FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Playing cricket and love to swim and read
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2012
When have unexpeted calls not to show up on duty from my group.
Learned about the logistic business which I had no clue at the begining.
Management have no respect for the moral of their peoples just focus on savieng and saveing now a days.
Enjoy to work with them
When due to bad weather or having not updat einformatiuons to meet your cut off time.
Amazing colleagues, strong management
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2014
There was no typical day at FedEx Canada. Because I managed 5 portfolios I was always doing something new and exciting on a daily basis. Colleagues were great to work with, both the Canadian and Memphis office folks. A very supportive management team that was always looking out for our best interests.
Pros
in-house cafeteria
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Pros
the people for sure!
Cons
the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
Good Perks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Good company and good people. Hardest part is during peak season in Christmas. Otherwise, pretty manageable. Quite a high turnover or employees especially CSR's and couriers.
Pros
good perks and monthly activities
Cons
wage could be better
Great for a little extra something on the side
Shunt Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 11, 2012
If you are willing, physically fit, and when I say fit you really gotta be fit, would to earn a few extra dollars, than this is a good place to work. Work is part-time five days a week, average 20-25 hrs/week. Shifts starts from 4pm-8:30pm on most days and I think there is a morning shift as well but I'm not sure. Really physically demanding if you work as an unloader which is probably your best bet if your a new person there. They will show you proper techniques to life heavy boxes, sometimes these packages weighed over 100 lbs and you better have the strength to pick it up and throw it on the conveyer. Yah you should ask a buddy to help but most of us guys didn't. If you weigh 200lbs you probably weigh 100 after a year work there if you don't eat right. Very physical, very tiring, not for the faint of heart.
Pros
fits into shedule
Cons
too physically demanding
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
they provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons
not enough hours
Great place
Contractor Settlement Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 13, 2012
FedEx Freight: Two Service Choices, One Simple Experience

At FedEx Freight, we think simple is better. That's why we offer two reliable service options: FedEx Freight® Priority, when speed is critical to meet your supply chain needs, and FedEx Freight® Economy, when you can trade time for savings.
LOve it
Operations Administrator I (Former Employee) –  BCJune 17, 2014
I have learned all aspects of shipping and receiving, dispatching, use of scanners, My manager is super, my co-workers are fantastic, There I nothing hard about my job that I find, there is always someone to help if there is something needed. I love all aspects of my job.
Pros
my shift
Cons
part time
Team Oriented
Ramp Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
I've been with FedEx for a short while now, but I can say this is probably one of the few companies that actually cares for you as an individual. Regardless of it 100,000+ employees, at my location, you aren't just a number, we're a family !

The Purple Promise!
Pros
flexibility with scheduling, and available ot
Cons
weather
Customs Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 9, 2015
Every day is a challenging day.
Managements are understanding and willing to help in every possible way.
Great team players at FedEx.
fedex
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Malton,ONApril 14, 2015
Awsome enviornement to work in, great people around me at all times, workload is okay , and i enjoy the benifits that are offered
Was an amazing place to work here in Windsor
Courier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 23, 2012
Management change has ruined the Windsor Station.
I worked there 21 years I bled purple loved it.
Totally different place now.
Guys that transferred here are transferring back and it's now a fear based management style
Pros
interaction on road with customers
Cons
everything else
Fast pace environment to work in.
Shunter Driver, Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 28, 2013
I have learned a lot about team work and accountability. A very enjoyable job with a flexible work schedule. Most of the co-workers are a pleasure to work with and there is a decent chance of in house job opportunities.
Pros
social gatherings
Cons
lack of hours
Fun and fast work enviroment
Cargo handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Cargo handling is a responsibility to meet customers demands my co-workers are friendly so is the management but as well serious its a team work effort there might be some heavy loads but after the hard work we enjoy a nice home cooked meal provided from our boss
good place to work
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2013
My current responsibilities including team lead are loading and offloading trucks, load cans to go into aircraft, packaging, -T- stacking, shunting, taking shuttles to The Hub, sorting documents, follow up with the policies of the company and management...
Pros
bbq, rewards
Cons
part time job
Great job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
Start at 5am finish around 8:30 am
Sort packages in truck depending on location.
Pros
great envirorment, great people, easy going job.
Cons
only part time hours, start time very early
A great learning experience
Data Entry Clerk - Customs Department (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 12, 2013
Working with FedEx Express has been a great learning experience. FedEx has great corporate culture and a very motivating work environment. I wish my contract was longer.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
it was just a temporary contract
Very good company, benifits were great, we had pizza every month, semi annual BBQ`s, job recognition.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Come into work, get briefed on how we performed the day before and who was the load champ. I was load champ three times. Then work started. Very fun and friendly environemt to work in.