FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2014
I had such a great time at FedEx Express. Great place to work and amazing atmosphere.
You really get a positive vibe from your fellow co-workers to the management level.
I wish I could have stayed but I had family matters to attend to.

I give them 4 out of 5 stars. Why? Because we all have room to grow.

Thanks for the memories FedEx Express.
Great Company
Courier (Former Employee) –  BramptonFebruary 25, 2015
Everything is fantastic. Fellow drivers are helpful. Daily challenges are fun and exciting. Management is easy to chat with and attentive to drivers. Room to move around in the company and switch stations if you want to work in a different area.
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
A very busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day is non-stop. Many requests from customers which needs multi-tasking skills. One has to organize their day in order to complete daily task/requests. I enjoy working with the team and a team environment and I enjoy meeting people/customers at the front counter when accepting packages for shipping. The management team,, on the whole, are very pleasant and easy to talk to.
Pros
the people are great to work with
Cons
can be a stressful environment at times
Fast paced, and tiring.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 25, 2014
This job, as the title says, is fast paced and tiring. Its fun but very tiring. There is a lot of heavy lifting (done in teams if required). The management was fair but rarely around to help with what we needed help with. They were good when it came to training, but that was about it. The hardest part of the job was the hours of operation. The shift I worked was overnight but it was made better with the people I worked with.
Pros
good excercise
Cons
overnight hours
Very professional, friendly and productive environment
Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2015
Very professional, friendly and productive environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with sales, finance teams and working together to propose the best pricing solutions to the clients.
Customs Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 9, 2015
Every day is a challenging day.
Managements are understanding and willing to help in every possible way.
Great team players at FedEx.
Good place to work and grow.
Administrative Assistant (Coop) (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 19, 2015
I was a good assignment, temporary in nature. My section manager was both clear and proactive, with all under her charge. The staff arround was cooperative, yet very dilligant about their work.
Pros
good envoirenment to work
Cons
non I can think of.
enjoyable work environment
Way Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 8, 2014
Fed Ex allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills of working in a diverse environment. I was in a fast paced position which required me to move quickly and complete tasks effectively while utilizing my problem solving skills. I did not have a lot of contact with the management as Fed Ex is such a large company but I enjoyed working with my co-workers and creating a team environment.
Secure, well paying place to work
YIBA Dispatch On-road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2012
FedEx has great job security and pays well for the type of jobs they hire for and qualifications needed.
Pros
great wages
Cons
long, unpredictable hours, difficult to take holidays off
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2013
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They really make the shift go by quick
Good Company To Work For
C.C.S. Import Analyst/Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 5, 2013
Fed Ex is a good company to work for, overall they are still a corporation though, which means those at the bottom who keep things going, don't really matter anyone is disposable.

Immediate management was good though, easy to deal with.

Job itself can be extremely stressful depending on your level of quality expectations.

Overall was a good experience and I would go back.
hard and first but a blast after
DG Specialist (PPT) (Current Employee) –  burlingtonApril 27, 2015
great team atmosphere but exceptionally hard at first. few hours and little chance to move up quickly. If you can stick it out, its an amazing place that doesn't seem like work at all.
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Amazing colleagues, strong management
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2014
There was no typical day at FedEx Canada. Because I managed 5 portfolios I was always doing something new and exciting on a daily basis. Colleagues were great to work with, both the Canadian and Memphis office folks. A very supportive management team that was always looking out for our best interests.
Pros
in-house cafeteria
Playing cricket and love to swim and read
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2012
When have unexpeted calls not to show up on duty from my group.
Learned about the logistic business which I had no clue at the begining.
Management have no respect for the moral of their peoples just focus on savieng and saveing now a days.
Enjoy to work with them
When due to bad weather or having not updat einformatiuons to meet your cut off time.
Productive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2015
I had very good results in the billing department as a part of my 2 year tenure with the company. I had 40 hour weeks. The least enjoyable part of my job was that it was not challenging enough.
Good Perks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Good company and good people. Hardest part is during peak season in Christmas. Otherwise, pretty manageable. Quite a high turnover or employees especially CSR's and couriers.
Pros
good perks and monthly activities
Cons
wage could be better
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.