FedEx

FedEx Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best to work for
Cargo Handler/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2013
FedEx is top 50 companies in Canada and they do live up to that for their workers and
Team Oriented
Ramp Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, and available ot
Cons: weather
I've been with FedEx for a short while now, but I can say this is probably one of the few companies that actually cares for you as an individual. Regardless of it 100,000+ employees, at my location, you aren't just a number, we're a family !

The Purple Promise!
processessing deliveries of parcels and packages
Package Handler/Customer Service/Administration (Former Employee), Nanaimo, bcMarch 12, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
develops the knowledge and experience of logistics, warehousing / shipping & receiving, transportation of freight and goods
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: really great medical plan
Cons: hours not long enough
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
It was unforgettable work experience for me
Assistant -Surface Transportation Department (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONFebruary 25, 2013
I had a great work experience among professionals and good people.
It was unforgettable work experience for me
I had a great work experience among professionals and good people.
Excellent company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2013
Learned how to pace myself in a busy environment. Quickly and efficiently learned other aspects of the company and developed new skills that help me become more confident in my abilities.
Worst company--better to be on welfare
it's every position (Former Employee), Easy to the westJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything.
Worst company to work for. Firstly you are paid under Kelly services which leaves you with no rights and no benefits. Secondly the will give you and contract and no hours and lead you on everyday that there is work meanwhile there is nothing. The supervisors are useless supervisors who only look out for their own. They need training. Worst company. Beware. You think your working for a great company but your working for monkeys.
good pay
AZ Driver (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: lots of hometime
i did like working here but my driving partner was the talking person,but overall it was good
Very good company, benifits were great, we had pizza every month, semi annual BBQ`s, job recognition.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Come into work, get briefed on how we performed the day before and who was the load champ. I was load champ three times. Then work started. Very fun and friendly environemt to work in.
A very busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: the people are great to work with
Cons: can be a stressful environment at times
A typical day is non-stop. Many requests from customers which needs multi-tasking skills. One has to organize their day in order to complete daily task/requests. I enjoy working with the team and a team environment and I enjoy meeting people/customers at the front counter when accepting packages for shipping. The management team,, on the whole, are very pleasant and easy to talk to.
terrible shift hours
Pre-loader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: hours too short
associates and managers are very friendly and helpful, no room to move up in company.
Great relationship with management, with new experiences each day.
Quality Assurance clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: challenges and customer satisfaction
Cons: could be in a better work environment setting
Start in the early morning hours to capture and correct any addresses, that customers have requested via customer service mail. Examples may include a re-route, hold for customer pickup, or a future delivery request, etc.

After all necessary mail has been opened and responded to, its time to get ready for the present days issues that the drivers may have with their packages before dispatch.

Onces dispatch leaves, I now have to investigate as to why certain packages were left behind, examples are: insufficient delivery info, such as no suite/unit number, no customer name or contact number, or name of business.

I've learnt how to use variables to find and correct a package when the FedEx Ground tracking ID is missing. A good example is when we know what the shipper number is, and the destination zip code I can then find out the complete tracking ID.

My relationship with management is very good, I am challenged to be the best I can be at my position and I am able to provide daily feedback.

Co-workers are very helpful, and friendly and are always willing to listen to new ieas.

The hardest part of the job, is fixing as many packages as you can before dispatch. Sometime there may be issues with many different packages, drivers are not willing to wait for you to fix them all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction from the customers when they truely believe that I have done everything possible to get their package to them in a timely manner.
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
A challenging place with a wide range of knowledge.
Waybill Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnNovember 19, 2012
My last responsabilities at Fedex were dealing with all the kickback shipments. I had to find out the right brokers for each and every shipement refused by other brokers, and that required some phone calls and emails to consignee sometimes, shipper or broker. I used to work in a team very cooperative one.The hardest part was to work quickly and provide effective solutions but at the same time it was the most enjoyable part too.
Productive Work Place
Senior Data Systems Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours could be brutal
My day was extremely busy working with couriers also on the phones with customers. I learned a great deal about dealing with customers how to calm them by doing everything I could do to solve their problem. I was very blessed to have very good managers and co-workers, We were a team, The hardest part of my job was keeping the equipment maintained and in good operation for the couriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my contact with our customers,
Was an amazing place to work here in Windsor
Courier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: interaction on road with customers
Cons: everything else
Management change has ruined the Windsor Station.
I worked there 21 years I bled purple loved it.
Totally different place now.
Guys that transferred here are transferring back and it's now a fear based management style
Very productive company.
Treasury Department/Data Entry (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2012
Great company to work for. If you have the drive to succeed the sky is the limit.
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons: when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Federal Express is a good work place for someone with my skills and personality.
Data System Agent (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 21, 2012
I like working at Federal Express because I like the people I work with and the duties I have to do. Everyday at work I do learn new thing that help me understand more about my job.

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more