FCT Employee Reviews

Great work life balance and awesome teamwork
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2016
Its a very good place to work with lots of benefits and peaceful atmosphere, always room for growth and helpful seniors as well as management and HR team.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
Answer calls from irate, verbally abusive lawyers
No performance review feedback from manager. Little to no diversity in workforce. Management poorly organized and often hands down incomplete, poorly thought out, and contrary directives.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Low wage, little to opportunity for advancement, no diversity
Great learning experience
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
The job provided a wide range of new skills that can be developed and learned. Management is supportive. Co-workers were very friendly. Lots of overtime in the summer.
Pros
Available training and learning
Cons
Housing market has an effect on job security
Poor
IT Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2016
I enjoyed working for FCT however I found there was no company advancement available for me.
I am hoping to find a company with more lateral and upward mobility.
I liked my coworkers and most of the management.
Pros
Grill
Cons
Long Hours
Fast-paced and Customer Service driven; excellent on-site amenities
Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2015
FCT is a place filled with versatile professionals for all areas of corporate success (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc.) and the customer servicing and claims departments which are the "meat and potatoes" processing title insurance orders for legal professionals are all generally from a real estate and/or legal background.
The environment is friendly and open concept without any offices just cubicles so there is no "us" and "them" feeling between employees and management.
There is a lovely on-site grill and cafeteria and a spacious outdoor patio and indoor dining area.
Employees receive many perks and benefits and are trained to become unique thinkers and to feel empowered in their daily tasks and handling of their jobs.
There is a full gym and change rooms on-site as well as a staff lounge with fooze ball.
Pros
free coffees/teas; onsite gym facilities; good grill & food served
Cons
seated all day on phone queues, many auditor reports, employee work is rated and reports made
Productive and Professional
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 June 2016
Great company to work with. Company with great ethics and rich culture. Knows how to take care of an employee and provides work-life balance.
Great company to work for
Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakville6 September 2016
FCT is a great place to work, the only reason I am looking for another job because commuting is nightmare.

I had learned so much from the job and management is awesome.
Productive and Fun place
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 May 2016
Good team and excellent work life balance, good team and association. somewhat conservative but better for permanent positions. Would definitely work again. overall experience is good
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Conservative environment
Soul suckers
Speicalist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 July 2016
Consistently overworked and underpaid, underappreciated and never give any opportunity, unless of course you are a 'favorite' or sleeping with senior management....
Just a regular boring starter job, working 8:30-5 in a grey cubicle.
Junior Title Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2015
I've only worked here for 6 months, but I hear all the other employees complaining about how they are treated, how hard they are worked, how they are not given enough help and how they are not paid enough. (who is paid enough though?)

FCT has a lot of jobs to give out, but doesn't have much of a salary to offer those workers. The work is very stressful and includes a lot of overtime. It's hard not to bring it home with you. I have already seen one woman have a nervous breakdown because her workload was so intense.
Pros
stable-- they do offer employee incentives. I get benefits and a job right out of college.
Cons
overworked, underpaid, not at all satisfied with what I do
fun and professional workplace
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 October 2016
Great company to work for, good staff/employees. fun and safe place to work at, lots of activities like BBQs and fundraising. Secured building and free parking.
Very good company to work for, and I was treated very fairly for the time I was employed there
Assistant Title Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 May 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at FCT and would recommend them as a fair and equitable company to work for. The work atmosphere was relaxed and my supervisors were fair and reasonable in their expectations
very good place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 December 2015
work life balance
no pressure
family atmosphere
flexible
team members are very good and helping
no ego
no politics
manager is so good
lot of opportunity to learn
Pros
gun at work
Fast paced, fun, growth opportunities, professional
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakville11 April 2013
FCT has a great culture and treats employees extremely well. In this environment everyone has the opportunity for growth both personal and professional.
Pros
on site gym, cafeteria, good benefits, pay for performance, employee engagment team, open door policy
Cons
can't think of any
Poor leadership and Management
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2014
-negative environment
-unethical managers
-do not support internal employee development
-high turnover
-no work life balance
-salary is below average
Tons of pressure, awful work environment, negativity, contract work
JTO (Former Employee) –  Hamiton6 May 2015
Shortly after being hired by FCT, it was easy to see why the turn over rate is so extremely high. They rarely hire full time positions and you always start on a contract. You are expected to work over time without over time pay. if you don't work over time, your fellow employees become disgruntled with you.

The Hamilton office is where I was employed and I worked with the most negative people I had ever met in my entire life
Pros
lunch room, free coffee and tea
Cons
unpaid over time, awful co workers, management that promises but never follows through, over worked, underpaid, negative work environment
Large company, many employees
Title Searcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2015
Worked with the banks to search titles on homes for a second mortgage . Entered all the clients information in data base. Searched for liens or debts that customers may have had against them.
I learned several things on mortgages and customer service.
the management was wonderfull at First Canadian Title and enjoyable to work with.
I enjoyed working with my co workers it was a great team together, I still have contact with several of them.
the hardest part of the job was when there were several people with the same name who was applying for the second loan and I had to be sure and search very had to be accurate with who was the correct person.
the most enjoyable part of this job was working with people at the banks . it was very enjoyable when I did not find any liens ect on the person applying for the loan and knew they would have a happy day when the loan was approved. I enjoyed my team as everyone was very friendly and helpful to one another.
Pros
yearly BBQ with the familys of all the co workers
Cons
to far to drive
table tennis and lunch room
Legal Liaison Officer Mortgage Enforcement (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2014
 Accurately maintained and produced monthly reports for management. Assisted subordinates and supervisors in identifying and resolving problems
 Tactfully resolved customer concerns regarding billing and service maintaining confidentiality as a priority
 Successfully developed statements and invoicing utilizing crystal reports which increased accounting efficiency, accurate invoicing and reduced DOS
 Strong interpersonal skills, resulting in excellent relations with clients, co-workers and management
 Supervised, trained and co-ordinated activities of workers, implemented procedures to increase office efficiency
 Accurately processed and recorded daily deposits
 Assigned duties and examined work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to company policies and procedures
Pros
free lunches
Cons
parking
Fun People - No security
Insolvency Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2014
First Canadian Title pushes to obtain Best Employers to work for - but they keep falling short.
Perhaps it is due to ZERO job security. I watched 4 people get called into the meeting room, who had been with the company for years, who were good and hard workers, get told to pack up their desks and be gone by lunch. When asked, why? The answer was, "Business Decisions."
Since then, (less than 6 months), I have watched 12 employees get the same sentence. Temporary employees, permanent employees ....it doesn't matter. One day you have a job, the next you don't.

But yet, they keep temporary employees working there, one who takes more than 2 hours of 'breaks' in a day. And they fire the people with highest numbers on the team.

DO NOT sign on to work with FCT. Your information is not safe. Employees can have their personal cell phones at their desk, with Bankruptcy creditor's packages open in front of them. No cameras monitor what goes in or leaves. Paper can be taken out of the secured area with no effort to hide it.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
No Job security
bonuses, incentives, treats, carry over all what happend from DMSL
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2013
carry over the work from DMSL
Very busy every day, deal with lots of paper works especially alone with the registration department.
I learned a lot , like electronic registration, manual registration etc.
Management is excellent we're like a family, co workers i love it we're just one close family. the hardest part of my job is when the documents was not register at the right time.
The most enjoyable pat of the job is no mater what happen we're like family we deal all the mistake together. and its compensated what we have done. lots of treats from the company.
Pros
bonuses, incentives, treats (carry over from dmsl)
Cons
end 2 years contract

2.9