FedEx
6,717 reviews

FedEx Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced and very energetic
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
Day to day work would be shipping and receiving boxing coming from different location and distributors and making sure they go in their secure belts. Used a scanner and computer to track and locate boxes. Management was excellent with helpful information always. Team work was a big asset as you could deal with a package that was over 60lb and would ask for assistance.
Fast pace environment to work in.
Shunter Driver, Cargo Handler (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: social gatherings
Cons: lack of hours
I have learned a lot about team work and accountability. A very enjoyable job with a flexible work schedule. Most of the co-workers are a pleasure to work with and there is a decent chance of in house job opportunities.
Great atmosphere, face paced and physically demanding
Package Sorter (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 30, 2013
Very structured environment, with an amazing team. Fed ex gives me everything I look for in a job.
Great Company
Customer Service Call Centre (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Excellent company to work for, great management team and benefits. Work was fast paced but interesting.
Most enjoyable part of job
Customer Service Agent (coop position) (Former Employee), FedEx Trade Networks, 7075 Ordan Dr., MississaugaOctober 8, 2013
Talk to customers , recognize there requirement and
solve their problem by providing good customer service were most enjoyable days in previous job
a conducive place to work
Pickup & Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2013
every day is a different challenge and there is never a boring day. Coordinating drivers at dispatch is always exciting.
Production place to work with good benefits.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: part time early mornings
Cons: not enough hours
Part time early morning job good hours good benefits quick paced work.
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the people for sure!
Cons: the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
A great learning experience
Data Entry Clerk - Customs Department (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: it was just a temporary contract
Working with FedEx Express has been a great learning experience. FedEx has great corporate culture and a very motivating work environment. I wish my contract was longer.
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Fast paced working environment
Stock (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: starting pay
Cons: short hours
Every shift started at 12pm. Loaded 3-5 large trailers in the time we were given. I always had to be multitasking while moving boxes and taking orders from managers. Got along well with co-workers well.
Fun Workplace
Cargo Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: early hours
- unloaded containers with freight from all over the world.
- always be on time
- manegement was absolutely amazing due to the fact that they cared about their workers
- co-workers were friendly, and all willing to work and help eachother
great place to work,but want to work closer to home
cargo handler (Current Employee), bramaleaMay 7, 2013
if i did not move up north of work would not want to change,want to be closer to home and my family
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They really make the shift go by quick
friendly workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 16, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: far away
-show up
-unload trailers
-prepare stock for shipping
-clean-up
Best to work for
Cargo Handler/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2013
FedEx is top 50 companies in Canada and they do live up to that for their workers and
Team Oriented
Ramp Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, and available ot
Cons: weather
I've been with FedEx for a short while now, but I can say this is probably one of the few companies that actually cares for you as an individual. Regardless of it 100,000+ employees, at my location, you aren't just a number, we're a family !

The Purple Promise!

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more