FedEx
4,629 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production place to work with good benefits.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: part time early mornings
Cons: not enough hours
Part time early morning job good hours good benefits quick paced work.
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
productive and fun work place.
service √† la client√®le (Former Employee), Alexandria EgyptSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free medical care
Cons: long hours
Answering the phone.
Receiving clients.
Weighing packages.
writing the bill to send the package.
Answering any questions the client has.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the people for sure!
Cons: the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my – more... reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me. – less
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package – more... handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of. – less
A great learning experience
Data Entry Clerk - Customs Department (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: it was just a temporary contract
Working with FedEx Express has been a great learning experience. FedEx has great corporate culture and a very motivating work environment. I wish my contract was longer.
Assistant to Managing Director & Customer Service (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLJuly 23, 2013
Fedex in general is a great company to work at and as one of their principle is work and have fun! Always make a fedex experience outstanding! It is a people first company which reflects the way their employee work. I enjoyed and miss my ex co-worker at Fedex Freight Mexico.
Enjoyable Teamwork orientated
Material/Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJune 20, 2013
You are assigned to a positions in the warehouse. Load containers with cargo that is gonna be shipped out. chat with your co workers.
Management and supervisors are nice and professional. Hardest part is getting overwhelmed with high quantity of cargo but you always receive help from teammates when they can help you. I enjoy every aspect of the job.
Fast paced working environment
Stock (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: starting pay
Cons: short hours
Every shift started at 12pm. Loaded 3-5 large trailers in the time we were given. I always had to be multitasking while moving boxes and taking orders from managers. Got along well with co-workers well.
Fun Workplace
Cargo Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: early hours
- unloaded containers with freight from all over the world.
- always be on time
- manegement was absolutely amazing due to the fact that they cared about their workers
- co-workers were friendly, and all willing to work and help eachother
great place to work,but want to work closer to home
cargo handler (Current Employee), bramaleaMay 7, 2013
if i did not move up north of work would not want to change,want to be closer to home and my family
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers. – less
Productive workplace with nice people
Package Handler (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONApril 28, 2013
A fairly busy company with plenty of work to do during the sort. Everyone there is really nice from co-workers, management to truck drivers. The hardest part about the job is to keep up with scanning accuracy when scanning package bar codes to appropriate trucks for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people there. They – more... really make the shift go by quick – less
friendly workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 16, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: far away
-show up
-unload trailers
-prepare stock for shipping
-clean-up
Best to work for
Cargo Handler/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2013
FedEx is top 50 companies in Canada and they do live up to that for their workers and
Excellent place to work
Project Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2013
Excellent place to work and balanced personal life.Good managment
Team Oriented
Ramp Handler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, and available ot
Cons: weather
I've been with FedEx for a short while now, but I can say this is probably one of the few companies that actually cares for you as an individual. Regardless of it 100,000+ employees, at my location, you aren't just a number, we're a family !

The Purple Promise!
processessing deliveries of parcels and packages
Package Handler/Customer Service/Administration (Former Employee), Nanaimo, bcMarch 12, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: short hours
develops the knowledge and experience of logistics, warehousing / shipping & receiving, transportation of freight and goods
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: really great medical plan
Cons: hours not long enough
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team – more... of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment. – less
It was unforgettable work experience for me
Assistant -Surface Transportation Department (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONFebruary 25, 2013
I had a great work experience among professionals and good people.

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more