FDM Group Employee Reviews

Best and worst place I have worked all wrapped in to one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London7 December 2016
Great culture of work hard play hard. This business is somewhat like a cult and I dont say that as a negative. I've never had so much fun as when I worked at FDM. Sadly the management rule by fear and each day when entering work is one of wondering whether you will have a job at the end of it. There is clear favouritsm towards a certain team of employees.
Pros
culture, fun, work hard play hard, great commission
Cons
management
Fantastic Training
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 January 2017
Fantastic training and coaching helping me to gain qualifications to progress my career. The office has some great characters and has a good feel and morale. My only real fault is the follow on and actually getting a placement of work. I was part of a course that has had a large percentage not being able to be placed and those who were placed were done through other offices.
Pros
Excellent teaching
Cons
Placements
Drill Camp and a lot of favouritism
Graduate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station9 October 2016
It was an interesting experience to say the least! Consequently left due to staff bullying.

A large majority of the successful account managers are related to the CEO.

I didnt not get the impression that they valued staff and this was very evident from the huge turnover.
Pros
Cons
Not very supportive with staff and gradautes alike
Lots of Learning
Risk, Regulation and Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2017
The work life at FDM is great as everyone is a graduate around you. During my time there I managed to establish many connections with people and learn a lot of new skills. I learnt SQL, excel with VBA and finally risk, regulation and compliance analysis.
Read the fine print
Trainee PSO / BA (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow11 January 2017
Be very careful as after being recruited and trained, you may have to wait up to 90 days to get placed (if you get placed) throughout which you will not be paid. Make sure that you understand all risks beforehand.
Great career opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 June 2016
I enjoy working at FDM because it has a work hard play hard culture, where individuals are encouraged to make a difference. FDM hosts some pretty cool summer parties for employees all over the world to reward everyone for their hard work and the CEO always makes an effort to attend. Generally my colleagues are great at all levels (obviously there are always one or two who may not be but this is inevitable) and the multi-cultural dynamic we have in the office makes it a nice place to work.
Pros
Inclusive company culture, fun and dynamic working environment and awesome colleagues
Cons
No 401k yet although they are introducing it this year
Productive and fun workplace
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG8 October 2015
I love working in a challenging environment and FDM Group provides just that. It is a place where you will be stretched and given all you could need to attain your goals. Its equally a fun place to work, equipped with all you may need to enjoy yourself while on break.
Pros
Modern office settings with amazing facilities
Cons
You are tied down to a two years contract after your training.
good company to launch career
Junior Test Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  leeds13 December 2014
FDM is a great company to launch your career within the QA sector , however from my experiance the company do not give you the oppotunity to progress your career futher , as a contracter you may be onsite with companys and may perform well and are asked to take on extra responabilitys and you may work your wayy up the chain of command within that company , when the contract ends FDM then need you out as soon as possiable back on another project for a different company and in my experiance you are then placed back down to the bottom of the chain this can be quite disheartening if you have put alot of effort in your previous role.
Pros
the company gives you the oppotunity to work in may high level blue chip companys.
Cons
you have to relocate if they find you a place.
Productive and fun workplace. Lovely people.
Travel-Coordinator then Client Liaison Support (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ENG16 December 2013
What was great about the company was they wanted you to progress and move up in the company. In my time there I moved quickly from Receptionist to Travel Coordinator to Client Liaison Support. My typical day was extremely busy and fast paced and I often would stay extra hours but that was the nature of the travel role as people would often put in last minuet requests which had to be complete. I enjoyed going home at the end of the day feeling that I had achieved something as I ran the Travel by myself and it was a lot to take on.
Productive workplace that provides training to their new trainees.
IT Project Manager/Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 February 2013
With this organization, I received quality training that has helped progress my knowledge of the vast IT world. I managed to learn UNIX shell scripting, Microsoft Visio, Oracle SQL Plus, and Professional Skills.
Management is friendly and helpful to everyone's needs. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the trainer's helpful attitudes towards helping everyone gain the best comprehension of all new material.
A very good place to get yourself motivated.
Intern/Java Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY3 April 2013
I learned a new language and a variety of new things in languages I had prior experience in. Overall, the 17 week training period was very helpful. You could find help when you needed it and trainers were always available to help you with anything that you needed.

The only down side of this place is their success rate with placing trainees into the work field. The account managers have 17 weeks to get to know us and find us suitable jobs but spend only the last few moments to find this out.
Pros
helps motivate you to learn new things.
Cons
unpaid, low placement rate, low pay when placed.
FDM Group
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY11 July 2013
The FDM Academy helps place individuals as consultants at their client sites. Each client site is unique in what services they need, so interviews are needed to assess the competencies of the applicants from FDM.

FDM provides services in multiple fields including Project Management, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance.

At FDM I was trained to provide Services in Project Management, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance at any client site that felt i met their requirements.
Java Developer Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NY11 September 2015
Not so great pay but a good place to start your career to exposure to the industry and the workings.The work life balance is okay and not the best place to stay and work.
Great Oppertunities
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, London, Glasgow, Leeds6 March 2015
Busy and a vibe of productivity and learning.
You get out what you put in.
Hard work and determination are required.

Great Summer parties
Pros
Free Tea, Coffee and water
Cons
Long Hours and if not working in sales there are no perks.
Great company
IT/Finance Trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 April 2013
It is a great company to start your career in IT out of college. The training you will receive before getting placed is well worth it. The office is also located in an iconic building on WallStreet.
Fast paced
Application Support Analyst ● IT (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2014
Award winning training. Highly recommended.
I learnt interview techniques,
SQL
UNIX scripting
OS Admin
ITIL V3 Certified
Mad House
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY29 March 2013
Do not go there. They are not what they preach. I went to interview then later got a job and was told that I would be placed that never happened.
Overall
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 May 2014
I think that FDM is a great place to get your career started, but expect to be taken advantage of, as 50% of your salary is taken out for FDM.
Nice place to work
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 July 2012
I enjoyed working there. It was a good company and very nice people.
Fun workplace
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY24 June 2013
We would learn of a new technology and implement it the same day.

2.5