FedEx Employee Reviews

customs
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on19 October 2015
I enjoy warehouse work/ shipping /receiving. doing customs paperwork for packages going to the U.S was very good. it gives me more experience for what I enjoy most.
great
Driver (Former Employee) –  london12 October 2015
it was a broker he was good to work for
i wanted something new so i left to train people
biggest mistake of my life
the pay was great
Pros
pay was great
Cons
night shift
As per our moto, to deliver on time it's trully a fast pace business and I am proud to be a successful part of their operation.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
FedEx is best place to have a part time job, as per their operational requirements. Mostly their employees have full time jobs and they come over here for the part time, except the couriers they have mostly full time jobs.

I am with FedEx from last 16 years as a part time employee because I had my own Consultancy Business so it really suits me. Since I had winded up my business, I am looking a full time job.

I have 14 years perfect attendance certificates, never been late and have never sick call. It's a proof being reliable, roll model and be honest with my position.
Pros
Best place to have a part time job.
Cons
Have no extra time to work.
Great job, good hard-working people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2015
Its great for students, and there are plenty of people who have other jobs. One of the hardest things regarding my job is waiting for trailors to arrive. The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
get free dinner often
Cons
not enough hours
A great place for career growth
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga29 September 2015
Multiple demanding priorities goes with the territory in this ever-changing and competitive industry. At every level from executive to clerical, you will be expected to embrace the culture and learn the "language" of the freight forwarding world.

Without an aptitude for the industry, you will be lost in a world of acronyms at first so you need to evaluate whether or not you are ready or willing to learn more about their world and whether or not this fits into your long-term goals.

If you want growth and development in this industry then this is the place for you. Management will make an effort to continually temperature-check their employees for their readiness for advancement. Training and development will be offered and you can grow fast if you have the desire, motivation and interest in the industry.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your work load due to the amount of meetings they require everyone to attend. There are many meetings, some necessary and some not-so-much. It seems to be part of the culture.
Pros
Continual opportunity for advancement
Cons
Too many unecessary meetings
Nice work enviroment, start up difficult
Sr. Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 September 2015
Nice work enviroment, and good benefits, if you start from the bottom its difficult to go up to the ladder, bring a skill in you and it would work.
Strained work place
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 September 2015
I was constantly asked to do more, while I was being as efficient as possible on the road without breaking any laws. Great coworkers though.
Very challenging, good co-workers and managers, open to new idea
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 August 2015
the day start with a meeting for the day.
unload and load trailers and bring the merchandise to the right trailer and minimize the mistake.
Managers very cooperatives and open to new idea, co-workers very team minded.
Challenging to load the trailer with many different boxes and shapes, fast and well done without damaging the boxes.
Pros
salary, team
Cons
part time
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
Fun work place with great co-workers. Lots of politics but that's to be expected to any workplace. Learned to perform many task and solve complex issues in a timely manner, no thanks to management. All about the numbers but that's to be expected from such a big company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement, pay does not reflect the work you do
they where well organized and has a fairly easy program
General Labour/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2015
they give you not hard work but not easy too the boxes and conditons are still good compared to other companies with bad air flow you don't have as much machines running, also they were good employees when i was there
Pros
breaks
Cons
not much to expand in
Productive and fun workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 July 2015
Handling the Daily Inbound and Shipping Reports
Placing Orders for Canada Post (Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon)
Preparing a Daily BOL for Dangerous goods shipments as well as verifying documents that are required.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Simple minded management and administration
Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Don't ask your manager or corporate to do anything out of their ordinary because they can't handle anything. Thankless place to work with quite a few bad apples. Glad to be gone.
Pros
Autonomy once on the road
Cons
Management is dumb, long time couriers are a little messed up in the head
Productive workplace
Customer Service/ Waybill Agent - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2015
Good place to work at. Awesome co-workers. I enjoyed working with clients and worked to process 300 invoices per day. Provided exceptional support to manager and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 20%. Interacted well with multiple vendors, suppliers, transportation companies, clients and internal staff.
Extremely FUN work environment GREAT people, Family culture
CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 May 2015
The people are FedEx are amazing, always a fun loving environment, the co workers are all welcoming and treat employees like family, the culture is great, management will be there to help you
Pros
Great office environment, people are put first, employees taken care of, great benefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities to new positions can be slow
Excellent Company to work for. a little tough to catch up if you are new but well worth it
Senior Marketing Specialist ME & Africa (Former Employee) –  UAE7 May 2015
FedEx was one of the best companies I worked for. They invest in you loads to make you best suited for the job. They have an excellent program for grooming employees. it is a very fast paced work environment and it a bit complicated industry as it is a mixture of transportation, aviation, logistics and courier services. overall, t is a great place to work for.
Pros
good employee benefits
Cons
very fast paced, high tech, work life balance is a challenge due to the reporting to different time zones
Hardworkers
Image Input Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2015
Good experience, good coworkers, people are kind and helpful. company offers amazing benefits but fails to add a strategic connection to company goals. Employees seem overworked at times.
Very professional, friendly and productive environment
Senior Strategic Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2015
Very professional, friendly and productive environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with sales, finance teams and working together to propose the best pricing solutions to the clients.
hard and first but a blast after
DG Specialist (PPT) (Current Employee) –  burlington27 April 2015
great team atmosphere but exceptionally hard at first. few hours and little chance to move up quickly. If you can stick it out, its an amazing place that doesn't seem like work at all.
Good place to work and grow.
Administrative Assistant (Coop) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 April 2015
I was a good assignment, temporary in nature. My section manager was both clear and proactive, with all under her charge. The staff arround was cooperative, yet very dilligant about their work.
Pros
good envoirenment to work
Cons
non I can think of.
fedex
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Malton,ON14 April 2015
Awsome enviornement to work in, great people around me at all times, workload is okay , and i enjoy the benifits that are offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.