Fern Resort Employee Reviews in Canada

it was an okay place
Dining Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 5, 2016
This job was literally to assist the waiters. I was given the table's order, I had the chefs assemble each salad or entre, I would assemble some desserts. I carried the table's order out to the dining room and left it at the designated station and then notified the waiter their food was ready, the waiter would then deliver the dish to the table. I also had to take the dirty dishes back to the kitchen and sort them for the dishwashers. Then once all the guests had left the dining room the waiters and assistants would clean the dining room and prepare for the next meal, sometimes we wouldn't get a break between the breakfast and lunches because it took so long to clean and prepare. The hours at this job were unstable, sometimes I'd work man long shifts in a week, and other times I would go a few weeks with no work. I didn't get to work with the guests, which would have made the job much better as I love customer service.
Cons
split shiftsand not enough hours
Nightmare
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 4, 2015
This place is very sad! Every single day at work I felt unhappy. Desperately in need of renovations, some new management (some is good), better food, new staff lodging. The guests were generally in a good mood being on vacation, and they brighten your day, but that has nothing to do with the employer. It is very far from town so its hard to leave the "resort" if you don't have a car. Also, not really a town you would want to go to anyways (kind of scary) but still need something to do so it's better than nothing. Never ever ever did 80% of the management tell you when you were doing a good job, they only knew how to recognize the bad. They pay is absolute bare minimum wage. Shame!!!
Pros
Free meal if you're okay with mediocre at best food
Cons
Everything else
Fun and enjoyable
Night Clerk/Security (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Two jobs rolled into one. I would perform the Night clerk duties by preparing paperwork for the following morning. This would include which rooms are checking out as well as entering the next days activities on the information board.
Security job included walking around to make sure certain buildings were secure.
Summer Job (Not for the faint of heart)
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 10, 2015
This was a great summer job. Strong family management, exceptional working culture, and some of the best times of my life.

Opportunity to live "on-resort" and many positions available to move around to.
preparing food
Salad Prep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 19, 2014
love preparing foods for the guest, enjoyed working with the staff
Excellent place to learn and grow in a positive environment
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONOctober 29, 2013
Great place to work, the pay could be better, but the other benefits, such as use of facilities, and meals prepared by skilled chef, more than make up for any shortcomings in salary. Excellent management team, and great employees make this an ideal place to work. Very laid-back and relaxed atmosphere, and most jobs within the resort are very easy to learn and get used to. Don't expect to have any holidays to yourself, it's a resort, and that is their busiest time.
Pros
great management team, meals semi-included while working
Cons
will be working all holidays such as xmas, labour day
free lunch
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Kitchen very organized. but the front of the house was always a clutter to be apart of.
Great place to work during the summer
Sports Director (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work involved interacting with the guest every way possible
- I learned that doing a job that you love makes the job go alot faster
- Great management
-The hardest part of my job was keeping a smile when your having a bad day
- Knowing that you make somebody's day
Pros
lunch buffet

2.3