FedEx Employee Reviews

A great place for career growth
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 29, 2015
Multiple demanding priorities goes with the territory in this ever-changing and competitive industry. At every level from executive to clerical, you will be expected to embrace the culture and learn the "language" of the freight forwarding world.

Without an aptitude for the industry, you will be lost in a world of acronyms at first so you need to evaluate whether or not you are ready or willing to learn more about their world and whether or not this fits into your long-term goals.

If you want growth and development in this industry then this is the place for you. Management will make an effort to continually temperature-check their employees for their readiness for advancement. Training and development will be offered and you can grow fast if you have the desire, motivation and interest in the industry.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your work load due to the amount of meetings they require everyone to attend. There are many meetings, some necessary and some not-so-much. It seems to be part of the culture.
Pros
Continual opportunity for advancement
Cons
Too many unecessary meetings
Great company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2016
Hectic but with a sense of accomplishment. Good for meeting new people everyday.

Con would be advancing in the company is difficult because of seniority since most people have been for years.
Pros
good management
Cons
long tenure means getting permanent or advancement is tough
Very hard work
Courier (Former Employee) –  BarrieJune 28, 2016
My employer really expected a lot from me. Some days but not all there was too much work to get done in a safe manner. The weekly wage is what kept me there for so long.
Pros
wage was good
Cons
over worked most days
Great work environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 25, 2016
The work environment was very well lit and safe. The job pays very well for part time and employees get benefits. I think the company cares about its employees as they are very lenient when persons arrive late if they have a valid reason.
One of the best companies I've worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 25, 2012
Unbelievable to the point you think you're dreaming. This company actually cares for their employees daily. 2 x 50 cent raises within one year, benefits are great, employees are always happy and stress free when they don't need to be. Lots of different types of jobs from csr to pilot. Management helps you succeed always. Love it. Only problem is that everyone loves their job so much nobody quits! Reduces your chance of being promoted, especially when everything is based off seniority. Almost like a unionized company that isn't unionized.
Pros
comfortable, exciting, happy environment
Cons
job positions limited
Productive and fun place to work at
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
I was treated with a lot of respect from every department not just the one I was working with regularly. Management was done with respect to job needs while still maintaining employer-to-employee relationship.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Short work days
Very good
Reload Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2016
Loved it. It is a great work environment and very fast paced. They value and recognize hard work and achievements. Not much more to say.
Office Associate
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 19, 2016
Driver's Receiving
Data Entry , Billing Entry

i'd start my day with driver receiving enter there pick ups in the system scan all there papers mark down there hours.
review
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2016
I work as an associate of operations beside my reception duties all in all I would say that All okay
repetative work with good hours
Handler/Courier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. They provided a stable working environment with ongoing training. The pay was decent and the hours were great.
Great company to work for would suggest it to someone suitable for the position
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Over all Fedex is a great company to work for. For the most part management is exceptionally friendly. Co-workers are also all very friendly and make coming into work everyday enjoyable. This particular position (cargo handler) involves early start times that are all different throughout the week. The warehouse is very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer which makes it a little difficult to perform at 100%.
Pros
good benefits once you receive permanent position
Cons
very early mornings, short shifts, not enough hours, permanent positions take along time to achieve
I love this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 18, 2016
in this job I will more enjoyable,to deal with public people,and run around to know more about city.
I wish to have the part time job in Mississauga
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Pros
good pay, benefits
great company to work for, great people
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2016
Great company, very professional. wish it paid a bit better and I would have stayed.

I left for another job that had better pay. but after a year I had enough.

moral of the story : find a happy place to work, money can't buy you happiness.
Excellent working environment that promotes learning and development
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2014
My typical day at Fed Ex is as follows;
- Planning in the early morning
- Sales calls up to eight customers
- Administration in the late afternoon

I learned a number of transferable skills at Fed Ex;
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Sales planning and closing
- Customer service and retention strategies
- Collaboration and team work

I had an especially good relation to my manager, who was a champion mentor. He positioned me to be able to replace him, with the coaching I received during our 1 on 1 time. The training I received at Fed Ex's leadership school was also top quality.

My relation to my coworkers was very positive. I came into a very seasoned team, and there was no turnover during my time there. I consider myself very lucky to have been in such excellent company, for so long.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of promotional opportunities. It is difficult for an overachiever to stay motivated, when no upward movement exists. The compensation was also weak.

The best part of the job truly was my interactions with my colleagues and customers.
Pros
a manager with such trust in me, that no micromanagement of any kind occurred.
Cons
long hours, resulting in poor compensation.
csr
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2015
The company provides a good work environment, full paid training, full benefits. The hardest part of the job is working with customers who have issues with packages being delayed and are not satisfied with the service so you may run into issues with that and the schedule change from time to time can make it difficult if you have a family. Otherwise a good company to work for and coworkers are very friendly.
Pros
full benifits
Cons
unsatisfied customers
productive lots to do
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 6, 2016
great people to work with always a team environment, lots to do all the time.

learned area codes for flights to all different areas of the world, and got a knowledgeable understanding on how to play tetris with packages so they don't get damaged on their journey.
Pros
always having group activities outside work
Cons
needed more hours
Great company
Courrier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of possibility to advance your self. Great part time possibility. Don't know about the the benefits.
Amazing.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The management and team that I work with are all extremely supportive and help out when ever some one falls behind or is uncertain of certain packages. Overall a great place to work.