FedEx Employee Reviews

I love this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 May 2016
in this job I will more enjoyable,to deal with public people,and run around to know more about city.
I wish to have the part time job in Mississauga
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
They provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons
Not enough hours
productive work place and fun p;ace
Doc Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 February 2015
fedex is a great career and i enjoyed working thier. i loved my shift which is 4am to 1230pm i would be off early and i get to enjoy the rest of my day. management was great and it was a fun work environment.
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
Feels your part of the team. Urgent daily schedule keeps you sharp.
Driver Courier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2015
Meeting a lot of people everyday and visiting various places. One gets positive energy from this type of work as most people in the workplace try to make their day more interesting and gets into you.
Benefits
Cons
Not much hours
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 November 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2012
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Pros
customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons
when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
early morning fog,wearing shorts driving an ice box
Driver (Former Employee) –  bell ca7 August 2013
try to arrive before 6;30 am to park inside the warehouse, clock in and check my route for the day
talk to management about two boxes and i still had to go back and pick up two more, i was going to get stuck in traffic not again. well me running in and out the truck and dealing with people all day the hardest part of my job would have to be to try to deliver in a apartment complex and run all the way to the back of the building and to find out no one is home and you cant leave the package. o and your truck is parked in the middle of the lanes because there was no parking.overall i liked my job alot and wish i would be able to do it again
Pros
free lunches meet new people
Cons
running up and down staires, heavy carrying
Fun depending on your manager
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Missisauga Ontario10 May 2012
Being a package handler is an ok task depending on your manager and which trailer they decide to put you in. Since I'm an experienced package handler I was in the trailer sending packages to Toronto and GTA area 4/5 times a week. A very poor manager will assign the wrong people to the wrong trailers which takes a toll on the more experienced package handlers. We voice our opinion but they refuse to listen and believe that they are right. Even though all our service managers have almost no experience as a package handler than us.
Pros
co- workers are really friendly, they gave us cupcakes on certain days.
Cons
hard labour for a very short shift, bad management and support to employes
Busy, constant changes and growth
Ops office Admin (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 October 2014
There was no typical day
I ran the office from inventory, files, banking, vendors, dales, anything and everything that needed doing
ran office lunches, rewards
part of the socail committee
Learned alot about little things and a little about alot of things
Management, dealt with i supervisor and 5 managers
co-workers where great,
Hardest part was juggleing all my responsibilities at the same time
The most enjoyable part of my job was the drivers early in the morning when I had to hand out their equipment
Pros
Organizing all the rewards and parties
Cons
Too much stress with all the responsibilities
if i didnt relocate i would still be working there
Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2015
great place to work- room for advancement - open door policy
enjoyed going to work every day. always something new to learn- always busy - you are never bored.
Pros
environment
Very challenging, good co-workers and managers, open to new idea
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 August 2015
the day start with a meeting for the day.
unload and load trailers and bring the merchandise to the right trailer and minimize the mistake.
Managers very cooperatives and open to new idea, co-workers very team minded.
Challenging to load the trailer with many different boxes and shapes, fast and well done without damaging the boxes.
Pros
salary, team
Cons
part time
great company to work for, great people
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2016
Great company, very professional. wish it paid a bit better and I would have stayed.

I left for another job that had better pay. but after a year I had enough.

moral of the story : find a happy place to work, money can't buy you happiness.
As per our moto, to deliver on time it's trully a fast pace business and I am proud to be a successful part of their operation.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
FedEx is best place to have a part time job, as per their operational requirements. Mostly their employees have full time jobs and they come over here for the part time, except the couriers they have mostly full time jobs.

I am with FedEx from last 16 years as a part time employee because I had my own Consultancy Business so it really suits me. Since I had winded up my business, I am looking a full time job.

I have 14 years perfect attendance certificates, never been late and have never sick call. It's a proof being reliable, roll model and be honest with my position.
Pros
Best place to have a part time job.
Cons
Have no extra time to work.
Productive Work Place
Senior Data Systems Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2012
My day was extremely busy working with couriers also on the phones with customers. I learned a great deal about dealing with customers how to calm them by doing everything I could do to solve their problem. I was very blessed to have very good managers and co-workers, We were a team, The hardest part of my job was keeping the equipment maintained and in good operation for the couriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my contact with our customers,
benefits
Cons
hours could be brutal
Physical and a good teamwork work environment
Ramp Agent/Sorter - (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport Area5 April 2014
More on physical type or kind of job to work in. Management are more focus on safety of the employees and the parcels working in the warehouse sort area. And there is no such hardest part of the job for me as I enjoy working specially waking up very early (2am) in the morning, Monday to Friday, start working on earlier time are a very good practice and challenge in my part as I am an early bird type of person.
Pros
Going home or offwork in an earlier time
Cons
short hours/part time only
Fast paced enviornment
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2014
Here I worked early mornings which consisted of sorting packages of various sizes and weight. What I learned was how to move quickly and pay close attention to detail. The management team I felt was unhelpful and unwilling to listen to employee's opinions. My co-workers are hard to describe as I've had very little interaction with them. We all worked in separate departments independantly. The hardest part of this job was the early hours but the most enjoyable part is being able to leave early and enjoy the rest of your day.
productive lots to do
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2016
great people to work with always a team environment, lots to do all the time.

learned area codes for flights to all different areas of the world, and got a knowledgeable understanding on how to play tetris with packages so they don't get damaged on their journey.
Pros
always having group activities outside work
Cons
needed more hours
Informaive Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2014
- Responded to international and domestic service related inquiries for FedEx customers including tracking/tracing shipments

-Coordinate and collaborated with FedEx Express internal departments to identify service opportunities for improving quality service to our customers

-Identified and analyze customer needs in a timely and effective manner

-Remained current on all FedEx training, features of service, products, automation, marketing promotions including international customs regulations
Worst company--better to be on welfare
it's every position (Former Employee) –  Easy to the west24 January 2013
Worst company to work for. Firstly you are paid under Kelly services which leaves you with no rights and no benefits. Secondly the will give you and contract and no hours and lead you on everyday that there is work meanwhile there is nothing. The supervisors are useless supervisors who only look out for their own. They need training. Worst company. Beware. You think your working for a great company but your working for monkeys.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.