FGL Sports

FGL Sports Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
leaving customers happy
Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
Being a cashier, I am the first employee the customer sees when they walk and the last one as they walk out. This position requires me to be highly motivated and have high customer service skills. I enjoy this job because I have the opportunity to interact with customers all over the world.
hard working
Acting Coach (Current Employee), mississauga ONFebruary 16, 2014
assign work to team members at the start of the shift.
working on product, detail count,receiving product and forwarding them to different departments for further processing
well developed job with a chance for personal and professional growth
Power Equipment Instructor-Receiving DT (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: secure employment
Cons: inconsistent work flow
High paste working environment with 100% requirement for multi tasking.
Learning experience :
Leadership, non stop improving communication skills, team work etc.
Adequate management.
Training multiple staff with limited knowledge of English could be difficult as to everyone should have the same understanding of their duties/responsibility. However seeing – more... the staff after training performing on a professional level is a rewarding part of the job. – less
Great company to be employed under.
Footwear Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONSeptember 6, 2013
They give everyone a fair chance at success.
The managers are easy to communicate with.
Good place too work, with great discount but the pay isnt that great
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 14, 2013
My boss is awesome. Job security isn't good. Has a cafeteria and a gym which is awesome. Pay isn't the greatest. Co-workers are pretty good.
Learned alot , having good experience.
Packer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: long hours
I leaned working in a team, made unity with my co-workers. Havent seen any hardest part in my job, as i was having good interest in it. Enjoyable part of my job was when i work with full energy and when my co-workers praises me for my work.
you build a positive and productive workplace by fun ideas and find it useful
Team Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2012
Pros: shift availability, salary expection, distance from home, overtime
Cons: rotational shift
1. A typical day at work...

To complete shipping orders and loading of material onto truck for the day.

2- What you learnt.

I learnt to prioritize my task and meet the required deadline on time.

3- Management

Overall management was good in terms of making sure that I was eqipped to do my job on a daily basis by providing me the knowledge and guidance – more... when needed.

4- Co - Workers

My co-workers were easy to get along with and always helpful when I seek their assistance.

5. Hardest part of the day.

The hardest part of the day can sometime be the ability to reach a deadline on time.

6. The most enjoyable part of the day.

This most enjoyable part of the day was completing my task with a sense of accomplishment. – less
Great working environment.
Data-Entry/File Clerk (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 2, 2012
Pros: discount coupons
Cons: not much scope for rising.
Life fitness style workplace. Friendly and pleasant work environment. Management is approachable and understanding. Co-workers are co-operative. Hardest part of the job was managing work load. Most enjoyable part of the job is the courteous behaviour of the whole company.
Excellent culture and work environment
Store General Manager - Sport Chek (Former Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 25, 2012
The people is what I loved most about working for FGL Sports. The sense of team was really prevalent in every level of employee, from part time to the highest managers
A workplace to push your design your ideas to it's fullest.
Lead graphic Designer of INA Hard goods (Current Employee), Calgary ABNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free gym, personal trainer, discounts
Cons: poor advancement
• My role is a hybrid role where I have to juggle two roles. My first mandate is to manage 50 in house brands from a day to day basis. These duties include approving graphics and logo usuage from external contacts by following our brand guidelines. I am also involved with managing all marketing collateral that is used in our department by creating POP – more... for trade shows. The other part of my role includes products development. I work very closely with our Product Managers to come up with design and construction concepts while keeping up with the newest trends. I am also required to provide a complete visual concept, which includes Cads, product packaging

• My diverse roles in this position have taught me to work in a calm and efficient manner under pressure. I understand the level of professionalism and communication required for a successful long-term career in this field and the importance of working with co-workers and being a team player. Time management is crucial when you are dealing with multiple projects all at once and prioritization is key.

• The hardest part of my job would be dealing with over sea vendors. I deal with them on a day to day basis when I'm developing products. Communication is sometimes a struggle but I have learned visual communication, along with clear direct messages are the best solution to this problem.

• Opening up a fresh new page of a design program; trend and market research; not knowing where my ideas will take me and seeing the final product from concept to finish. Actually walking into the stores to see my designs being sold is what motivates me to work and develop my design skills. – less