FedEx Employee Reviews

Great company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
Great place to work and great salary! Start at the bottom and easily work you way up with the company over time.

Working at fedex has been like a second home.
Refuse to treat you as a human being
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB10 January 2017
Hands down worst work experience of my life.

Management treats you like you don't matter and will literally go above and beyond to make your life a living heII
Cons
management
Good contract work.
Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Supervisors required an excessive number of collection calls per day.

Co-workers kept to themselves. Contract workers like myself were excluded from the collection department staff meetings.
Pros
I did a really good job on my contracts assignments..
Cons
Required number of collection calls per day was excessive. Had one really overbearing supervisor.
excellent workplace
Assist in the receipt and issue of stock items (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
I learned how to sort parcel for further inspection with CBSA. Worked in a warehouse environment with CBSA and Fed Ex employees, loaded and unloaded freight planes.
Pros
fast-paced environment
Cons
contract part time
There's better jobs
Line haul (Former Employee) –  Canada30 December 2016
They pay you just enough to not quit. Workload increases while pay doesn't. Thier performance increases don't keep up with inflation. You'll be maxed out at 50-60k which doesn't pay the bills for a family in some cities.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
No employee representation
Productive and safe work environment
Cargo Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2016
During Christmas, FedEx becomes quite busy, but we as worker are stress-tolerance and know how to manage that type of situations. From FedEx, I have learned to be cooperative and punctual. Management at FedEx is quite good.Coworkers are very cooperative and friendly. They are ever ready to help. The hardest part of the job is handling big boxes (above 100lbs).
Pros
good environment
Cons
less hours
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 November 2016
Average work
Sort packaging
Fast paced work
Scanning production in and out
Most enjojably part of work are the team memebers and staff
Very friendly environment
Great
Courier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 November 2016
Great, Great. Loved the job, management were great and understanding. Fast paced, however you were given the support and tools to do your job. Just wish there would of been more hours.
productive relaxed atmosphere
Fleet Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
My experience at FedEx has been great, they definitely care about the culture and people. Working here has gained me a lot of experience. My typical day at work would be summed up in coming in early, working on my report and taking care of my daily tasks. There is no micromanaging and you feel like you are able to contribute and work whilst enjoying the people here. The atmosphere is very relaxing.
Pros
School reimbursement program
Cons
Half Hour lunches
Cool
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2016
It was hands on and a very welcome environment. There are a lot of people and they're outgoing. Working as a team is a big thing
Still great but shows signs of decline as industry icon
Senior customs broker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
Used to be a good company but the push for greater returns by the owners specifically the Board of Directors has put a lot of stress on management and the workforce. The introduction of productivity measures, one after the other, has dampened the heretofore great enthusiasm and pride of the workforce in the company.
The PSP philosophy(People, Service, Profit) has been upended. It is now Profit first before People. Sad reality but that is how great companies decline.
Challenging and forever changing enviroment
Ramp Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2016
This is a very physical job and is performed in the elements all year round on a 4 X 10 night shift. It is a very challenging enviroment. Fast paced and team oriented.
Pros
physically demanding
Cons
extreme weather conditions at times
Best employer
Sales and Leadership Sr. Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
Wish I could have stayed here but there were no other advancement opportunities for me. The people are what make this place such a great place to be
Very Corporate
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 October 2016
Working for a multinational corporation with a very high employee turnaround, it is hard to feel valued. There is very little in the way of one on one training and support, a very sink or swim environment.
Pros
good base salary, good benefits
Cons
feeling like a cog in a wheel
Great job to have
Line captain (Current Employee) –  Bramelea and derry28 September 2016
This job is one of the best job I've ever had great work environment awesome benefits great pay awesome management all around the best I've ever had the opportunity to work for
Pros
Benefits, great work place
Cons
Short hours.
Great people to work with!
Courier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 September 2016
Working for FedEx was a fantastic way to learn a new city. I found the people I was working with in Victoria British Columbia, were a fantastic crew and very supportive when help was needed. I highly recommend working for the Victoria branch if the opportunity was available.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Sometimes hard to get days off
Pleasant
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) / Sort (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
A typical day at work is a pleasant atmosphere with friendly co-workers. The company engages in team building events and fun office activities that boost morale.
Pros
Interactive Team Building Activities
Cons
Nil
Not a place to stay in for a long time.
Part Time Courier (Former Employee) –  215 lakeshore blv12 September 2016
First you won't get full time unless you have been there for over a 10 year minimum period. Second, employees concerns and suggestions don't count and don't get implemented. Third, Management only concern is moving up the ladder and do whatever it takes to get there.
Pros
Great for part time students and as an extra income.
Cons
Not a place if you looking for growth, employees are not empowered and heard on a regular basis, Go go go is all that matters.
Fun place to work with great people
National Manager, Total Rewards (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
Company culture is one of the best
Work/life balance is respected
Opportunity to grow and develop
A career here is well worth the time and investment
N/a
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  mirabel6 September 2016
Very stressful job for the small wage they give the workers on the sort (package handler). everybody except the one's who do the hard labour get the credit and the big pay cheque ,team leaders play the role of boss and half the time they can't answer a question related to the job.
I was there for 6 weeks and hated going to work every morning
This is just my opinion and the experience I went through while working for FedEx .They paint a nicer picture then it really is.
Pros
bbq 1 time a month
Cons
too much in little time