Federated co-op Employee Reviews

Fast paced productive workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Canoe, BCFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day at work on the forklift would be driving around making sure the machines have the required wood to keep productivity going. I have learned how to drive a forklift and operate industrial productivity machinery. I've also learned how to lockout equipment before fixing plug ups/putting belts on etc. The management is fairly good to work for but very unorganized. Co-workers are mostly fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is not being able to move up by your skills, mostly based on seniority. Most enjoyable part of the job would be trying new things and learning new jobs.
difficult position
Management training (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 2, 2012
Here I trained to become a gas station manager. I have never been in a position like this in the past and was excited to progress in a good position.

It didn't take me long to realize that this was not the job for me. After 3 months managing a gas station for federated I resigned and found a positon at MCAP.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
extended hours, not near enough staff, trouble store when i moved in
Great work environment
Project Centre Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St.Paul, ABDecember 2, 2014
Between the people you work with and the type of work to help customers at the project centre made this a great place to work. Salary wasn't the highest however the environment and benefits made up for this.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
less than average pay for the amount of work expected
Working in warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2012
Basically, you would go in to work and from the minute you start, till the minute you clock out (beside breaks) you have to pick orders to the best of your abilities and have to reach the average which is a certain number of lines by the 10 week period. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the average, most people left or got terminated from the job due to not making average. I learned quite a few things, including basic forklift training, and the use of a powerjack and other useful responsibilities and traits. Now, being it my first time working, I maintained an average that was up to there standards until the last and final week where I came up short.
Pros
great work environment and people
Cons
extremely fast paced
Great place to work!!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  WinnipegJanuary 6, 2015
I was very well treated and was welcomed by the training staff. Federated Co-op is very safety focused and they really made that a priority. I was treated fairly and i would happily return to Federated co op