FedEx Employee Reviews

Amazing.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 January 2016
The management and team that I work with are all extremely supportive and help out when ever some one falls behind or is uncertain of certain packages. Overall a great place to work.
A fun workplace with really good management
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2016
FedEx is one of the best place I have every work to. Co-workers and managers are really helpful specially when you are new.
Pros
Very good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours are not guarantee
Very enjoyable atmosphere.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2016
Fedex is a very busy organization, however, Team Work Environment and Managements Skill Level that was easily past on to the Dock Associates and Supervisors, the job was very enjoyable. Day to Day, we've work hard for the Company and especially our Customers.
Pros
Knowledge, Personnel, Communication, Team Work
Cons
Nothing negiative.
My review
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2015
Co-workers were the greatest assets in a very high paced environment, worked closely with sales to accomplish the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing well with customers and ensuring their needs were always met, I learned many useful skills that I can transcend into a new work environment with minimal effort and am very easy to deal with and will always go the extra mile to ensure not just my co-workers are looked after but also any customers. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour days and never having time for breaks to make sure the job got accomplished, being short staffed was a continued effort so I had to take on many roles.
Cons
Long hours with no time for lunch
great discount
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2015
this job was all over the place basically working in the warehouse to being at the store level and working with different types of personalities
Loved the package handling
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON12 November 2015
I loved working here. The bus didn't go here so it was hard to getting to work. The job is very physical I was working through the Christmas rush. the days flew by!
Pros
Great company
Cons
no busses
if i didnt relocate i would still be working there
Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2015
great place to work- room for advancement - open door policy
enjoyed going to work every day. always something new to learn- always busy - you are never bored.
Pros
environment
Feels your part of the team. Urgent daily schedule keeps you sharp.
Driver Courier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2015
Meeting a lot of people everyday and visiting various places. One gets positive energy from this type of work as most people in the workplace try to make their day more interesting and gets into you.
Benefits
Cons
Not much hours
customs
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on19 October 2015
I enjoy warehouse work/ shipping /receiving. doing customs paperwork for packages going to the U.S was very good. it gives me more experience for what I enjoy most.
great
Driver (Former Employee) –  london12 October 2015
it was a broker he was good to work for
i wanted something new so i left to train people
biggest mistake of my life
the pay was great
Pros
pay was great
Cons
night shift
As per our moto, to deliver on time it's trully a fast pace business and I am proud to be a successful part of their operation.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
FedEx is best place to have a part time job, as per their operational requirements. Mostly their employees have full time jobs and they come over here for the part time, except the couriers they have mostly full time jobs.

I am with FedEx from last 16 years as a part time employee because I had my own Consultancy Business so it really suits me. Since I had winded up my business, I am looking a full time job.

I have 14 years perfect attendance certificates, never been late and have never sick call. It's a proof being reliable, roll model and be honest with my position.
Pros
Best place to have a part time job.
Cons
Have no extra time to work.
Great job, good hard-working people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 September 2015
Its great for students, and there are plenty of people who have other jobs. One of the hardest things regarding my job is waiting for trailors to arrive. The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
get free dinner often
Cons
not enough hours
A great place for career growth
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga29 September 2015
Multiple demanding priorities goes with the territory in this ever-changing and competitive industry. At every level from executive to clerical, you will be expected to embrace the culture and learn the "language" of the freight forwarding world.

Without an aptitude for the industry, you will be lost in a world of acronyms at first so you need to evaluate whether or not you are ready or willing to learn more about their world and whether or not this fits into your long-term goals.

If you want growth and development in this industry then this is the place for you. Management will make an effort to continually temperature-check their employees for their readiness for advancement. Training and development will be offered and you can grow fast if you have the desire, motivation and interest in the industry.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your work load due to the amount of meetings they require everyone to attend. There are many meetings, some necessary and some not-so-much. It seems to be part of the culture.
Pros
Continual opportunity for advancement
Cons
Too many unecessary meetings
Nice work enviroment, start up difficult
Sr. Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 September 2015
Nice work enviroment, and good benefits, if you start from the bottom its difficult to go up to the ladder, bring a skill in you and it would work.
Strained work place
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 September 2015
I was constantly asked to do more, while I was being as efficient as possible on the road without breaking any laws. Great coworkers though.
Very challenging, good co-workers and managers, open to new idea
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 August 2015
the day start with a meeting for the day.
unload and load trailers and bring the merchandise to the right trailer and minimize the mistake.
Managers very cooperatives and open to new idea, co-workers very team minded.
Challenging to load the trailer with many different boxes and shapes, fast and well done without damaging the boxes.
Pros
salary, team
Cons
part time
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
Fun work place with great co-workers. Lots of politics but that's to be expected to any workplace. Learned to perform many task and solve complex issues in a timely manner, no thanks to management. All about the numbers but that's to be expected from such a big company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement, pay does not reflect the work you do
they where well organized and has a fairly easy program
General Labour/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2015
they give you not hard work but not easy too the boxes and conditons are still good compared to other companies with bad air flow you don't have as much machines running, also they were good employees when i was there
Pros
breaks
Cons
not much to expand in
Productive and fun workplace
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 July 2015
Handling the Daily Inbound and Shipping Reports
Placing Orders for Canada Post (Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon)
Preparing a Daily BOL for Dangerous goods shipments as well as verifying documents that are required.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Simple minded management and administration
Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Don't ask your manager or corporate to do anything out of their ordinary because they can't handle anything. Thankless place to work with quite a few bad apples. Glad to be gone.
Pros
Autonomy once on the road
Cons
Management is dumb, long time couriers are a little messed up in the head