FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

enjoyable work environment
Way Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 8, 2014
Fed Ex allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills of working in a diverse environment. I was in a fast paced position which required me to move quickly and complete tasks effectively while utilizing my problem solving skills. I did not have a lot of contact with the management as Fed Ex is such a large company but I enjoyed working with my co-workers and creating a team environment.
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Pros
good pay, benefits
early morning fog,wearing shorts driving an ice box
Driver (Former Employee) –  bell caAugust 7, 2013
try to arrive before 6;30 am to park inside the warehouse, clock in and check my route for the day
talk to management about two boxes and i still had to go back and pick up two more, i was going to get stuck in traffic not again. well me running in and out the truck and dealing with people all day the hardest part of my job would have to be to try to deliver in a apartment complex and run all the way to the back of the building and to find out no one is home and you cant leave the package. o and your truck is parked in the middle of the lanes because there was no parking.overall i liked my job alot and wish i would be able to do it again
Pros
free lunches meet new people
Cons
running up and down staires, heavy carrying
One of the best companies I've worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 25, 2012
Unbelievable to the point you think you're dreaming. This company actually cares for their employees daily. 2 x 50 cent raises within one year, benefits are great, employees are always happy and stress free when they don't need to be. Lots of different types of jobs from csr to pilot. Management helps you succeed always. Love it. Only problem is that everyone loves their job so much nobody quits! Reduces your chance of being promoted, especially when everything is based off seniority. Almost like a unionized company that isn't unionized.
Pros
comfortable, exciting, happy environment
Cons
job positions limited
Fun depending on your manager
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Missisauga OntarioMay 10, 2012
Being a package handler is an ok task depending on your manager and which trailer they decide to put you in. Since I'm an experienced package handler I was in the trailer sending packages to Toronto and GTA area 4/5 times a week. A very poor manager will assign the wrong people to the wrong trailers which takes a toll on the more experienced package handlers. We voice our opinion but they refuse to listen and believe that they are right. Even though all our service managers have almost no experience as a package handler than us.
Pros
co- workers are really friendly, they gave us cupcakes on certain days.
Cons
hard labour for a very short shift, bad management and support to employes

Comment – May 20, 2012

Are you still currently working there?

Productive Work Place
Senior Data Systems Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2012
My day was extremely busy working with couriers also on the phones with customers. I learned a great deal about dealing with customers how to calm them by doing everything I could do to solve their problem. I was very blessed to have very good managers and co-workers, We were a team, The hardest part of my job was keeping the equipment maintained and in good operation for the couriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my contact with our customers,
benefits
Cons
hours could be brutal
A challenging place with a wide range of knowledge.
Waybill Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnNovember 19, 2012
My last responsabilities at Fedex were dealing with all the kickback shipments. I had to find out the right brokers for each and every shipement refused by other brokers, and that required some phone calls and emails to consignee sometimes, shipper or broker. I used to work in a team very cooperative one.The hardest part was to work quickly and provide effective solutions but at the same time it was the most enjoyable part too.
A very busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, OntarioJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day is non-stop. Many requests from customers which needs multi-tasking skills. One has to organize their day in order to complete daily task/requests. I enjoy working with the team and a team environment and I enjoy meeting people/customers at the front counter when accepting packages for shipping. The management team,, on the whole, are very pleasant and easy to talk to.
Pros
the people are great to work with
Cons
can be a stressful environment at times
Worst company--better to be on welfare
it's every position (Former Employee) –  Easy to the westJanuary 24, 2013
Worst company to work for. Firstly you are paid under Kelly services which leaves you with no rights and no benefits. Secondly the will give you and contract and no hours and lead you on everyday that there is work meanwhile there is nothing. The supervisors are useless supervisors who only look out for their own. They need training. Worst company. Beware. You think your working for a great company but your working for monkeys.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.
Very productive but very little curricular activities
Parcel Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Fedex is a wonderful place to work as a part time employee.
At Fedex the workload is overwhelming.
This is not a complaint, It seem this way because the shipments has to be at their final destination at a certain time. Concidering the circumstances all the workers get along with each others and work well with each other to fulfil the outcome.
Pros
top up of weekly hours to 17.5 hrs/ week permanent part time
Cons
delays, no breaks after 2 hours
Good Perks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Good company and good people. Hardest part is during peak season in Christmas. Otherwise, pretty manageable. Quite a high turnover or employees especially CSR's and couriers.
Pros
good perks and monthly activities
Cons
wage could be better
Life at office work at FedEx
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2012
- Loads of work
- Management are nice to their associates
- Very diverse co-workers
- Hardest part of the work is dealing with clients especially in the US.
- Most Enjoyable part of the job is having a department lunch every month so the associates in the department get to bond.
Pros
company is expanding meaning more job openings to apply to, good work and life baland
Cons
low entry level salary, minimal annual salary increase
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Pros
customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons
when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2013
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They really make the shift go by quick
Good Company To Work For
C.C.S. Import Analyst/Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 5, 2013
Fed Ex is a good company to work for, overall they are still a corporation though, which means those at the bottom who keep things going, don't really matter anyone is disposable.

Immediate management was good though, easy to deal with.

Job itself can be extremely stressful depending on your level of quality expectations.

Overall was a good experience and I would go back.
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 5, 2013
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
Pros
really great medical plan
Cons
hours not long enough
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours