FedEx Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work at
Administrative - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2016
I was treated with a lot of respect from every department not just the one I was working with regularly. Management was done with respect to job needs while still maintaining employer-to-employee relationship.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Short work days
Great company
Courrier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for with a lot of possibility to advance your self. Great part time possibility. Don't know about the the benefits.
Awesome
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2016
It's an amazing company to work for. No complaints. Management is very understanding, always here to help us and the benefits are good.
great company to work for, great people
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2016
Great company, very professional. wish it paid a bit better and I would have stayed.

I left for another job that had better pay. but after a year I had enough.

moral of the story : find a happy place to work, money can't buy you happiness.
One of the best
Ramp Handler (P/T) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Worked here during my college years and have recently returned. Fantastic company to work for. They promote from within and provide great training, benefits and work-life balance.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fast-paced, never bored.
Cons
Outside work - can be difficult in harsh weather conditions
Good place to work. Lots of politics in management.
AZ LTL driver (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Working for a contractor through Fedex freight. My contractor boss was by far the best boss I have ever worked for. Fedex did not like her straight forward attitude. She wasn't a "yes man". They eliminated my possition as a result after almost 4 years.

Dispatchers were excellent to work for. Management not so much.

Received a safe driver award.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Too much politics
productive lots to do
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 6, 2016
great people to work with always a team environment, lots to do all the time.

learned area codes for flights to all different areas of the world, and got a knowledgeable understanding on how to play tetris with packages so they don't get damaged on their journey.
Pros
always having group activities outside work
Cons
needed more hours
Data Entry
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-hubert, QCJanuary 23, 2016
- Data Entry for letters and parcels between Canada and USA
- Additional Organisational Skills acquired
- Great co-workers, good dynamic and good work environment
Amazing.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The management and team that I work with are all extremely supportive and help out when ever some one falls behind or is uncertain of certain packages. Overall a great place to work.
A fun workplace with really good management
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
FedEx is one of the best place I have every work to. Co-workers and managers are really helpful specially when you are new.
Pros
Very good pay and benefits
Cons
Hours are not guarantee
My review
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Co-workers were the greatest assets in a very high paced environment, worked closely with sales to accomplish the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing well with customers and ensuring their needs were always met, I learned many useful skills that I can transcend into a new work environment with minimal effort and am very easy to deal with and will always go the extra mile to ensure not just my co-workers are looked after but also any customers. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour days and never having time for breaks to make sure the job got accomplished, being short staffed was a continued effort so I had to take on many roles.
Cons
Long hours with no time for lunch
great discount
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 19, 2015
this job was all over the place basically working in the warehouse to being at the store level and working with different types of personalities
Loved the package handling
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONNovember 12, 2015
I loved working here. The bus didn't go here so it was hard to getting to work. The job is very physical I was working through the Christmas rush. the days flew by!
Pros
Great company
Cons
no busses
if i didnt relocate i would still be working there
Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2015
great place to work- room for advancement - open door policy
enjoyed going to work every day. always something new to learn- always busy - you are never bored.
Pros
environment
customs
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mississauga,onOctober 19, 2015
I enjoy warehouse work/ shipping /receiving. doing customs paperwork for packages going to the U.S was very good. it gives me more experience for what I enjoy most.
As per our moto, to deliver on time it's trully a fast pace business and I am proud to be a successful part of their operation.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
FedEx is best place to have a part time job, as per their operational requirements. Mostly their employees have full time jobs and they come over here for the part time, except the couriers they have mostly full time jobs.

I am with FedEx from last 16 years as a part time employee because I had my own Consultancy Business so it really suits me. Since I had winded up my business, I am looking a full time job.

I have 14 years perfect attendance certificates, never been late and have never sick call. It's a proof being reliable, roll model and be honest with my position.
Pros
Best place to have a part time job.
Cons
Have no extra time to work.
Great job, good hard-working people
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 29, 2015
Its great for students, and there are plenty of people who have other jobs. One of the hardest things regarding my job is waiting for trailors to arrive. The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
get free dinner often
Cons
not enough hours
A great place for career growth
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 29, 2015
Multiple demanding priorities goes with the territory in this ever-changing and competitive industry. At every level from executive to clerical, you will be expected to embrace the culture and learn the "language" of the freight forwarding world.

Without an aptitude for the industry, you will be lost in a world of acronyms at first so you need to evaluate whether or not you are ready or willing to learn more about their world and whether or not this fits into your long-term goals.

If you want growth and development in this industry then this is the place for you. Management will make an effort to continually temperature-check their employees for their readiness for advancement. Training and development will be offered and you can grow fast if you have the desire, motivation and interest in the industry.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with your work load due to the amount of meetings they require everyone to attend. There are many meetings, some necessary and some not-so-much. It seems to be part of the culture.
Pros
Continual opportunity for advancement
Cons
Too many unecessary meetings
Nice work enviroment, start up difficult
Sr. Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 28, 2015
Nice work enviroment, and good benefits, if you start from the bottom its difficult to go up to the ladder, bring a skill in you and it would work.
Strained work place
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 4, 2015
I was constantly asked to do more, while I was being as efficient as possible on the road without breaking any laws. Great coworkers though.