FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: really great medical plan
Cons: hours not long enough
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the people for sure!
Cons: the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: they provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Great for a little extra something on the side
Shunt Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 11, 2012
Pros: fits into shedule
Cons: too physically demanding
If you are willing, physically fit, and when I say fit you really gotta be fit, would to earn a few extra dollars, than this is a good place to work. Work is part-time five days a week, average 20-25 hrs/week. Shifts starts from 4pm-8:30pm on most days and I think there is a morning shift as well but I'm not sure. Really physically demanding if you work as an unloader which is probably your best bet if your a new person there. They will show you proper techniques to life heavy boxes, sometimes these packages weighed over 100 lbs and you better have the strength to pick it up and throw it on the conveyer. Yah you should ask a buddy to help but most of us guys didn't. If you weigh 200lbs you probably weigh 100 after a year work there if you don't eat right. Very physical, very tiring, not for the faint of heart.
LOve it
Operations Administrator I (Former Employee), BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: my shift
Cons: part time
I have learned all aspects of shipping and receiving, dispatching, use of scanners, My manager is super, my co-workers are fantastic, There I nothing hard about my job that I find, there is always someone to help if there is something needed. I love all aspects of my job.
Great place
Contractor Settlement Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 13, 2012
FedEx Freight: Two Service Choices, One Simple Experience

At FedEx Freight, we think simple is better. That's why we offer two reliable service options: FedEx Freight® Priority, when speed is critical to meet your supply chain needs, and FedEx Freight® Economy, when you can trade time for savings.
Team Oriented
Ramp Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, and available ot
Cons: weather
I've been with FedEx for a short while now, but I can say this is probably one of the few companies that actually cares for you as an individual. Regardless of it 100,000+ employees, at my location, you aren't just a number, we're a family !

The Purple Promise!
Was an amazing place to work here in Windsor
Courier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: interaction on road with customers
Cons: everything else
Management change has ruined the Windsor Station.
I worked there 21 years I bled purple loved it.
Totally different place now.
Guys that transferred here are transferring back and it's now a fear based management style
Fast pace environment to work in.
Shunter Driver, Cargo Handler (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: social gatherings
Cons: lack of hours
I have learned a lot about team work and accountability. A very enjoyable job with a flexible work schedule. Most of the co-workers are a pleasure to work with and there is a decent chance of in house job opportunities.
Fun and fast work enviroment
Cargo handler (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2012
Cargo handling is a responsibility to meet customers demands my co-workers are friendly so is the management but as well serious its a team work effort there might be some heavy loads but after the hard work we enjoy a nice home cooked meal provided from our boss
A great learning experience
Data Entry Clerk - Customs Department (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: it was just a temporary contract
Working with FedEx Express has been a great learning experience. FedEx has great corporate culture and a very motivating work environment. I wish my contract was longer.
Very good company, benifits were great, we had pizza every month, semi annual BBQ`s, job recognition.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Come into work, get briefed on how we performed the day before and who was the load champ. I was load champ three times. Then work started. Very fun and friendly environemt to work in.
Very fun place to work
Data Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great team of people to work with.
Cons: had to drive a fair distance to get there.
I would get up every day and look forward to going to my job and really enjoyed working with the people I worked with. I had a set routine I did every day and loved that.
Fun Workplace
Cargo Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: early hours
- unloaded containers with freight from all over the world.
- always be on time
- manegement was absolutely amazing due to the fact that they cared about their workers
- co-workers were friendly, and all willing to work and help eachother
great place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2014
.schedule and oversee the daily operations, supervise 26 employees and ensure there is no compromise to safety and efficiency.
People Service People
Customer Service Rep/ Organizer in Operations (Current Employee), TorontoMay 29, 2014
Pros: we do get free lunches
Cons: sometimes the
FedEx works very hard to please their employees and in return the employees are happy to go out and service the customers on a daily basis.
Federal Express is a good work place for someone with my skills and personality.
Data System Agent (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 21, 2012
I like working at Federal Express because I like the people I work with and the duties I have to do. Everyday at work I do learn new thing that help me understand more about my job.
An enjoyable workplace.
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 19, 2012
Pros: perfect benefits
Cons: far from my house
A good place to develop your skills and talents with beautiful people. A stressful job but very rewarding with the good pay and benefits. Polished my customer service skills and teamwork.
Headquarters