FedEx

8.9K reviews

FedEx Employee Reviews

What people are saying about FedEx

• Good upper body workout
  • I unloaded packages and sorted packages
  • FedEx is a bottomline business
  • See more...
fast paced good exercise
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 5, 2014
scan packages for shipping worldwide and met some good people
Pros
amazing place
Cons
casual position
Great work place
Administrative Assistant/ Operations administrator (Former Employee) –  halifax nsFebruary 27, 2014
This job was my first job back into the work force after having my daughter. The people were very incuraging there. Friendly, outgoing. Over all FedEx is a great company to work for!!!
Very fun place to work
Data Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
I would get up every day and look forward to going to my job and really enjoyed working with the people I worked with. I had a set routine I did every day and loved that.
Pros
great team of people to work with.
Cons
had to drive a fair distance to get there.
Great company to work for would suggest it to someone suitable for the position
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Over all Fedex is a great company to work for. For the most part management is exceptionally friendly. Co-workers are also all very friendly and make coming into work everyday enjoyable. This particular position (cargo handler) involves early start times that are all different throughout the week. The warehouse is very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer which makes it a little difficult to perform at 100%.
Pros
good benefits once you receive permanent position
Cons
very early mornings, short shifts, not enough hours, permanent positions take along time to achieve
great place to work
PM package handler (Current Employee) –  YULAFebruary 5, 2014
great company
Good co-workers
very good benefits
I can move up fast in the company
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Great company to work with
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Great company to work with as long as you are dedicated to working hard.
Pros
free gifts when you are awarded employee of the month
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2013
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace environment to work in.
Shunter Driver, Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 28, 2013
I have learned a lot about team work and accountability. A very enjoyable job with a flexible work schedule. Most of the co-workers are a pleasure to work with and there is a decent chance of in house job opportunities.
Pros
social gatherings
Cons
lack of hours
Great atmosphere, face paced and physically demanding
Package Sorter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONOctober 30, 2013
Very structured environment, with an amazing team. Fed ex gives me everything I look for in a job.

Want to know more about FedEx?

Ask a question
Great Company
Customer Service Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2013
Excellent company to work for, great management team and benefits. Work was fast paced but interesting.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Most enjoyable part of job
Customer Service Agent (coop position) (Former Employee) –  FedEx Trade Networks, 7075 Ordan Dr., MississaugaOctober 8, 2013
Talk to customers , recognize there requirement and
solve their problem by providing good customer service were most enjoyable days in previous job
a conducive place to work
Pickup & Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2013
every day is a different challenge and there is never a boring day. Coordinating drivers at dispatch is always exciting.
Production place to work with good benefits.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 29, 2013
Part time early morning job good hours good benefits quick paced work.
Pros
part time early mornings
Cons
not enough hours
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Pros
the people for sure!
Cons
the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
A great learning experience
Data Entry Clerk - Customs Department (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 12, 2013
Working with FedEx Express has been a great learning experience. FedEx has great corporate culture and a very motivating work environment. I wish my contract was longer.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
it was just a temporary contract
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Fast paced working environment
Stock (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2013
Every shift started at 12pm. Loaded 3-5 large trailers in the time we were given. I always had to be multitasking while moving boxes and taking orders from managers. Got along well with co-workers well.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
short hours