The Victoria Real Estate Board is seeking an energetic, seasoned communications specialist to lead our corporate communications. If the real estate industry has always intrigued you and working in a fast paced environment within a constantly evolving industry appeals to you, then we’d like to hear from you.
The Communications Manager is an integral member of the Victoria Real Estate Board. This position leads the production of the organization’s communications materials and consistently adapts to the marketplace to ensure the right messages are reaching the right people.
The role involves traditional and new media initiatives, strategic foresight, business analysis / data mining, project management, creative thinking, and a lot of writing.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proven track record managing communications for an organization
- Be able to develop and implement strategic communication initiatives
- Lead our media relations with our various internal and external stakeholders
- Appreciate working in a diverse and constantly evolving industry
- Have experience successfully leading projects and initiatives
- Be web and social media savvy
- Have a nerdy love of writing and editing
- Gravitate towards a fast-paced environment
- Have a diverse communications background that includes working with all traditional (and new) media sources
- Be able to balance creativity with an attention to detail
- Have superior interpersonal and communications skills
- A Degree in Communications or Public Relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5+ years of experience leading or managing corporate communications/public relations for an organization
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience working in an association or like environment with a large membership would be an asset.
To review the full job description, please visit the VREB website: www.vreb.org/careers
Please submit your résumé with a brief cover letter no later than February 2, 2014 to: Shannon Feeney - Feeney & Associates, Human Resources Management Consulting.