MS SQL & mysql Database Administrator
We have a terrific opportunity for a MySQL/MS SQL Database Administrator. Help us design, develop, partition, replicate, optimize, and snapshot backup our databases.
· Design, build, and maintain high-throughput database systems.
· Architect systems for high-availability, scalability, reliability, and high-performance.
· Proactively conduct performance tests, identify bottlenecks
· Support 24x7x365 production and development database operations.
· Contribute to company best practices on database infrastructure, automation, configuration management, monitoring, alerting, and trending.
· Develop expert understanding of technical and business process flow for applications and provide recommendations for improvement collaboratively engaging with any / all other development/production teams to find solutions.
· Develop appropriate database documentation
· Develop and make use of automation tools to improve operational efficiency
· Participate in development efforts and take ownership of the database infrastructure
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with other internal teams
· Receive and manage after hours alerts. Respond to alerts within SLA's
· Ability to drive and lead projects to their full completion and ensure their continued success post-completion
· Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed.
· A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
· Problem resolution including root cause analysis in the case of outages
· Four years college degree on Computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years experience developing, administering and supporting agile web based, 24x7x365 internet/web, large scale, multi co-location revenue generating systems.
· 5+ years of Linux experience
· 5+ years of Windows Enterprise Server experience
· 5+ years experience with MySQL
· 5+ years experience with MS SQL
· A deep understanding of database systems and the factors that affect distributed system performance
· Strong SQL skills and experience writing stored procedures
· Experience engineering high-availability systems with 99% uptime