FedEx

8.9K reviews

FedEx Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great relationship with management, with new experiences each day.
Quality Assurance clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: challenges and customer satisfaction
Cons: could be in a better work environment setting
Start in the early morning hours to capture and correct any addresses, that customers have requested via customer service mail. Examples may include a re-route, hold for customer pickup, or a future delivery request, etc.

After all necessary mail has been opened and responded to, its time to get ready for the present days issues that the drivers may have with their packages before dispatch.

Onces dispatch leaves, I now have to investigate as to why certain packages were left behind, examples are: insufficient delivery info, such as no suite/unit number, no customer name or contact number, or name of business.

I've learnt how to use variables to find and correct a package when the FedEx Ground tracking ID is missing. A good example is when we know what the shipper number is, and the destination zip code I can then find out the complete tracking ID.

My relationship with management is very good, I am challenged to be the best I can be at my position and I am able to provide daily feedback.

Co-workers are very helpful, and friendly and are always willing to listen to new ieas.

The hardest part of the job, is fixing as many packages as you can before dispatch. Sometime there may be issues with many different packages, drivers are not willing to wait for you to fix them all.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction from the customers when they truely believe that I have done everything possible to get their package to them in a timely manner.
Great for a little extra something on the side
Shunt Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 11, 2012
Pros: fits into shedule
Cons: too physically demanding
If you are willing, physically fit, and when I say fit you really gotta be fit, would to earn a few extra dollars, than this is a good place to work. Work is part-time five days a week, average 20-25 hrs/week. Shifts starts from 4pm-8:30pm on most days and I think there is a morning shift as well but I'm not sure. Really physically demanding if you work as an unloader which is probably your best bet if your a new person there. They will show you proper techniques to life heavy boxes, sometimes these packages weighed over 100 lbs and you better have the strength to pick it up and throw it on the conveyer. Yah you should ask a buddy to help but most of us guys didn't. If you weigh 200lbs you probably weigh 100 after a year work there if you don't eat right. Very physical, very tiring, not for the faint of heart.
A great place for career growth
Middle Management (Current Employee), MississaugaSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Continual opportunity for advancement
Cons: Too many unecessary meetings
Multiple demanding priorities goes with the territory in this ever-changing and competitive industry. At every level from executive to clerical, you will be expected to embrace the culture and learn the "language" of the freight forwarding world.

Without an aptitude for the industry, you will be lost in a world of acronyms at first so you need to evaluate whether or not you are ready or willing to learn more about their world and whether or not this fits into your long-term goals.

If you want growth and development in this industry then this is the place for you. Management will make an effort to continually temperature-check their employees for their readiness for advancement. Training and development will be offered and you can grow fast if you have the desire, motivation and interest in the industry.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your work load due to the amount of meetings they require everyone to attend. There are many meetings, some necessary and some not-so-much. It seems to be part of the culture.
Cargo Hander
Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: they provide the occasional treats, ex: bbq, appreciative donuts
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would consist of a few hours every morning; 5-6 days a week.
I am a cargo handler who is able to maneuvers packages from 70lbs and up. It is a great morning workout and my co-workers make coming to work everyday very worthwhile.
Management is wonderful and they are great at offering whatever help may be necessary. Meetings are insightful and they do a wonderful job at showing appreciation for their employees.
The hardest part of my job would be that there just isn't enough hours in a shift; and having to commute for only a couple of hours everyday.
But the most enjoyable part of my job is coming in everyday and working with the wonderful team we have. They are a joy and make the time go by fast; we have become a family, and families work together to help each other all around.
This is a wonderful company to work for.
excellent company, wonderful people, but very stressful
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the people for sure!
Cons: the more you learn about the company, the more duties are given to you which you are expected to have done within the same time frame
FedEx Ground is one of the best companies that I have worked for. My only problem is the long commute from my home in Crossfield to close to the Calgary Airport.

Typically, it is a very busy place, but with great camaraderie with my co-workers, as well as with the contractors and drivers.

The hardest part of the job is the time constraint to get my reports and closes done nightly. If the drivers or their equipment have a long hard day, then the domino effect takes over and I am guaranteed a long hard evening.

It was a hard decision to leave, but my night vision isn't what it used to be and the commute home after dark is getting harder for me.
Self Motivated,will work hard and learn more skills
Sr Customs Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: customer did get there pkg on time on brithdays-xmas etc.
Cons: when i could not ship pkg because custom said no.
Turn on my computer get emails.check if any mesage on phone.print out all the pkg on the aging report.Tracking pkg's were they are in the warehouse find customs paper on pkg's and call shipper and get more information so Fedex can deliver pkg's. Some data entry.Fix damage pkg's all pkg's that were ready then put them to the loaded dock.Help load truck,fax,scanning pkg's - Safety.customer service.communications - we all were a team player we always help each other out if we got busy - telling customer that fedex can't ship the pkg and knowing it was a x-mas gift ect - my co-worker and management we work together.
Fast paced environment with good people
QA/Administrative Assocciate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONNovember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: inconsistent hours
I worked there for almost four years. Started as a package handler, and was promoted after two years, to QA Clerk.
The work was challenging, and the coworkers were also very pleasant.
FedEx is a very busy company, with a good reputation for having the best service. I was proud to contribute to their success.
I learned how to track packages, scan proper codes to them, resolve peoples' concerns, present ideas for improvement, route packages to other terminals, inspect damaged packages and write reports on them, as well as many other duties.
The most difficult part of any day, was waiting for the trucks to show up, so we could get packages out in time.
The best part of the day, was knowing we did get those packages out on the road.
My review
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Cons: Long hours with no time for lunch
Co-workers were the greatest assets in a very high paced environment, worked closely with sales to accomplish the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing well with customers and ensuring their needs were always met, I learned many useful skills that I can transcend into a new work environment with minimal effort and am very easy to deal with and will always go the extra mile to ensure not just my co-workers are looked after but also any customers. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour days and never having time for breaks to make sure the job got accomplished, being short staffed was a continued effort so I had to take on many roles.
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 8, 2014
Pros: successful company and organized
Cons: long hours affects work life balance
My career with fedex ground has been one where I have learned leadership skills and built on a number of skills. At work I review dispatches and schedules from the previous morning across Canada. I walk through the warehouse to make a determination of what schedules will need to be put in place to move freight across the country. During my time with fedex I have learned how to communicate with other members of management and how to delegate and inspire others to take pride in their duties. The hardest part of the job is that I make myself available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This is also rewarding because my commitment has led to excellent results in terms of service measures.
Very fast pass and fun work envirment.
Ramp Handler (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: really great medical plan
Cons: hours not long enough
A typical day involves loading containers with freight by way of hand for regular size freight and forklift for oversize heavyweight freight. Also loading of aircrafts ( 757, airbus 300 our 310) and departing the aircrafts on time ( no delays). We have an awesome management team that really appreciate our hard work and dedication to the job. Great team of co-workers that work hard together and communicate to each other to perform our job safely. The hardest part about my job is simple not getting more hours in our work day. I wish we were able to have a full day of work. I love coming to work and working together as a team to get our job done safely. I also enjoy the use of the equipment and just being at yvr in that envirment.
Fast paced, time sensitive company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work is very stressful right from when the planes land to the time the drivers are on the road to make their deliveries. There is a very short period of time to ensure the package reaches its destination.
I have learnt punctuality, responsibility and how to manage/ plan my day.
The management is one of the best group of people I have worked with in my life. very understanding and hardworking.
Co Workers have made my 8 years at Fedex feel like a breeze.
The fact that Fedex runs 24hrs the odd timings to begin and end work are challenging at times.
Knowing that I am apart of an organization that helps put a smile on every customer when they receive their shipment.
One of the best companies I've worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: comfortable, exciting, happy environment
Cons: job positions limited
Unbelievable to the point you think you're dreaming. This company actually cares for their employees daily. 2 x 50 cent raises within one year, benefits are great, employees are always happy and stress free when they don't need to be. Lots of different types of jobs from csr to pilot. Management helps you succeed always. Love it. Only problem is that everyone loves their job so much nobody quits! Reduces your chance of being promoted, especially when everything is based off seniority. Almost like a unionized company that isn't unionized.
Fun depending on your manager
Package Handler (Current Employee), Missisauga OntarioMay 10, 2012
Pros: co- workers are really friendly, they gave us cupcakes on certain days.
Cons: hard labour for a very short shift, bad management and support to employes
Being a package handler is an ok task depending on your manager and which trailer they decide to put you in. Since I'm an experienced package handler I was in the trailer sending packages to Toronto and GTA area 4/5 times a week. A very poor manager will assign the wrong people to the wrong trailers which takes a toll on the more experienced package handlers. We voice our opinion but they refuse to listen and believe that they are right. Even though all our service managers have almost no experience as a package handler than us.

May 20, 2012

Are you still currently working there?

As per our moto, to deliver on time it's trully a fast pace business and I am proud to be a successful part of their operation.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Best place to have a part time job.
Cons: Have no extra time to work.
FedEx is best place to have a part time job, as per their operational requirements. Mostly their employees have full time jobs and they come over here for the part time, except the couriers they have mostly full time jobs.

I am with FedEx from last 16 years as a part time employee because I had my own Consultancy Business so it really suits me. Since I had winded up my business, I am looking a full time job.

I have 14 years perfect attendance certificates, never been late and have never sick call. It's a proof being reliable, roll model and be honest with my position.
Busy, constant changes and growth
Ops office Admin (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: organizing all the rewards and parties
Cons: too much stress with all the responsibilities
There was no typical day
I ran the office from inventory, files, banking, vendors, dales, anything and everything that needed doing
ran office lunches, rewards
part of the socail committee
Learned alot about little things and a little about alot of things
Management, dealt with i supervisor and 5 managers
co-workers where great,
Hardest part was juggleing all my responsibilities at the same time
The most enjoyable part of my job was the drivers early in the morning when I had to hand out their equipment
Motivated work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits
A day to day at FedEx, since I worked there for 3 months and got fired because i was still on probation. I learned a whole lot just by working in that organization. My co-workers always dropped me food for thought and showed good teamwork skills and my manager was good, she understanded my issue of getting to work on time in meetings at FedEx. The most enjoyable part of the job was the meetings. The most hardest part of the job is when I was in the warehouse and I was handling the heavy packages. Some of them are too heavy to lift by yourself so I asked One of the co-workers.
Fast paced enviornment
Mail sorter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2014
Here I worked early mornings which consisted of sorting packages of various sizes and weight. What I learned was how to move quickly and pay close attention to detail. The management team I felt was unhelpful and unwilling to listen to employee's opinions. My co-workers are hard to describe as I've had very little interaction with them. We all worked in separate departments independantly. The hardest part of this job was the early hours but the most enjoyable part is being able to leave early and enjoy the rest of your day.
Great company to work for would suggest it to someone suitable for the position
Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits once you receive permanent position
Cons: very early mornings, short shifts, not enough hours, permanent positions take along time to achieve
Over all Fedex is a great company to work for. For the most part management is exceptionally friendly. Co-workers are also all very friendly and make coming into work everyday enjoyable. This particular position (cargo handler) involves early start times that are all different throughout the week. The warehouse is very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer which makes it a little difficult to perform at 100%.
Horrible!
Waybill Clerk/Credit adjuster/Permit provider (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: takes long to become f/t, bad pay, supervisors/managers show little interest.
I was here for 5 years. It took them 18 months to hire me from the agency. When they hired me I was then a temp for another year. So it took half the 5 years I was there even to just be an employee. Very little teamwork goes on at Fedex Trade Networks. The supervisors/managers were not really interested in teaching you anything new.
Productivity is their top priority during peak season
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2013
Typicial day includes loading 2-3 doors at once, usually one and a half trailers per shift.
You quickly learn to be very aware of yoru surroundings and to read every piece of paper management hands you.
Everyone there has the same thoughts of leaving but the pay is awesome considering the hours worked per week.
Although most managers used to be package handlers, they still expect you to push beyond what you're capable of.
Headquarters