FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 8, 2014
Pros: successful company and organized
Cons: long hours affects work life balance
My career with fedex ground has been one where I have learned leadership skills and built on a number of skills. At work I review dispatches and schedules from the previous morning across Canada. I walk through the warehouse to make a determination of what schedules will need to be put in place to move freight across the country. During my time with fedex I have learned how to communicate with other members of management and how to delegate and inspire others to take pride in their duties. The hardest part of the job is that I make myself available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This is also rewarding because my commitment has led to excellent results in terms of service measures.
Physical and a good teamwork work environment
Ramp Agent/Sorter - (Part-time) (Current Employee), Edmonton International Airport AreaApril 5, 2014
Pros: going home or offwork in an earlier time
Cons: short hours/part time only
More on physical type or kind of job to work in. Management are more focus on safety of the employees and the parcels working in the warehouse sort area. And there is no such hardest part of the job for me as I enjoy working specially waking up very early (2am) in the morning, Monday to Friday, start working on earlier time are a very good practice and challenge in my part as I am an early bird type of person.
Fast paced, and tiring.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good excercise
Cons: overnight hours
This job, as the title says, is fast paced and tiring. Its fun but very tiring. There is a lot of heavy lifting (done in teams if required). The management was fair but rarely around to help with what we needed help with. They were good when it came to training, but that was about it. The hardest part of the job was the hours of operation. The shift I worked was overnight but it was made better with the people I worked with.
Great company to work for would suggest it to someone suitable for the position
Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits once you receive permanent position
Cons: very early mornings, short shifts, not enough hours, permanent positions take along time to achieve
Over all Fedex is a great company to work for. For the most part management is exceptionally friendly. Co-workers are also all very friendly and make coming into work everyday enjoyable. This particular position (cargo handler) involves early start times that are all different throughout the week. The warehouse is very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer which makes it a little difficult to perform at 100%.
enjoyable work environment
Way Billing Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMarch 8, 2014
Fed Ex allowed me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills of working in a diverse environment. I was in a fast paced position which required me to move quickly and complete tasks effectively while utilizing my problem solving skills. I did not have a lot of contact with the management as Fed Ex is such a large company but I enjoyed working with my co-workers and creating a team environment.
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Fun depending on your manager
Package Handler (Current Employee), Missisauga OntarioMay 10, 2012
Pros: co- workers are really friendly, they gave us cupcakes on certain days.
Cons: hard labour for a very short shift, bad management and support to employes
Being a package handler is an ok task depending on your manager and which trailer they decide to put you in. Since I'm an experienced package handler I was in the trailer sending packages to Toronto and GTA area 4/5 times a week. A very poor manager will assign the wrong people to the wrong trailers which takes a toll on the more experienced package handlers. We voice our opinion but they refuse to listen and believe that they are right. Even though all our service managers have almost no experience as a package handler than us.

May 20, 2012

Are you still currently working there?

One of the best companies I've worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: comfortable, exciting, happy environment
Cons: job positions limited
Unbelievable to the point you think you're dreaming. This company actually cares for their employees daily. 2 x 50 cent raises within one year, benefits are great, employees are always happy and stress free when they don't need to be. Lots of different types of jobs from csr to pilot. Management helps you succeed always. Love it. Only problem is that everyone loves their job so much nobody quits! Reduces your chance of being promoted, especially when everything is based off seniority. Almost like a unionized company that isn't unionized.
Productive Work Place
Senior Data Systems Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours could be brutal
My day was extremely busy working with couriers also on the phones with customers. I learned a great deal about dealing with customers how to calm them by doing everything I could do to solve their problem. I was very blessed to have very good managers and co-workers, We were a team, The hardest part of my job was keeping the equipment maintained and in good operation for the couriers. The most enjoyable part of my job was my contact with our customers,
A challenging place with a wide range of knowledge.
Waybill Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnNovember 19, 2012
My last responsabilities at Fedex were dealing with all the kickback shipments. I had to find out the right brokers for each and every shipement refused by other brokers, and that required some phone calls and emails to consignee sometimes, shipper or broker. I used to work in a team very cooperative one.The hardest part was to work quickly and provide effective solutions but at the same time it was the most enjoyable part too.
A very busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: the people are great to work with
Cons: can be a stressful environment at times
A typical day is non-stop. Many requests from customers which needs multi-tasking skills. One has to organize their day in order to complete daily task/requests. I enjoy working with the team and a team environment and I enjoy meeting people/customers at the front counter when accepting packages for shipping. The management team,, on the whole, are very pleasant and easy to talk to.
Worst company--better to be on welfare
it's every position (Former Employee), Easy to the westJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything.
Worst company to work for. Firstly you are paid under Kelly services which leaves you with no rights and no benefits. Secondly the will give you and contract and no hours and lead you on everyday that there is work meanwhile there is nothing. The supervisors are useless supervisors who only look out for their own. They need training. Worst company. Beware. You think your working for a great company but your working for monkeys.
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Life at office work at FedEx
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2012
Pros: company is expanding meaning more job openings to apply to, good work and life baland
Cons: low entry level salary, minimal annual salary increase
- Loads of work
- Management are nice to their associates
- Very diverse co-workers
- Hardest part of the work is dealing with clients especially in the US.
- Most Enjoyable part of the job is having a department lunch every month so the associates in the department get to bond.
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons: when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Great job
Package Handler (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great envirorment, great people, easy going job.
Cons: only part time hours, start time very early
Start at 5am finish around 8:30 am
Sort packages in truck depending on location.
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They really make the shift go by quick
Headquarters