FCT Employee Review

One hand does one thing, the other hand does another
Document Preparation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2013
I worked in a mostly part-time job at FCT for 5 years. In that time, I became the expert in my position simply because nobody had ever worked in that job as long as I had. However, I was rarely trusted to make a decision on my own, if ever I was, despite my experience and my excessive education. I watched the same mistakes being made by successive bosses simply because management was always convinced they had to know more than us. But that wasn't the aggravating thing really. The most frustrating thing about working at FCT was that there was a lot of lip-service to various business culture improvement strategies, most of which were innovative in about 1988. But the actions of management - both senior and middle - suggested that they only wanted to talk about change. The best example I can think of at this remove is that management wanted us to innovate from the ground up - vaguely following the Kaizen approach - and we were told that we should be responsible for this innovation. How were we to be innovative? Well, there was a Kaizen quota. I kid you not. The idea was that every employee had to produce two Kaizens minimum per year. Nobody seemed to think that the idea of putting a quota on something does not yet exist was a little out there. And related to that, there was a management veto on such ideas. The former practice resulted in ticky-tack innovations such as moving office furniture around to improve "efficiency" and the latter resulted in most actual innovations getting vetoed. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Pros
Some of the people were nice
Cons
Most things

Other FCT Employee Reviews

Used to be a good company
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario, Canada29 January 2018
Poor management on all levels, too much political games even in technical departments. Pays less than industry average referring on location not in downtown Toronto. Unfair bonus distribution.
Great office with subsidized cafeteria, free tea/coffee. Some nice people
Pros
Great office with subsidized cafeteria, free tea/cofee. Some nice people
Cons
Good Place to work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 January 2018
Working in this company is good for FTE's with average salaries. work culture is good for again FTE's. company do not care much about contractors and management is not much technical. No work from option for contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCT. Our community is ready to answer.