FGL Sports Employee Reviews in Canada

No real direction
Enterprise Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
Depending on where you worked at FGL, the capacity for advancement was low. Management seemed to change every three months. Salary was low -- no incentives were ever offered.
Culture was lazy.
Pros
Too Easy
Cons
Too Easy
Great work for temporary purposes
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Good Company for temporary purposes with great working environment. Management was ok and work itself is physically demanding.
Productive and patience required workplace
Footwear Department Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I've learned:
- how to have patience and communicate with customers whose English is their second language
- How to stay organized in a large work space
- how to prioritize
- Communicate with co-workers

Management could be more respectful of our own personal time

Hardest part of the job in having patience when there is a lack of communication or when you must handle the floor on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting customers and being able to interact with them
Pros
Discount
Healthy active lifestyle
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2016
Working at sportschek has been an adventure, the management where all friendly and positive. It is an awesome atmosphere and offers knowledge and training to anyone willing to learn.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Working with FGL was a great experience. People there were wonderful and worked as a team. The project I worked on was very interesting as it involved how to use IT as a service.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long Hours
very nice place to work and good ethical value
Seasonal team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
a nice place to work and ethical value and mission are top work in ethics and principle.team work is appreciate and encouraged.
Productive fun place to work!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LavalOctober 21, 2015
Pleasant work experience! Great people to work with and great atmosphere! A lot of great events and had a great boss! Great company to work with!
Pros
A lot of work events to have fun
Good company
IT AVP Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 9, 2015
This is the biggest office I have worked in. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel like family. I enjoyed making everyone smile on a daily basis from 8 am - 4 pm. I was well respected by every person that entered the office from employees to contractors to vendors. I have gained a lot of knowledge for the information technology world and achieved some great skills.
Great Staff, Low Hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie ON.July 7, 2015
Casual, working alongside great people. Management is okay, some managers better then others. A fairly easy job to work at. Would recommend working here if you play sports or are an active individual.
Pros
Discount, great staff.
Cons
Low hours each week.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 22, 2015
Management is not fair when assigning shifts.

Typical day at work consists of putting out stock and assisting customers.

I have learned a lot about bikes, skis, snowboards, and hockey equipment.

Co-workers are fun and enjoyable to be with.

Nothing is hard at this job.

Most enjoyable part is the co-workers.
Pros
co-workers, short hours
Cons
management
productive, nice place
picking, packing, labeling (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2015
before we start we do exercises every morning, people are very friendly.the management is are also great. packing sometimes picking, labeling they changed you type every times. to make you can do everything in case.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
not really
productive with different experience
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONJanuary 22, 2015
Its a cool and friendly environment to work with management and coworkers, we all get along and work as a team in order to fulfilled our daily task. the most enjoyable moment is when i learn something new and put it in to action and accomplish what i was given to do in a timely manner.
Pros
sometimes
Cons
one hours
Productive and fun working place
Business Systems Analys - Manhattan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working at FGL sports. I have configured Manhattan Warehouse management system from Scratch for one of their DCs, they have recently opened in Calgary. Also configured Ecomm module in WMS and then integrated with SAP-Hybris Ecomm Engine.
A good workplace and professional co-workers
IT SERVICE ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Best place to start aт IT career in Canada. Great colleagues and very good professionals, a wonderful place to raise professional skills.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
still not find something
Great People and Clear Direction
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 5, 2014
FGL Sports, now a division of Canadian Tire, provides a clear direction and clear expectations for their staff. Although a lot of people do not agree with the direction and decisions made, communication of company ideals is not an issue. Co-workers are for the most part great people who are easy to get along with. A culture needs to be created with the goal of keeping key members of the staff around.
Avoid if you can
sales associate (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 14, 2014
Catty/negative atmosphere. Company itself is good. Too much work for minimum wage/what it's worth
Pros
new facility
Cons
minium wage, barely any breaks, management
leaving customers happy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
Being a cashier, I am the first employee the customer sees when they walk and the last one as they walk out. This position requires me to be highly motivated and have high customer service skills. I enjoy this job because I have the opportunity to interact with customers all over the world.
Pros
flexible
hard working
Acting Coach (Current Employee) –  mississauga ONFebruary 16, 2014
assign work to team members at the start of the shift.
working on product, detail count,receiving product and forwarding them to different departments for further processing
well developed job with a chance for personal and professional growth
Power Equipment Instructor-Receiving DT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2014
High paste working environment with 100% requirement for multi tasking.
Learning experience :
Leadership, non stop improving communication skills, team work etc.
Adequate management.
Training multiple staff with limited knowledge of English could be difficult as to everyone should have the same understanding of their duties/responsibility. However seeing the staff after training performing on a professional level is a rewarding part of the job.
Pros
secure employment
Cons
inconsistent work flow
A workplace to push your design your ideas to it's fullest.
Lead graphic Designer of INA Hard goods (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABNovember 6, 2013
• My role is a hybrid role where I have to juggle two roles. My first mandate is to manage 50 in house brands from a day to day basis. These duties include approving graphics and logo usuage from external contacts by following our brand guidelines. I am also involved with managing all marketing collateral that is used in our department by creating POP for trade shows. The other part of my role includes products development. I work very closely with our Product Managers to come up with design and construction concepts while keeping up with the newest trends. I am also required to provide a complete visual concept, which includes Cads, product packaging

• My diverse roles in this position have taught me to work in a calm and efficient manner under pressure. I understand the level of professionalism and communication required for a successful long-term career in this field and the importance of working with co-workers and being a team player. Time management is crucial when you are dealing with multiple projects all at once and prioritization is key.

• The hardest part of my job would be dealing with over sea vendors. I deal with them on a day to day basis when I'm developing products. Communication is sometimes a struggle but I have learned visual communication, along with clear direct messages are the best solution to this problem.

• Opening up a fresh new page of a design program; trend and market research; not knowing where my ideas will take me and seeing the final product from concept to finish. Actually walking into the stores to see my designs being sold is what motivates
  more... me to work and develop my design skills.  less
Pros
free gym, personal trainer, discounts
Cons
poor advancement