FedEx

FedEx Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Good
ADMIISNTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 15, 2014
The only reason why I left is because I relocated to NYC. This was a job I could've retired from.
productive and clean work
Sorter (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2014
Pros: free chicken biscuits from chik-fil-a
Cons: short lunch breaks
I really enjoyed working at fed ex. At first i thought i couldn't handle it because it was alot of postal bags coming down the slide. I manage to learn how to do the job and keep my percentage up.
Productive and fun place to work.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Bangor, MEApril 14, 2014
Great place to work very fast paced but great co-workers.We get to enjoy pizza party once and awhile so they treat us to good food.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Roseville, MNApril 14, 2014
Pros: weekends off, good working environment.
Cons: only part time
A typical day at work was punching in and get your first trailor assignment . Once you received your first door you starting moving freight and wouldn't stop till your 4 hour shift was over.

The management was very well organized,and they were passionate.
FedEx
Service Desk Senior Team Lead (Current Employee), Coraopolis, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers, management
Cons: transition
I've learned a lot during my time here. I've learned how to effectively manage a group of 30+ Service Desk associates. I've learned about communication between various groups.

For the most part, management is great. There is a lot of change going on at FedEx, and most of the management team tries to make things fun. As you go up the chain, there is – more... a little less caring.

The most difficult part of my job has been trying to keep the together when all of them knew they were losing their job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the group that we have. Quite a few of us have worked together for 4+ years. We are like a group of brothers. – less
Control Room Analyst, Inbound and Outbound trainer
Permanent, Part time (Former Employee), Groveport, OHApril 14, 2014
 Responsible for RF Scanners ensuring all equipment is properly working and all new assets are collected accurately throughout FEDEX
 Train employees on using RFID devices correctly and troubleshooting issues employees could complete on their own
 Train employees on loading and unloading parcels to and from trucks safely and accurately
Fast paced action packed workplace, with a lot of problem solving.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Union, NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: pros were getting to do what i love; helping people, working with a great team and the shipping discount.
Cons: managment change and became less customer first and more numbers first.
A typical day at FedEx would involve changing unsatisfied customers into satisfied customer. This would be done by employing my excellent problem solving skills, using my great people person attitude. Thus creating a favorable total customer experience. I also enjoyed keeping up my co-works moral by always staying positive and encouraging. I was affectionately – more... known as the buffer, I would be called in to calm irate customers and defuse hostile situations.
The hardest part of my job, would be not being able to help a customer, for example if the solution was out of my hands, such as a lost package or a damaged package. This situations were difficult because we are only as good as our last experience with a customer. – less
Simple job, but not always an easy one.
Package Handler Trainer (Current Employee), Cudahy, WIApril 14, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: high stress work place
This can be a very stressful place to work, but weekly pay and great benefits can make it very rewarding. There is constant room for advancement within the company if you seek it out. College students are also able to claim reimbursement through Fed Ex Ground.
Odd work hours and stressful enviroment.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: great pay. easy to understand job.
Cons: short breaks, odd hours, stressfull enviroment.
I clock in at 2am, as soon as I punch the clock I am handed paperwork to begin unloading a trailer(s). I hop on my forklift and go to work. I've learned the in's and out's of the shipping industry. Management at this particular place seems a bit unfair and uncaring at times. My co-workers are a very diverse group. I get along with most everyone quite – more... well, but there are a few that are always in a bad mood, or looking to get anyone in trouble for any reason. The hardest part of the job are the hours. Working nights adds stress to your body, not only physically, but mentally as well. It is hard to maintain a normal lifestyle working at night. (especially if you are also a full time student like me). The most enjoyable part about my job is that its easy to do. Yes hard physical labor is involved, but there are no overly complicated steps to do. It is a pretty easy to understand, straight forward job. – less
fedex
lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: easy going management
Cons: part time
loading and unloading trucks lots of walking fun environment didn't really like the amount of temps working there just because you build a good system then the next day the guys not there.
a great part time job
Driver/Dock Worker (Current Employee), Roseville, MNApril 14, 2014
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: fluctuating hours
It's a great place to work part time with a good life balance. Many of the part time employees are college students or people with full time day jobs looking to make extra money.
The full time aspect is much different. The hours for full time employees can fluctuate greatly day to day depending on time of year and amount of work. It's likely a new full – more... time driver will be required to be on call and work days and nights repeatedly in the same week. – less
Package Handler (Former Employee), LaVale, MDApril 13, 2014
Responsible for loading and unloading all freight. Responsible for the completion of all Drivers’ Logs, which were then reported directly to the Motor Vehicle Association. Responsible for contacting customers on a daily basis via telephone. Maintained bank key and money bag. Secured all money received. Solely handled all bank deposits. Data Entry
Active workplace
Parcel Assistant/Scanner (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Fed Ex is a very busy place to work, I've learned to work with others and to work fast paste! Managers were understanding and they pushed you to do better. Co workers are work together. The hard part was working in the heat! The fun Part getting our work done!
load/ unload trunks
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Pros: pay/career
Cons: hours
First thing, sign in then get assigned to a truck or trucks. Good training program, not great as a career. Managers are understanding and treat you well.
good working place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 13, 2014
provide efficient pick up and delivery service. support to the customers. cover any issues.
Great part time job for college students or part time workers
Hand Packager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 13, 2014
Pros: 25 hours max per week good pay and benefits flexible for school hours as well.
Cons: no breaks less there's no boxes coming down, part time only
Load back of delivery trucks and semi's by hand which is the hardest part physically and the weather as well otherwise its good pay and a excellent part time job with benefits etc.
Package getting delvered on Valentine Day.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rockville, MDApril 12, 2014
Pros: leave @ the door
Its Feb 14 and the weekend. Leave the package @ the door. Have to delivered the package again, Want be no good over the weekend.
Lots of freedom. Worked for Home Delivery
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 12, 2014
Pros: able to bring truck home at the end of the shift
Cons: no healthcare or benifits
The contractor I worked for was a hard person to get along with so my experience wasn't the best that it could be
High Pace work environment
Operations Planner (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 12, 2014
I enjoy working with FedEx Ground and have learned a lot of new skills to improve my knowledge.
Productive and fun work environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 12, 2014
My typical day at work would be, me arriving at work thirty minutes early spending time socializing with my co-workers before it's time to clock-in. I've learned how to work extremely close as a team with my peers. My managers are fun and great to work for.The hardest part of my job would be throwing heavy boxes constantly, and the most enjoyable part – more... of my job would be my supervisor, team leader,and peers. – less

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more