Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Auto detailer Barrie Chrysler
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 February 2018
Very toxic work environment. Job security?? all in who you know.
Management leaves a lot to be desired. Worked very hard for the little money I was being paid.
So much potential!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 February 2018
Job description included much of what I sought in the growth of skills and increase in remuneration.
The extra hours are not predictable and days that begin at 4:45 a.m. may not end until 7 or 8 p.m.
The training needs some organizational elements.
The workplace is not conducive to growth and expansion with regard to my abilities.
The benefits are great, the pay is great- a more invigorating environment could add to the positive energy within the workplace.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
unpredictable hours and needs of organization in training
repetitive fast paced environment
Stamping Department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2018
It was a good job as a student, it fit around my schedule and the salary really helped with student expenses. My fellow employees where very helpful and i learned every job in the stamping department fairly quickly.
Pros
close to home
Cons
repetitive work with only 15 minute breaks. always on your feet
general laborer worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 January 2018
Good job, basic tasks included loading machines with parts and building components for the main assembly line
on your feet all day and breaks were short
Pros
good money
Cons
no time off
Worked on line for 17 years and 3 years on forklift
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2018
First started at the Chrysler Canada Ajax On. Trim Plant in 1982 .Worked on different lines assembling door panels . In 1987 I went to warehouse to operate Counterbalance Forklift and certified in house . There I would load and load product from or to transport trailers . Would take parts to all areas on the 3 lines . !990 I went back to the plant to work on the line . In 1993 I transferred to the Chrysler Canada Brampton Assembly Plant . The Ajax Trim Plant was closing .I learned to use various air powered tools . Learned to operate and air powered glue spray gun , The people were good to work with and the environment was great . I didn't really have any dislikes about my job . After transfer to Brampton I worked in Trim ! area installing multiple parts . Learned to operate pneumatic arm to install HVAC unit into chassis . In 2003 I took an early retirement package due to health problems
Pros
Great money
Cons
Union representation
Decent Job
Cleanning crew (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 January 2018
Worked for Team Industrial who are the cleaning crew.
Good pay, however was only through a temp agency and no security. Had to move on to something more secure.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Good place to work with career advancement opportunities. Management is good as well as the work place culture. A lot of external factors effect the job such as supply and demand of vehicles.
I couldn't wait to quit
Business Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 December 2017
A very abusive environment to work in. Most managers are fond of yelling, swearing, and belittling. Does not allow for a work-life balance.

Good pay though.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Culture, management, work-life balance
Great sutdent job
Quality Control - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 December 2017
This job was excellent for a student, especially if you're a huge fan of cars. This role taught me a lot about inspection of vehicles and this is something you could take with you forever.
Repetitive work, easy once you're used to it
Temporary Part Time Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 November 2017
I got it when I was in school. As a temporary part time worker I could work whenever I wanted and paid me enough to get through my post secondary degree. The job is boring and highly repetitive.
A lot of pressure
New car salesman (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2017
Bad experience overall. Work environment is challenging as management has a lot of ego. There is a lot of pressure to hit your numbers..numbers are tough to reach because of low traffic.
Pros
You learn how the industry works so it can benefit you in the future
Cons
bad pay
Follow-up Analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2017
Task oriented liked the environment always a challenge but we always have the tools and resources to problem solve. Good team work and productive
voitures etincellantes, administration decevante
administration dept. service (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC28 September 2017
Je lis les commentaires sur FCA et l'image en usine semble tres differente que celle vecue en concession, je suis a l'emploi du meme concessionnaire depuis plus de 20 ans je peut dire que les relations entre manufacturier et concessionnaires sont des plus desagreables.
ex: politique de garantie non respectees, favoritisme envers certains
concessionnaire, et remuneration du travail accompli par les techniciens en garantie tres mediocre. malheureusement au Canada depuis la perte de Yves Landry personne n'osent se tenir debout face a l'administration Americaine de FCA. Qui rend le travail de tous les jours un defi de taille qui vaut la peine quand on a l'esprit "client" mais si on pense au manufacturier nous positionne au degre "0"
en tant qu'etre humain.
Desole Sergio mais ce n'est pas aussi etincelant que vous le dites
Pros
beaux produits
Cons
relations concessionnaire/manufacturier penible
Hard workplace with Horrible Management
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2017
Overall decent job for the money it pays but management and the work environment is completely horrible. People and team leaders do not care about safety, if you get injured they expect you to recover quick and act like it is nothing. Save yourself do not work here.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
everything!
great workplace
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2017
I have enjoyed my time at FCA, I have no complaints, my managers are very helpful and do a great job keeping the department running smooth, We make a very good product
Its a factory job, and comes with all that entails.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Same hours everyday, steady work and and pay.
The pay and benefits are good but dont expect any sort or job satisfaction. Your basically bolting on parts 500 times a day. If low stress, and leaving work at work is what your after than its a good job for you. Problem is its very hard to get hired in the first place. And forget the rumours, its a hard job and you will work your butt off for that good pay, also it will eventually destroy your body, even the fittest people start to break down after a few years. There are easy jobs to be had, but you have to be there 20-25 years before you'll get them. Good luck
Pros
holidays and $
Cons
will distroy your joints
great company, experience and money however, bad management
Temporary Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 September 2017
A typical day at work consists of coming in on time and working physically on the vehicles coming down the assembly line. I learned a lot about the automotive industry and how certain parts of the vehicle is assembled. The management is horrific and was the main reason why I decided to leave. The workplace culture was typical factory life, people were really nice however very uneducated. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. My body could not keep up sometimes and I found myself suffering from severe shoulder, back and leg pain. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people and the money.
Pros
pay, people
Cons
management, physical demeaning
Friendly atmosphere
Truck Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 August 2017
Really liked the work and everyone was Friendly. Learned to work fast and manage time. Everyone helped each other out if they needed help. The job was not stressful at all.
Good experience, but not worth the negatives
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Very little organization and tracking. Lots of data is still recorded on paper or within very disjunct files/emails on the server system

Little to no training is provided in the role, you usually shadow someone in the same role for a week or less before you are on your own. OK for experienced hires from auto, detrimental to anyone onboarding

An extreme pressure between departments; production and quality are intrinsically set up to work against each other which usually ends up with both sides losing through compromise

Many continuous improvement/Kaizan type processes are force-fitted to work

Extreme hours expected. Causes very poor morale internally

However, there are many, very knowledgeable skilled tradesmen in the plant. There are lots of hands on skills that are only learned by them working there for years

Union can be difficult to work with, but not an extreme issue
Pros
World class operation, good pay
Cons
11-12 hour days, 6-7 days a week, old school management, resistant to change
Dynamic Place
Payroll - Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2017
Working in the office in a car plant is like going back into time. Old office furniture equipment that is not longer used but I learned how to use a microfich. Paid very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K