FCT Employee Review

One hand does one thing, the other hand does another
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2013
I worked in a mostly part-time job at FCT for 5 years. In that time, I became the expert in my position simply because nobody had ever worked in that job as long as I had. However, I was rarely trusted to make a decision on my own, if ever I was, despite my experience and my excessive education. I watched the same mistakes being made by successive bosses simply because management was always convinced they had to know more than us. But that wasn't the aggravating thing really. The most frustrating thing about working at FCT was that there was a lot of lip-service to various business culture improvement strategies, most of which were innovative in about 1988. But the actions of management - both senior and middle - suggested that they only wanted to talk about change. The best example I can think of at this remove is that management wanted us to innovate from the ground up - vaguely following the Kaizen approach - and we were told that we should be responsible for this innovation. How were we to be innovative? Well, there was a Kaizen quota. I kid you not. The idea was that every employee had to produce two Kaizens minimum per year. Nobody seemed to think that the idea of putting a quota on something does not yet exist was a little out there. And related to that, there was a management veto on such ideas. The former practice resulted in ticky-tack innovations such as moving office furniture around to improve "efficiency" and the latter resulted in most actual innovations getting vetoed. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Pros
Some of the people were nice
Cons
Most things

Other FCT Employee Reviews

This job sucked and Manager was a bully
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 October 2017
If you want a job that sucks away any life you have inside you then this the job for you. If you want a witch of a manager to be constantly screaming and humiliating you in front of your coworkers then this is the job for you. Terrible place to work at. Coworks were not friendly they looked out for themselves and a lot of back stabbing going on... They we're almost as terrible as the management. Imagine the surprised look on there faces when they thought I would cry when they told me I was let go. Instead there was a big fat grin... Avoid this place! Anyone who finds there way into this job this what I say to you... Good luck cuz your going to need it!!
Pros
Free food... Thats it!
Cons
Friendly but heavy progressing place, good for junior developers
Senior Software Developer/Analyst (perm) (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2017
Nice facilities for work, food, relaxation breaks. Management too conservative to quickly change technologies to match contemporary market needs. Very similar to a bank environment.
Pros
Open space for work
Cons
Too conservative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8