The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 235 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. FCL invites applications for the position of Regional Human Resources Advisor in our regional office located in Regina, Saskatchewan.
1. Provide recruitment services to approximately 70 retails within the Regina Region for management vacancies.
2. In conjunction with the Regional Human Resources Manager, Region Commodity Managers and RSC’s, identify potential trainees, set up and participate in period, midterm, and final reviews for Accelerated ADVANCE, One-to-One, Student Development and Post Secondary trainees.
3. Prepare the Retail Succession Planning (RSP) materials for retail visitations, complete visitations including interviews with General Managers and management and non-management employees for career planning purposes.
4. Using RSP data, in conjunction with Regional Human Resources Manager, Region Commodity Managers and RSC’s, identify retail individuals for training and development, lateral and geographic movement within the CRS for workforce planning purposes.
5. Provide guidance on human resources issues to retails by phone or e-mail.
6. Ensure retail management appraisal information is updated on HRIS system.
7. Complete quarterly reports, collect relevant data and develop various Human Resources presentations.
8. Participate in the development and implementation of Petroleum Facilities Department’s COR program.
Candidates must hold a University degree in Commerce or Administration with a major in Human Resources. This position requires excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, an ability to build strong relationships, and a strong customer service focus. Preference will be give to candidates with related experience and retail experience is considered an asset.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462