FDM Group Employee Reviews

very productive
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 January 2018
Good experience and productive, got to learn and improve in my skills. Great people to work with and great environment to grow in career wise.was a bit wooried when I first started was a bit over whelmed due to being in a new environment,but the reception was very good,the was always room for learning and improvement.
Pros
various benefits
There's a trade-off
Java Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 January 2018
Pros:
1) Trainings are very beneficial. You will be exposed to materials that will help you in a long way (i.e. popular development frameworks, various profession development resources like PluralSight, Safaribooksonline, etc)

2) Most of the consultants are very friendly and encouraging towards each other.

3) Health insurance is solid. There's also 401k now.

Cons:
1) Compensation is way below market norm, but it's a compromise you make by having very great trainings upfront.

2) There's a chance that your consultant contract may terminate early with the client company due to various reasons that has nothing to do with your personal performance (i.e. budget, legal issues, etc). Sometimes they handle your transition from one client company to the next well, but other times not so much.

3) Your experience here hinges on which account manager you ended up working with.
Pros
Good trainings that are beneficial for fresh grads without too much practical experiences
Cons
Low salary
Big learning curve
Application Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London19 November 2017
FDM was a great place for learning, however they were very unfair and uncompromising to their employees in order to easily claim breach of contracts. Unfortunately had problems with their HR department.
A family business that continues to grow
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2017
I have worked at FDM for several years and very much enjoy working here. Even though it has grown rapidly, it has kept that family culture and the CEO still makes an effort to get to know the people. The atmosphere is young, fun and dynamic. Everyone works very hard but also socializes and builds robust relationships with their colleagues. Diversity is a big part of FDM and inclusivity is one of the company values. The best thing about FDM in my opinion is the people and the mission we are all on to continue launching careers for thousands of people around the world.
Pros
Great people, annual boat parties, regular charity drives, more PTO than usual, understanding management, good healthcare benefits and pizza welcome gatherings
FDM Recruiter
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds18 September 2017
I have enjoyed myself at FDM but the ability to progress and advance is very limited. It would be fair to say that I was mismanaged and had the misfortune of receiving a minor number of appraisals during my time there.
It's ok
Java Developer, Software Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NY15 August 2017
The environment of fdm group office is very good also the trainers' there are good. But the management there is poor to be honest. Also it may be good for you to start but you deserve better if you want to be a developer.
Foot in the door
IT Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 August 2017
FDM is a good place to start if you lack the experience required to land an ideal position upon college graduation. The contract you have to sign with the company is for 2 years which allows one to gain valuable experience with top-tiered clients. However, should you want out of the contract, there are many stipulations and factors that go into that.
Pros
Top tiered clients, Opportunity with lack of experience, Benefits, Foot in the door, Incredible networking opportunities
Cons
Low pay, 2 year contract, contract fees
Great if you're desperate
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London24 June 2017
Training was awful and did nothing to prepare myself or my colleagues for actual placements.
Sales will treat you like a product and if you have one bad interview then consider yourself blacklisted. No attempt will be made to correct the problem, you probably won't even get feedback. Sales will just stop contacting you entirely.
HR are unfriendly and either unwilling or unable to help with any issues.Essentially if you have a problem, good luck.
FDM culture can be described in one word as toxic. I can't think of a better way to describe the vibe I get every time I walk into the office.
Salary is awful for the first two years. Working in an investment bank and earning 21k is completely unreasonable, especially when the client is paying FDM at least three times more than that.

Positives are that you get a foot in the door with clients that you might not have applying on your own, so from that perspective it's great for a new graduate. But honestly, only use it as a last resort.
Worst start of salary in the industry
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 June 2017
PROS
Training is free and industry relevant.
Summer parties are free for food and beer.
Camoradrie with fellow Consultants.
CONS
Account managers and recruiters are sales driven for bonuses.
You never actually work for fdm they just hire you out and train you when their clients no longer need you.
Reduced rate when your back training.
You could go 6 months without pay.
Basic training is average at best.
Pay equates to minimum wage or less if you factor in the training.
You only receive around 20 to 30 percent of what fdm hire you out for.
£20000 debt if you leave before your 2 years is up reduced with amount of time spent with the company.
£20000 can be imposed if your fired and it's not your fault i.e. Fdm reducing numbers because of the job climate.
Train you in an IT role but that may not be the role you are sent to interviews for.
No time to prepare for interviews.
Very little support on site.
Very little feedback.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Good graduate programme
IT Consultant, Aviva (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 June 2017
FDM provides a good place for graduates to get high quality experience with well-known companies. They provide extensive at their academies that give you the confidence to fit in wherever you may be placed.
Pros
Training, travel expenses, great clients, great experience and competitive salary.
Good start for those with no experience
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 June 2017
This program is for people who have no work experience and want to start a career in IT. This is the place. Those without experience don't expect competitive pay and benefits. Anyone will any experience beware. Low pay and no onsite support. The only good part is the high quality placement. ENJOY!
Pros
Job placement, training (basic)
Cons
pay, benefits, support, culture, pretty much everything
really, now
Software Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 April 2017
also a waste of my time, come one, i dont want to do this. you guys are making me do this and this is what you get. there are better ways to get reviews tho
Great provided you have no preference regarding where you work.
Software Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 April 2017
- Great if you have no preference regarding where you work.
- Not so great if you have any preferences whatsoever.
- The training you receive is usually of very high standard.
- Only travel costs paid during entire time at FDM until you start your first placement, so wages are nil.
- Hours required to be in the office during training at 8:45 to 5:30.
- Finding a placement is not very well organised, which on multiple occasions led to me finding out I had an interview in a different city late at night outside work hours for the following day.
- The company only placed 25% of our intake before the 90 days were up.
Demanding workplace
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 March 2017
This is a demanding workplace which can easily take up more time than is paid for. Giving extra is not always recognised or taken into account and free time is a premium.
Pros
Rewarding working with people
Cons
very long hours
A Commitment With Many Potential Benefits
IT Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 February 2017
FDM is an IT Consultant firm that specializes in giving career pursuers a headstart in the IT-related field. You are asked to commit to a roughly 3-month training period before you placed at one of their clientele. During my time there, I learned Financial and Professional Skills. I was trained to use Microsoft Excel, UNIX, System Administration, PL/SQL and Project Management.

The culture there seems very understanding, and it uses UK formatting for Month, Day, Year. Management seems willing to work with their employees.
Pros
Receive good training in valuable skills for the IT world.
Cons
Very easy to get your contract cut; forced to a 3-month training period without compensation
Great company
Academy Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 February 2017
Maintains a family-like community, absolutely love working for FDM. It is just unfortunate that I am ready to progress and they currently have nothing to offer me. Would have loved to invest my career into FDM.
Pros
The team is great
Cons
Not very many extra benefits.
Good learning curve
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London19 January 2017
Perfect place for a graduate to gain industry experience with the top employers within the City and beyond. Training also provided and minimum 2 years must be complete with the company.
Lots of Learning
Risk, Regulation and Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2017
The work life at FDM is great as everyone is a graduate around you. During my time there I managed to establish many connections with people and learn a lot of new skills. I learnt SQL, excel with VBA and finally risk, regulation and compliance analysis.
Read the fine print
Trainee PSO / BA (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 January 2017
Be very careful as after being recruited and trained, you may have to wait up to 90 days to get placed (if you get placed) throughout which you will not be paid. Make sure that you understand all risks beforehand.
Fantastic Training
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 January 2017
Fantastic training and coaching helping me to gain qualifications to progress my career. The office has some great characters and has a good feel and morale. My only real fault is the follow on and actually getting a placement of work. I was part of a course that has had a large percentage not being able to be placed and those who were placed were done through other offices.
Pros
Excellent teaching
Cons
Placements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FDM Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6