FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Great place to work but always room for improvement.
Ramp Agent (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
Great place to work but always room for improvement. A typical day would start at 03:00a.m and that would include checking our GSE for serviceability, and prepping up for the arrival and departure of air crafts.
Great place to work at but very limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
few fulltime opportunities.
they where well organized and has a fairly easy program
General Labour/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2015
they give you not hard work but not easy too the boxes and conditons are still good compared to other companies with bad air flow you don't have as much machines running, also they were good employees when i was there
Pros
breaks
Cons
not much to expand in
Hardworkers
Image Input Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2015
Good experience, good coworkers, people are kind and helpful. company offers amazing benefits but fails to add a strategic connection to company goals. Employees seem overworked at times.
Strained work place
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 4, 2015
I was constantly asked to do more, while I was being as efficient as possible on the road without breaking any laws. Great coworkers though.
csr
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2015
The company provides a good work environment, full paid training, full benefits. The hardest part of the job is working with customers who have issues with packages being delayed and are not satisfied with the service so you may run into issues with that and the schedule change from time to time can make it difficult if you have a family. Otherwise a good company to work for and coworkers are very friendly.
Pros
full benifits
Cons
unsatisfied customers
Life at office work at FedEx
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2012
- Loads of work
- Management are nice to their associates
- Very diverse co-workers
- Hardest part of the work is dealing with clients especially in the US.
- Most Enjoyable part of the job is having a department lunch every month so the associates in the department get to bond.
Pros
company is expanding meaning more job openings to apply to, good work and life baland
Cons
low entry level salary, minimal annual salary increase
Productive workplace
Customer Service/ Waybill Agent - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2015
Good place to work at. Awesome co-workers. I enjoyed working with clients and worked to process 300 invoices per day. Provided exceptional support to manager and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 20%. Interacted well with multiple vendors, suppliers, transportation companies, clients and internal staff.
Love this job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CaMarch 29, 2015
Love the people I have worked with.
Enjoyed new friends.
Management was really caring and did everything to achieve our problems.
Enjoyed new challenges in learning something new at work stations.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Temp job
Busy, constant changes and growth
Ops office Admin (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONOctober 21, 2014
There was no typical day
I ran the office from inventory, files, banking, vendors, dales, anything and everything that needed doing
ran office lunches, rewards
part of the socail committee
Learned alot about little things and a little about alot of things
Management, dealt with i supervisor and 5 managers
co-workers where great,
Hardest part was juggleing all my responsibilities at the same time
The most enjoyable part of my job was the drivers early in the morning when I had to hand out their equipment
Pros
organizing all the rewards and parties
Cons
too much stress with all the responsibilities
Great job, and Company
Courier/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 9, 2015
-Sorted packages, loaded vehicle, performed all courier duties.
-learned many things about cargo and logistics
-management were amazing, friendly and helpful. Helping you to get ahead.
-other employees were all great and very friendly
-job could be very challenging during busy times, but I thrive under pressure.
-I loved being out on the road.
Pros
great work environment, room to move up in the company
Cons
lack of hours, led to being laid off in feb 2012
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
they provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons
not enough hours
fedex
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Malton,ONApril 14, 2015
Awsome enviornement to work in, great people around me at all times, workload is okay , and i enjoy the benifits that are offered
Customs Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 9, 2015
Every day is a challenging day.
Managements are understanding and willing to help in every possible way.
Great team players at FedEx.
I never should have left there!
Assistant Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2015
Dealing with irate customers
I learned about Management Skills, Communication Skills.
Management are great !
Negotiation Skills
Co-workers were amazing, really nice people always willing to give a helping hand.
Logistics
Problem Solving
Pros
social events (lunches, bakes sales)
Cons
irate customers
Great Company
Courier (Former Employee) –  BramptonFebruary 25, 2015
Everything is fantastic. Fellow drivers are helpful. Daily challenges are fun and exciting. Management is easy to chat with and attentive to drivers. Room to move around in the company and switch stations if you want to work in a different area.
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
Fast paced enviornment
Mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2014
Here I worked early mornings which consisted of sorting packages of various sizes and weight. What I learned was how to move quickly and pay close attention to detail. The management team I felt was unhelpful and unwilling to listen to employee's opinions. My co-workers are hard to describe as I've had very little interaction with them. We all worked in separate departments independantly. The hardest part of this job was the early hours but the most enjoyable part is being able to leave early and enjoy the rest of your day.
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Pros
customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons
when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.