Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL), based in Saskatoon, is the 48th largest company Canada and the largest non-financial co-operative in Canada. FCL is a unique multi-billion-dollar wholesaling, manufacturing, marketing and administrative co-operative owned by 235 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada. Together, FCL and those local retail co-operatives form the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). The CRS serves our members and communities with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities from Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario. Our total workforce of 20,000 employees serves 1.5 million active individual members and many more non-member customers at 2,500 retail locations in more than 500 communities. Federated Co-operatives Limited invites applications for the position of Propane Service Department Supervisor in our office located in Brandon, MB with a territory of Western Manitoba.
Reporting to the Propane Area Manager-West Brandon (Carmen), responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Investigate customers propane heating needs, analyze options for the work to be preformed, finding solutions that will work safely and meet all codes and regulations within the gas industry. Once solutions are found make recommendations to customers for installation of required equipment.
2. Schedule and co-ordinate the completion of all required service work and installation of propane tanks and equipment ensuring that it is done in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner while providing a consistently high level of customer service.
3. Ensure inspections are being completed and documented on all required propane facilities and any deficiencies found are being corrected in a timely manner.
4. Ensure all service department personnel are adequately trained to perform their duties conforming to the Departments Safety Program and other safety systems or standards required.
5. If/when necessary take part in the apprenticeship program by apprenticing a gasfitter apprentice(s). Adhere to all of the requirements of this program to ensure the apprentice is mentored and trained in an acceptable manner.
6. Complete daily administrative tasks including weekly and monthly reports, and assist Area Manager with annual budget process.
7. Ensure all customer inquiries or concerns involving propane installations or service work are resolved and handled in an efficient and timely manner.
8. Ensure a cost effective preventive maintenance program is being performed on all FCL equipment and rolling stock (Crane, Service Units, Trencher) and all required inspections are completed and documented in departments filing system.
9. Consistently adhere to all standard procedures, policies, rules, regulations and guidelines, while focusing on our corporate values; Integrity, Excellence and Responsibility.
10. Supervise 4 Service Technicians.
The qualifications for the position require that all applicants have at a minimum their High School Diploma (or equivalent). Ideal candidates will have 1-3 years previous supervisory and marketing experience within the energy service industry. Candidates must also hold a valid General/Commercial Gas Fitter License (A Ticket in Manitoba) and a Class 3 Drivers License. In order to be successful in the position, candidates must be able to demonstrate they have proven interpersonal, communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462