FedEx Employee Reviews

Pluses and Minuses
Fleet Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 August 2016
- People who don't do any work keep their jobs. Management won't fire them and if they give a stern talking-to, it's just empty threats.

- Benefits were very good.

- Their excuse for not paying more than needed was because they don't like to lay people off during recessions. Funny how the stock is at an all-time high, and CEO gives himself a 40 million dollar raise.

- People who were there are generally nice.

- Team meetings are great places to learn more about your job and have your voices heard.
Great job to have
Line captain (Current Employee) –  Bramelea and derry28 September 2016
This job is one of the best job I've ever had great work environment awesome benefits great pay awesome management all around the best I've ever had the opportunity to work for
Pros
Benefits, great work place
Cons
Short hours.
Very Corporate
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 October 2016
Working for a multinational corporation with a very high employee turnaround, it is hard to feel valued. There is very little in the way of one on one training and support, a very sink or swim environment.
Pros
good base salary, good benefits
Cons
feeling like a cog in a wheel
Great work environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2016
The work environment was very well lit and safe. The job pays very well for part time and employees get benefits. I think the company cares about its employees as they are very lenient when persons arrive late if they have a valid reason.
Fun place to work with great people
National Manager, Total Rewards (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
Company culture is one of the best
Work/life balance is respected
Opportunity to grow and develop
A career here is well worth the time and investment
One of the best
Ramp Handler (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2016
Worked here during my college years and have recently returned. Fantastic company to work for. They promote from within and provide great training, benefits and work-life balance.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fast-paced, never bored.
Cons
Outside work - can be difficult in harsh weather conditions
Awesome
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
It's an amazing company to work for. No complaints. Management is very understanding, always here to help us and the benefits are good.
Still great but shows signs of decline as industry icon
Senior customs broker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
Used to be a good company but the push for greater returns by the owners specifically the Board of Directors has put a lot of stress on management and the workforce. The introduction of productivity measures, one after the other, has dampened the heretofore great enthusiasm and pride of the workforce in the company.
The PSP philosophy(People, Service, Profit) has been upended. It is now Profit first before People. Sad reality but that is how great companies decline.
Great company
Courrier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of possibility to advance your self. Great part time possibility. Don't know about the the benefits.
Employer provided excellent compensation and benefit program.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2016
Overall an excellent company to work for with very fair minded management. The toughest part of the job is maintaining the hours with regards to work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not typical working hours.
productive relaxed atmosphere
Fleet Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
My experience at FedEx has been great, they definitely care about the culture and people. Working here has gained me a lot of experience. My typical day at work would be summed up in coming in early, working on my report and taking care of my daily tasks. There is no micromanaging and you feel like you are able to contribute and work whilst enjoying the people here. The atmosphere is very relaxing.
Pros
School reimbursement program
Cons
Half Hour lunches
Not a place to stay in for a long time.
Part Time Courier (Former Employee) –  215 lakeshore blv12 September 2016
First you won't get full time unless you have been there for over a 10 year minimum period. Second, employees concerns and suggestions don't count and don't get implemented. Third, Management only concern is moving up the ladder and do whatever it takes to get there.
Pros
Great for part time students and as an extra income.
Cons
Not a place if you looking for growth, employees are not empowered and heard on a regular basis, Go go go is all that matters.
Great company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2016
Hectic but with a sense of accomplishment. Good for meeting new people everyday.

Con would be advancing in the company is difficult because of seniority since most people have been for years.
Pros
good management
Cons
long tenure means getting permanent or advancement is tough
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mirabel6 September 2016
Very stressful job for the small wage they give the workers on the sort (package handler). everybody except the one's who do the hard labour get the credit and the big pay cheque ,team leaders play the role of boss and half the time they can't answer a question related to the job.
I was there for 6 weeks and hated going to work every morning
This is just my opinion and the experience I went through while working for FedEx .They paint a nicer picture then it really is.
Pros
bbq 1 time a month
Cons
too much in little time
A fun workplace with really good management
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2016
FedEx is one of the best place I have every work to. Co-workers and managers are really helpful specially when you are new.
Pros
Very good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours are not guarantee
Best employer
Sales and Leadership Sr. Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
Wish I could have stayed here but there were no other advancement opportunities for me. The people are what make this place such a great place to be
Very hard work
Courier (Former Employee) –  Barrie28 June 2016
My employer really expected a lot from me. Some days but not all there was too much work to get done in a safe manner. The weekly wage is what kept me there for so long.
Pros
wage was good
Cons
over worked most days
Great
Courier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 November 2016
Great, Great. Loved the job, management were great and understanding. Fast paced, however you were given the support and tools to do your job. Just wish there would of been more hours.
Great people to work with!
Courier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 September 2016
Working for FedEx was a fantastic way to learn a new city. I found the people I was working with in Victoria British Columbia, were a fantastic crew and very supportive when help was needed. I highly recommend working for the Victoria branch if the opportunity was available.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Sometimes hard to get days off
Challenging and forever changing enviroment
Ramp Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2016
This is a very physical job and is performed in the elements all year round on a 4 X 10 night shift. It is a very challenging enviroment. Fast paced and team oriented.
Pros
physically demanding
Cons
extreme weather conditions at times