FedEx Employee Reviews

An enjoyable workplace.
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2012
A good place to develop your skills and talents with beautiful people. A stressful job but very rewarding with the good pay and benefits. Polished my customer service skills and teamwork.
Pros
perfect benefits
Cons
far from my house
Great Company
Customer Service Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2013
Excellent company to work for, great management team and benefits. Work was fast paced but interesting.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 March 2013
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
Pros
really great medical plan
Cons
hours not long enough
great place to work
PM package handler (Current Employee) –  YULA5 February 2014
great company
Good co-workers
very good benefits
I can move up fast in the company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Production place to work with good benefits.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 September 2013
Part time early morning job good hours good benefits quick paced work.
Pros
Part Time Early Mornings
Cons
Not Enough Hours
fun easy
Courier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2015
one of the best company to work for, pays well, good benefits and amazing co workers
Data Entry
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-hubert, QC23 January 2016
- Data Entry for letters and parcels between Canada and USA
- Additional Organisational Skills acquired
- Great co-workers, good dynamic and good work environment
if i didnt relocate i would still be working there
Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2015
great place to work- room for advancement - open door policy
enjoyed going to work every day. always something new to learn- always busy - you are never bored.
Pros
environment
Great!
CTV (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2014
Awesome!!!!!
Great Co-workers and Benefits,
Enjoying....
Loved the package handling
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON12 November 2015
I loved working here. The bus didn't go here so it was hard to getting to work. The job is very physical I was working through the Christmas rush. the days flew by!
Pros
Great company
Cons
no busses
Productive and fun workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 July 2015
Handling the Daily Inbound and Shipping Reports
Placing Orders for Canada Post (Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon)
Preparing a Daily BOL for Dangerous goods shipments as well as verifying documents that are required.
Pros
Free snacks
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
They provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2012
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Pros
customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons
when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
early morning fog,wearing shorts driving an ice box
Driver (Former Employee) –  bell ca7 August 2013
try to arrive before 6;30 am to park inside the warehouse, clock in and check my route for the day
talk to management about two boxes and i still had to go back and pick up two more, i was going to get stuck in traffic not again. well me running in and out the truck and dealing with people all day the hardest part of my job would have to be to try to deliver in a apartment complex and run all the way to the back of the building and to find out no one is home and you cant leave the package. o and your truck is parked in the middle of the lanes because there was no parking.overall i liked my job alot and wish i would be able to do it again
Pros
free lunches meet new people
Cons
running up and down staires, heavy carrying
great discount
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2015
this job was all over the place basically working in the warehouse to being at the store level and working with different types of personalities
Fun depending on your manager
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Missisauga Ontario10 May 2012
Being a package handler is an ok task depending on your manager and which trailer they decide to put you in. Since I'm an experienced package handler I was in the trailer sending packages to Toronto and GTA area 4/5 times a week. A very poor manager will assign the wrong people to the wrong trailers which takes a toll on the more experienced package handlers. We voice our opinion but they refuse to listen and believe that they are right. Even though all our service managers have almost no experience as a package handler than us.
Pros
co- workers are really friendly, they gave us cupcakes on certain days.
Cons
hard labour for a very short shift, bad management and support to employes
Simple minded management and administration
Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Don't ask your manager or corporate to do anything out of their ordinary because they can't handle anything. Thankless place to work with quite a few bad apples. Glad to be gone.
Pros
Autonomy once on the road
Cons
Management is dumb, long time couriers are a little messed up in the head
Busy, constant changes and growth
Ops office Admin (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 October 2014
There was no typical day
I ran the office from inventory, files, banking, vendors, dales, anything and everything that needed doing
ran office lunches, rewards
part of the socail committee
Learned alot about little things and a little about alot of things
Management, dealt with i supervisor and 5 managers
co-workers where great,
Hardest part was juggleing all my responsibilities at the same time
The most enjoyable part of my job was the drivers early in the morning when I had to hand out their equipment
Pros
Organizing all the rewards and parties
Cons
Too much stress with all the responsibilities
productive work place and fun p;ace
Doc Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 February 2015
fedex is a great career and i enjoyed working thier. i loved my shift which is 4am to 1230pm i would be off early and i get to enjoy the rest of my day. management was great and it was a fun work environment.