aiming for the best quality in client services. Personnel is flexible and few people leave the company which shows excellent security of employment.
Very vibrant atmosphere
Pension Specialist/ Coach for New Hires (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2012
Pros: advancement and co-workers
Cons: ignorance
Call center environment with Training sector allowed you to meet many people from all walks of life.
Learnt a lot about American products and services.
Management changed a lot but for the most part was great and inspirational.
Co-workers were so incredible and still are good close friends.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with ignorant – more... mindsets.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to move up from call center to Human Resources and be able to train new hires on best practices. – less
Great Team
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2012
Pros: close to subway
Cons: no free lunches
I came here working from a smaller team and company and the place was filled with seasoned professionals and was one of the greatest learning experience.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2012
Pros: plenty of training and upgrading
Cons: advancement potential
Really took care of employees needs and made sure they were well balanced and appreciated.
Ability to motivate and others and myself, which caused me to transition through other positions.
Customer Service Rep, In-Team Trainer, Team Leader (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TexasOctober 21, 2014
Pros: my work was recognized and valued, i had the abilit to challenge myself daily, i loved the team atmosphere.
Cons: my work/ life balance was not as high as i would have liked.
I began working for Fidelity Investments, SW in Las Colinas, Texas as a customer service representative. I was working the evening shift for some time, but due to my dedication to the team in getting the job done, no matter what the cost; I was moved to the day shift to motivate others around me. I was slowly being given managerial responsibilities – more... by my manager who was mentoring me to be her replacement. I was given the opportunity to become a team trainer on new programs, polices and procedures, etc. to my team in the Transfer of Assets Department. Due to my success as a trainer within my group I was asked to teach 600 representatives in our Southwest Center on quality initiatives. Given my success in training, it allowed me to quickly transition to Team Leader under the direction of Manger. As a Team Leader I was the go-to person for direction on any problem that representatives may have been having in processing requests for transfers. I handled escalated calls if the representative was asking for a supervisor. I became their front-line supervisor where the department became noted for high scores in caller satisfaction, responsiveness and accuracy.

Unfortunately, my father passed away while I was working in Dallas. I decided to leave my position at Fidelity to return to New Orleans to be closer to family. – less
Fast growth culture
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHOctober 21, 2014
A very good place to work if considering long term future in finance. Lot to learn technically.
Financial Planning Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: one fidelity approach
Cons: very robotic feel; no room for creativity.
Great experience once you are in and trained the Fidelity way.
Large workload and fast paced
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoOctober 20, 2014
large workload and very complex. However rewarding in the fact that you are able to help people with their financial needs.
Very professional and ever-embracing ideas and thoughts
(Temp Contract Assignments) Retirement & Benefits (Former Employee), Westlake, TXOctober 20, 2014
Although I have only had the opportunity to work on a contract/temporary basis, Fidelity remains to be, to me, a superb place to work. The staff, of all ages, is very professional, if not the most professional in ethics, integrity, and dress. I always felt I was among very educated and promising individuals when there during my three assignments.
Work life balance
Systems Analyst (BPM(XTRAC) (Current Employee), BangaloreOctober 18, 2014
good place to work. Typically day starts with positive attitude towards work and people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider – Read more

Fidelity Investments Photos