The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 235 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services.
Messaging. Marketing. Measuring. As a communications professional, you know the significance of these words. Leverage your knowledge of communications strategies and tactics into a full time job with us. We are looking for a Communications Manager in our home office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan who is a brand champion. Your skills will help enhance awareness, attitudes and reputation of the CRS and FCL in Western Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for the following:
1. Develop, implement, and evaluate annual integrated strategic communications plans and related products that are consistent with the values and objectives of the organization, delivered in a timely manner, and are on brand.
2. Plan and coordinate day-to-day operations of department employees. Align and monitor tasks, complete staff evaluations, career development and recruitment.
3. Conceive, manage, and write content for internal portals, corporate publications, news releases and digital/online platforms.
4. Provide communications leadership and strategic counsel to organizational leaders to foster and support effective internal and external communication practices.
5. Provide leadership, planning, and responses around proactive and reactive media relations and issues management.
Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree in Communications, Business, Journalism or another related field and an affiliation with a relevant professional body such as IABC or CPRS. A graduate degree would be considered an asset. This position requires 5 to 7 years of experience as an effective strategic multi-media communications leader, manager, and advisor with exceptional communication skills, strong organization and task prioritization ability, and knowledge of media relations and publicity activities.
FCL offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Co-ordinator
Federated Co-operatives Limited
401 - 22nd Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3M9
Fax (306) 244-3462