FCT Employee Reviews

Friendly but heavy progressing place, good for junior developers
Senior Software Developer/Analyst (perm) (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2017
Nice facilities for work, food, relaxation breaks. Management too conservative to quickly change technologies to match contemporary market needs. Very similar to a bank environment.
Pros
Open space for work
Cons
Too conservative
Average mid-sized company, little room for advancement
IT (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 June 2017
FCT is a typical mid-sized company. Tries to do fun activities and events for its employees which some people appreciate, but I do not. At the end of the day it's all about the job and your career and for these things it is bad. Very little room for advancement, outside of typical office politics and "who you know", and not your on-the-job-performance. Ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit is not rewarded. I had stellar performance reviews throughout, and was stifled at every opportunity to advance.

FCT pretends to have career development plans, and that they are serious about this, but when it comes time to "put up or shut up", external hires are favoured.

Middle management is ok and typically mean well, but Senior Management is completely clueless when it comes to business. They're mostly ex-lawyers that are lucky to have gotten into title insurance when they did.

Work/life balance is ok but it depends on your Manager as there are no "hard" policies regarding this. Salary/benefits is reasonably competitive but not top-tier.

If you're good with going in and putting your 9-to-5 you might be ok there. But to expect anything else ... you'd prob be disappointed.
Pros
Fun activities and events for its employees
Cons
Everything else
Poor pay, minimal advancement
Title officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 June 2017
Dull repetitive work, high turnover, no job security even with full time positions. Bad pay, lack of hiring during the busy season leads to excessive overtime.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Associate/ Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2017
FCT is a great company to work for The people are great as well as the environment that we work in. I am very pleased with my job and the people I work with are great..
Great company
Bilingual Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2017
FCT is a Canadian company and has a very good establishment in Oakville Ontario.
The team of over 300 people are working hard to make sure every home owner be insure in their new or existing home.

The benefits are excellent and the café has excellent food.
Pros
Subsidery lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Company is great, but management needs a serious overhaul
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 January 2017
I love this company. I was extremely disheartened to learn that I had been laid off. The company as a whole is a fantastic company. The benefits are great and the hours are flexible. Management however does not tend to deal with problems or issues accordingly. This is lower management. Not upper management. The upper management are wonderful and are very responsive to issues. Overall I am going to miss working for this company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible Hours
Cons
Lower Managements conflict resolution skills and communication skills
Great Benefits for all.
Residential Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2016
Amazing co workers, I learned that not all call centers are the same, the customers that call here are amazing, nice, friendly, professional, and they want what is being sold.
Pros
great incentive programs
Cons
long drive to work
Great learning experience
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
The job provided a wide range of new skills that can be developed and learned. Management is supportive. Co-workers were very friendly. Lots of overtime in the summer.
Pros
Available training and learning
Cons
Housing market has an effect on job security
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
Answer calls from irate, verbally abusive lawyers
No performance review feedback from manager. Little to no diversity in workforce. Management poorly organized and often hands down incomplete, poorly thought out, and contrary directives.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Low wage, little to opportunity for advancement, no diversity
fun and professional workplace
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 October 2016
Great company to work for, good staff/employees. fun and safe place to work at, lots of activities like BBQs and fundraising. Secured building and free parking.
Great company to work for
Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakville6 September 2016
FCT is a great place to work, the only reason I am looking for another job because commuting is nightmare.

I had learned so much from the job and management is awesome.
Soul suckers
Speicalist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 July 2016
Consistently overworked and underpaid, underappreciated and never give any opportunity, unless of course you are a 'favorite' or sleeping with senior management....
Great work life balance and awesome teamwork
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2016
Its a very good place to work with lots of benefits and peaceful atmosphere, always room for growth and helpful seniors as well as management and HR team.
Productive and Professional
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 June 2016
Great company to work with. Company with great ethics and rich culture. Knows how to take care of an employee and provides work-life balance.
Productive and Fun place
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2016
Good team and excellent work life balance, good team and association. somewhat conservative but better for permanent positions. Would definitely work again. overall experience is good
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Conservative environment
Very good company to work for, and I was treated very fairly for the time I was employed there
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 May 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at FCT and would recommend them as a fair and equitable company to work for. The work atmosphere was relaxed and my supervisors were fair and reasonable in their expectations
Poor
IT Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2016
I enjoyed working for FCT however I found there was no company advancement available for me.
I am hoping to find a company with more lateral and upward mobility.
I liked my coworkers and most of the management.
Pros
Grill
Cons
Long Hours
very good place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 December 2015
work life balance
no pressure
family atmosphere
flexible
team members are very good and helping
no ego
no politics
manager is so good
lot of opportunity to learn
Pros
gun at work
Fast-paced and Customer Service driven; excellent on-site amenities
Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2015
FCT is a place filled with versatile professionals for all areas of corporate success (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc.) and the customer servicing and claims departments which are the "meat and potatoes" processing title insurance orders for legal professionals are all generally from a real estate and/or legal background.
The environment is friendly and open concept without any offices just cubicles so there is no "us" and "them" feeling between employees and management.
There is a lovely on-site grill and cafeteria and a spacious outdoor patio and indoor dining area.
Employees receive many perks and benefits and are trained to become unique thinkers and to feel empowered in their daily tasks and handling of their jobs.
There is a full gym and change rooms on-site as well as a staff lounge with fooze ball.
Pros
free coffees/teas; onsite gym facilities; good grill & food served
Cons
seated all day on phone queues, many auditor reports, employee work is rated and reports made
Do not work for this sorry excuse of a company!
mortgages (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario1 June 2015
An absolutely terrible place to work, I highly recommend no one works for this poor excuse for a company. First of all this firm has terrible management at the top and it is reflected throughout the entire organization. I was told several times during my training to quote, “Cover my a@#”. There was no camaraderie or team spirit, it was about looking after yourself and shifting blame to other people.

Management was disingenuous and fake, text book fake smiles to your face and talk behind your back. The training was severely lacking, and my supervisor did a great job of bullying me and making me feel so uncomfortable that I wasn’t able to talk to her or ask her questions and advice on how to perform my job. I latter on found out that she only had a high school education and her contract was over in 2 month’s so she purposely did her best to sabotage me by going out of her way to be mean to me and nice to everyone else. When I brought this up to my manager the issue was sweep under the rug and she took her side. Not a surprise since politics is the norm and it’s all about being as selfish as possible and stab your fellow co-workers in the back when you get a chance.

We were asked to do write up’s called “kaizen” on how the company could improve. We were expected to do at least one report. As a new hire I had done 5, and none of my fellow new hires had done one. So basically my contract ended because I was ambitious, hungry, welling to learn and a good team player. I didn’t fit the selfish, pompous employee they are grooming at FCT. By far the worst company I have had the
  more... misfortune of working for and the most unprofessional company. There is a reason why a lot of lawyers refuse to use them for title insurance.  less
Pros
There is free coffee and tea, this is the only positives for this job.
Cons
The list is long, I covered some of them in my review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8