FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

great job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
order filler,answers phones,make calls to customers,clean pkgs,and warehouse package slips on pkgs,have pkgs ready to load on the trucks,return damage pkgs
Lost Cost Operation
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 November 2017
FedEx Ground is a low cost operation. That means minimal supporting staff, a small station all responsibility falls on the Senior Manager who typically is the only employee to manage the operation. This includes managing part time staff, daily driver dispatch, customer service, conference calls, on going training, facility maintenance, service monitoring, monthly audits, driver on boarding and management, Contractor agreement management. The station support is controlled by the district and in cases is minimal which in turn increases the tasks and hours of the Senior Manager.
Pros
No District support for station growth.
Cons
The station staff and drivers.
Fun stuff, we were a family
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2017
worked there for one year as a package handler,it's hard job and require a physical and MENTAL ability
This job is not for all, but if you could find a way to have some fun while you're working you can stay there. For it was as a free training.

Too many opportunity for advancement.
It's contractor work
COURIER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 November 2017
The managers in London are great. Whether or not you have a positive work environment and experience depends on which contractor you get hired through. You would be a contractor working for a contractor so you can be terminated at any time without cause. The hours of work are good and there is no weekend work
Pros
Day shifts, no weekends
Cons
No job security. Heavy lifting
Productive and fun
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 October 2017
Was a good place to work but expected back pains after every shift, being a teenager I had to work preludes shift which was from 3-7 am so I had to go to school right after.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Tough work
Nice
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
Its best place if looking for part time with good salary and benefits. Nice job. Good Atmosphere. Friendly staff. Always love working here with people
Fun work enviroment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2017
A great work environment filled with great people you can learn A lot just by being there everyone is nice I feel at home when you are there FedEx ground is a great place to be
Guaranteed work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON23 October 2017
Great company to work for anyone who is ever looking for guaranteed work fed ex I learned how to use a RF scanner, pump truck,a little tow motor to move package from one side of the warehouse to the other,pre sort, reading labels
Pros
Discount on shipping
Cons
No cafetria
Great work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 October 2017
Start the day by moving packages around and helping staff get organized for the day. Then i clean up and get ready for the sort. hope this helps give some clarity
fun place with great coworkers
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC4 October 2017
It is a hard working job for hard working men, great people to work with.Made incredible friendships with total strangers.

It is a great workout for the body
Hard Labour good money
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2017
Started off with a low hourly pay, but it increases over time. You work 5 days a week, there is flexibility in taking time off but it is repetitive work and is extremely loud in the warehouse.
Not a good place to work.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
If you late they write you off even if you sick too they want you to broke your back for 3 hours. The inbound manager doesn't anything always angry....
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor hours
FedEx Ground
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
They pay well, good benefits, cant talk to hr will be punished/talked to for attempting to contact human resources, hours are hard to deal with and no breaks lower management was horrendous.
Pros
sometimes breakfast, health benefits, dental benefits
Cons
rough hours, hard to reach without a vehicle
Great work enviroment, friendly people, and caring company.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
A typical day at FedEx Ground is that from the moment you walk in and you're being searched through the detectors and by the secuirty, you can feel the love and comradery between everybody in the building. When you get inside we have a talk about our goals for the day, do our basic stretches to loosen up and then we get to work. The shifts are only 4 hours but they could always use an extra hand so it's beneficial to both you and the company that you stay for a little extra and the work isn't so strenuous so you want to stay anyways. I always left the building feeling satisfied with my job and importance to the company because everybody plays a role and I was always happy to go back the next day.
Pros
Great team enviroment.
Cons
Short hours.
Overall Great
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 September 2017
I spent 3 years of my life with Fed Ex Trade Networks. I am happy to say that I also still retain the friends and colleagues from working there as well.
As with any employer there's pro's and con's; good and bad. Head office does come up with some unrealistic goal expectations, it is not however malicious, it's simply they're fairly far removed from the day to day to realize how unrealistic these expectation are.
As with any employer, you will have fellow employees who you just click with and those that you don't. It's all about working TOGETHER and figuring out the best way to do so!
The remuneration is definitely decent compared to equivalent employers. The benefits are as well. I did not leave there on bad terms or with hard feelings, I wanted to pursue my education and unfortunately they were unable to bring our office and staff with me to do so (I say this in jest) otherwise I would still be working there.
Pros
Learn a lot, great compensation, yearly raises
Cons
Very busy, can be long hours, sometimes head office has unrealistic expectations.
very busy fast pace.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 September 2017
you given a work are and you have to figure out the most efficient way to get it all done with eight hours.you must be professional at all times. room to advance if you want.
productive place
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON23 August 2017
I worked in a warehouse as manager.
I learned that to be a productive manager is to be a good leader, listen to everyone and an open door policy is a good thing.
The Bad, Ugly and Good Part of Job.
QA- Operations Admin ll (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2017
You learn from every phase of job, typical days keeps coming twice a week with busy schedule but more busy in septemeber to January (peak period), no matter how hard you work only minimal people recognise your efforts and ignore it, they see your failures but not your success and achievements, and the most enjoyable part is, if you like organising, calling customers, prioritising your work schedule and sometimes like working under pressure then this job is for you.
Pros
Great Benefits, Diversity of culture, Good For Partime work for students.
Cons
Will be tired after long hrs, not much opportunities to grow, Management doesnt focus on their employees.
hard work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2017
Heavy lifting and working at 4:00am everyday takes a toll on your body. After two weeks of working I was mentally and physically exhausted. Good pay though
n/a
Courier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 July 2017
the job is great if you are not a single parent.. long hours in the winter months. the pay is not to bad there doesn't seem to be any room for advancement unless you purchase a truck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.