FedEx Employee Reviews

Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2012
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Pros
customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons
when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
enjoyable work environment
Way Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario8 March 2014
Fed Ex allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills of working in a diverse environment. I was in a fast paced position which required me to move quickly and complete tasks effectively while utilizing my problem solving skills. I did not have a lot of contact with the management as Fed Ex is such a large company but I enjoyed working with my co-workers and creating a team environment.
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 December 2013
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON28 April 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They really make the shift go by quick
Good Company To Work For
C.C.S. Import Analyst/Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 August 2013
Fed Ex is a good company to work for, overall they are still a corporation though, which means those at the bottom who keep things going, don't really matter anyone is disposable.

Immediate management was good though, easy to deal with.

Job itself can be extremely stressful depending on your level of quality expectations.

Overall was a good experience and I would go back.
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2014
My career with fedex ground has been one where I have learned leadership skills and built on a number of skills. At work I review dispatches and schedules from the previous morning across Canada. I walk through the warehouse to make a determination of what schedules will need to be put in place to move freight across the country. During my time with fedex I have learned how to communicate with other members of management and how to delegate and inspire others to take pride in their duties. The hardest part of the job is that I make myself available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This is also rewarding because my commitment has led to excellent results in terms of service measures.
Pros
Successful company and organized
Cons
Long hours affects work life balance
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 March 2013
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
Pros
really great medical plan
Cons
hours not long enough
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 November 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great place to work but always room for improvement.
Ramp Agent (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2014
Great place to work but always room for improvement. A typical day would start at 03:00a.m and that would include checking our GSE for serviceability, and prepping up for the arrival and departure of air crafts.
Great place to work at but very limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Few fulltime opportunities.
customs
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on19 October 2015
I enjoy warehouse work/ shipping /receiving. doing customs paperwork for packages going to the U.S was very good. it gives me more experience for what I enjoy most.
I never should have left there!
Assistant Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2015
Dealing with irate customers
I learned about Management Skills, Communication Skills.
Management are great !
Negotiation Skills
Co-workers were amazing, really nice people always willing to give a helping hand.
Logistics
Problem Solving
Pros
Social Events (Lunches, Bakes sales)
Cons
Irate Customers
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 June 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Playing cricket and love to swim and read
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2012
When have unexpeted calls not to show up on duty from my group.
Learned about the logistic business which I had no clue at the begining.
Management have no respect for the moral of their peoples just focus on savieng and saveing now a days.
Enjoy to work with them
When due to bad weather or having not updat einformatiuons to meet your cut off time.
Nice work enviroment, start up difficult
Sr. Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 September 2015
Nice work enviroment, and good benefits, if you start from the bottom its difficult to go up to the ladder, bring a skill in you and it would work.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2013
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Pros
the people for sure!
Cons
the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
Amazing colleagues, strong management
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2014
There was no typical day at FedEx Canada. Because I managed 5 portfolios I was always doing something new and exciting on a daily basis. Colleagues were great to work with, both the Canadian and Memphis office folks. A very supportive management team that was always looking out for our best interests.
Pros
In-house cafeteria
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2014
I had such a great time at FedEx Express. Great place to work and amazing atmosphere.
You really get a positive vibe from your fellow co-workers to the management level.
I wish I could have stayed but I had family matters to attend to.

I give them 4 out of 5 stars. Why? Because we all have room to grow.

Thanks for the memories FedEx Express.
Great for a little extra something on the side
Shunt Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 May 2012
If you are willing, physically fit, and when I say fit you really gotta be fit, would to earn a few extra dollars, than this is a good place to work. Work is part-time five days a week, average 20-25 hrs/week. Shifts starts from 4pm-8:30pm on most days and I think there is a morning shift as well but I'm not sure. Really physically demanding if you work as an unloader which is probably your best bet if your a new person there. They will show you proper techniques to life heavy boxes, sometimes these packages weighed over 100 lbs and you better have the strength to pick it up and throw it on the conveyer. Yah you should ask a buddy to help but most of us guys didn't. If you weigh 200lbs you probably weigh 100 after a year work there if you don't eat right. Very physical, very tiring, not for the faint of heart.
Pros
fits into shedule
Cons
too physically demanding
Very professional, friendly and productive environment
Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
Very professional, friendly and productive environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with sales, finance teams and working together to propose the best pricing solutions to the clients.
Good place to work and grow.
Administrative Assistant (Coop) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 April 2015
I was a good assignment, temporary in nature. My section manager was both clear and proactive, with all under her charge. The staff arround was cooperative, yet very dilligant about their work.
Pros
good envoirenment to work
Cons
non I can think of.