The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 235 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. FCL invites applications for the position of Marketing Specialist for the Crop Supplies Department in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Crop Supplies Marketing Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Support the development of specific marketing materials working in conjunction with Marketing Services staff and various commodity managers within Crop Supplies and Feed. Develop materials and presentations to be utilized by the Crop Supplies and Feed marketing and management staff for communication of programs and initiatives directed to growers.
2. Conduct analysis on marketing activities to determine Department exposure and sales/margin lift and provide sales team with extensive ongoing feedback during and after the campaign to help drive awareness and uptake.
3. Administer the collection of retail sale transactional data for the purpose of analyzing retail and customer sales and product movement on marketing activities. Provide extensive ongoing feedback to the Crop Supplies and Feed Team to help generate stronger sales and margins.
4. Participate in and assist retails and Feed Sales staff in executing activities and events to gain support for Crop Supplies and Feed programs and initiatives.
5. Assist in placing content on the portal through the creation/sharing of articles, dates, and important commodity information for Crop Supplies and Feed sales staff.
6. Ensure Feed Customer Database is updated regularly and utilize this information to prepare regular targeted promotions.
Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree in Business or Agriculture with some experience in Sales and Marketing. Preference will be given to those candidates who have Co-operative Retailing System experience. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills, as well as strong Excel and Powerpoint ability.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Please submit a detailed resume by December 20th, 2013 in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462