Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Awful place to work, upper management should be fired
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 November 2016
Poor management, did not understand job culture or how to motivate individuals. Over worked management staff. Bullied others into getting what they wanted and threaten employment if you didn't work overtime .
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
poor upper management
Lively work space and nice Co-workers
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
The work was difficult but the people at work made it fun. I learned a fair amount about car parts and how to assemble said parts onto the cars. My co-workers were nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was how fast paced it was, considering its on the line. The most enjoyable part was finally grasping the job that was assigned to you that day/week
Pros
Good pay, Friendly people
Cons
Long hours, difficult
Negative & Stressful job & work environment
Correspondence/Fleet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2016
- customer contact for vehicle drivers who have warranty questions or concerns.
- people can be very rude while on telephone call and degrade agent as an individual
- management was very stressful as calls were all recorded, monitored and reviewed with critizim.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
people are cruical and negative work enviroment
Use up employees like they are going out of style.
REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 October 2016
Has the potential to be good but Management seems to care only for productivity and numbers.
There does not appear to be any loyalty to employees or the acceptable treatment of employees.
I would not recommend this employer to anyone who has any respect for themselves or others.
Pros
Potential to advance and learn
Cons
Terrible treatment of employees.
enjoyed detailing
Vehicle Preparation Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2016
cleaned cars learned how to pay attention to detail management was okay enjoyed working with my co-worked great people. hard part of the job was working in tight areas.
Lift truck
Leader Metal South (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 November 2015
It was a challenge every day to get the trailers in on time and keep the plant going. I learn to work with management on the location of my trailer if it was in transit and it's time of arrival. We always had a good experience working with them getting the days work done. The hardest part of the job was to fine stock in the plant that new drivers would drop at the wrong location and you new they were in the plant some place. And the most enjoyable was accomplishing it day after day and getting my 30 years in
Pros
30 years work to raise my Family with great pay and benifits.
Cons
In the early years some of those jobs were hard on the body, before ergnomics that is.
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halton, ON12 November 2016
Great place to work with fun environment where you get to learn new things every day. The only draw back is the long hours and no work life balance...
Money/benefits are amazing
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2016
The money and benefits are amazing, working on the line is okay, depending on which side you are on.

there is alot of politics in there. sometimes you just jump on the line and turn your brain off. hours are straight forward. its either you make friends or stay quiet.
Working at Chrysler
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2016
It is a good place for students to work at as it pays a good wage, and you learn to work with your hands. I've learned more about cars, while also learning to work with a large group of co-workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
store standards
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2016
I typical day at work consisted of assisting many customers with professionalism and courtesy. I would also assist with loading and unloading heavy objects for those who required assistance. What I learned while working at Walmart was that there are many attitudes that you have to deal with on a daily bases and your response usually has the biggest impact on how the problem is resolved. The mangers there were quite efficient in their daily operations, however they were at times unclear with scheduling which resulted in inefficient work. My fellow co-workers were very helpful and we were part of a team, which meant no selfish agendas would be accepted. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with customers who blamed me for the product or discounted prices not being adjusted. Knowing that this was not my department, I would have to try to reason with the customer and explain in a calm manner that I would get them in contact with the people who were responsible. The most enjoyable part of my job were working withe my fellow co-workers who brought a smile on my face everyday.
Productive and educational place to work
Die Cast Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 April 2016
Chrysler offers great benefits for their employees, for example, medical, pension plan, and life insurance. They are flexible with scheduling and life balance with work. This job inspired me to pursue an education in the Engineering field.
Pros
great pay for students to be able to pay off tuition
Cons
lay- offs
This review is an overview of all of my employers.
DeWildt Chrysler Sales Consultant, product advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 January 2016
There are no typical days:

I learned that workplaces can be the ultimate, your co-workers can make an amazing difference, and another can decimate it all:

I'm mature and experienced enough in employment and life that I view the work place from a management sight line; that's not to say I am or believe myself to be a manager, I have a fairly strong understanding of what a manager could and should be and by my standards, not all I have worked for near the benchmark:

As I stated before, co-workers can make and brake any workplace if management permits:

Hitting the standards I set for myself:

Reaching the standards I set for myself:
Chrysler
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2016
Good place to work. Was a temp student worker. They treat their employees well and the plant was well run and organized;
From the final section of the plant to body.
Repetitive but fair pay.
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2016
I read the other reviews here saying that working at Chrysler is "hard" work but that's a load of jargon. The only viable strenuous aspects to the work you're doing depends on what area you work in. #1 you're on your feet for 8 hours per shift with a twenty minute lunch and two ten minutes breaks. #2 You will do repetitive motions and bending pertaining to your job and therefore will feel somewhat sore. This by no means deems the work as "hard". I worked in landscaping before I worked on the assembly line and it was much "harder" and by that I mean "exhausting" not actually more difficult as those previous reviews so imply. It's a medium energy job, boring work, fair pay, and will make you wish you worked outside again.
Cons
Repetitive muscle movements, tedious
Difficult job, but worth it.
TPT Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON4 September 2015
A typical day at work was running the dye cast machines, you learned to operate these giant machines and consoles and how to work the parts, and it was a lot of fun to be able to know so much about these machines. Management pretty good they put an effort in to switch you around to different parts so that it wasn't as boring and they did what they could to help if you had a problem. The co-workers were a lot of fun and everyone would be a blast during the breaks, the hardest part was that since it was a factory job, it was hard not to get bored after 8 hours. The most enjoyable thing was definitely the people you met though.
Pros
Good pay, Nice people
Cons
Long hours, hard and hot work
Monotonous Workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 August 2015
The best thing about this workplace was the people I worked with. Besides that, working as an assembler on the line is basically robot work. A typical day at work wold be doing the same job 500 times a day every 48 seconds. I learned how to communicate with my peers and supervisors about potential problems that could arise during the production process. I learned time management skills between working and going to school and this job taught me to work hard for your money. I work in a unionized environment so management and workers do not see eye to eye very often however I understand that supervisors are put in certain situations where they can not make everyone happy and things must be done for the greater good of the company.
Pros
Paid lunches, only work 8 hours a day nothing more, people are fun to be around
Cons
Hot summers, hard work for your body, very monotonous work
to be in volved in desisions
Production MIG Welder/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2016
keeping up the pace fast pace 6 days a week for many years great people very good benefits lots of time off well its what what you make of it it can be a good place to work or bad its a mind set to be gratefulll
Pros
good money
Cons
hard on the body
Great workplace with Exceptional People
Customer Service/ Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON24 August 2016
A typical day involved prospection showing the product
sales.
Answering any questions or inquiries about the product or transaction
Productive fast pace enviroment
tpt (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2016
Enjoyed working there. Fast paced. Would like to work for Chryslers as a full time employee. Lots of friendly people. Learned to jobs almost weekly.
Premier Chrysler
receptionniste/office clerk (Former Employee) –  Ferrier Street,Montreal12 August 2015
My name is Georgiana-Iren Codrianu.

My days would start by answering phones,opening mail, directing calls, create order sheets,mailing,billing, I have learned about filing,warehouse work,lifting. Great management team,organised and professional people.My co-workers where very nice,professional and kind. Hardest part of my job was to always make sure everybody was satisfied,witch is not always possible. I enjoyed learning day to day different aspects and departments of the company.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
the salary

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Reviews by Location