Fatburger Employee Reviews

A great first job!!
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
For a first job I was a little intimidated by taking orders serving and making shakes. After a couple of days I started to get a hang of things and started to excel at my job! A perfect job if it’s going to be your first one!
Cons
the worst place i have ever worked.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 November 2017
fatnburger was by far the worst place i ever worked, managment was terrible, i got treated unfairly, i never got off on time and work full time hours and was only part time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
never got off on time. management was terrible.
Day in the life
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
Cooking multiple different styles of burger at the same time, while also adhering to the fast paced environment we know as fast food, getting the food out to the customer as quickly as possible while also maintaining a standard of serving and prepping, food was cooked to a perfection and exactly to the liking of the customer.
Wonderful, friendly work-enivornment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC31 March 2017
Having worked at this establishment for almost a year now, I've come to love the place. While the franchise's owner had recently changed, the quality of the food and service remain amazing. I've learned how hard working in a restaraunt can be and how it can also be very hard on you both mentally and physically. While the hours can be fairly difficult at time, the fact that going to work is akin to going to my second home, to my second family, makes it worthwhile. The staff and most of the customers are all very friendly.
Pros
50% off most food
Cons
No 50% off for Buffalo products (wings, tenders, etc.) :(
Decent and sometimes fun
Dining Room Server, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 March 2017
Its great to work there, the employees are nice and the manager is nice. Everyone gets along and it is almost like a big family. There is a variety of customers who come in all with different lives and they are all great people.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
seldom busy
customer satisfication first
Cashier (Current Employee) –  4th street15 March 2017
* hi and greeting to customer.give all information about staff .and help customer say thanku work every condition. I enjoy my work try to solve problems fast .
Pros
Cons
enjoy the work
Overall, good job and working condtions, but not preferred anymore
Sales (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB26 February 2017
A typical day at work while it is not busy is cleaning and taking care of all the daily "chores" or tasks are required, For example: cleaning the washrooms, sweeping/mopping, changing garbages, washing windows, tables, etc.. I also am in charge of taking people orders, delivering food and making drinks and am responsible to keep that area maintained as well. Managment there is decent, but not always professional when it comes to personal and work life. I prefer to keep my social and personal life seperate from work, but managers and co-workers question and pry into others personal lives. What I had learned from working there for about a year and half is that customer satisfaction is our numer one priority and keeping their needs met. Happy customer=happy job. I'd say this is partially one of the hardest parts of this job as well. Sometimes the customer just can't get what they want and compromising and explaining to them why we cant meet their need is tough to make sure the "customer is always right." Most enjoyable part of this job was the flexability of hours and mutual respect upon co-workers, however there are some mishaps, but it is really easy to get along with everyone working there.
productive place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 December 2016
very busy place
learns how to communicate and deal with customers
Co-workers are great and have very good humour
very enjoyable place
I wish I have not left as I enjoy working at the place and they're like my second family.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
long standing hours
great place to work
Waitress/Cashier server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 November 2016
its a fun environment to work at,great boss,good staff,great food we do serve glutenfree as well.kids love the food.great burgers clean place to hang.
Pros
%50 off
Cons
good hours
Fun workplace
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
I usually work morning shift from 7:30am-3pm
-i usually do the ordering for the buns and stocks
-great tips is the best part!!!
Pros
50% discount on burgers and tips
good experience
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2016
good work place but requires to be fast paced. The employers are really friendly and have good relationship with the employees
Worst boss to have
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 August 2016
My boss was a piece of work that didn't care about his employees. He only cared about saving his pretty penny and hiring pretty girls that he could flirt with while he worked
Productive and Fun working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2016
The restaurant is upgraded from typical fast food restaurant. Thus, The job demands more of an out going personality and great work ethics. I like working at Fatburger, love the environment and it's work style. If you have great work ethic and an outgoing personality, This is where you want to work.
Pros
50% discount meals, upto $3 per hour tip money, The tip vary by location and the service you provide.
productive and unchalengeing workplace
Cook - Main (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 May 2016
not much was learned at this job. unappreciative management and company all together I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad company
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 May 2016
For me, a typical day at a work is when the customers and my managers are happy by the services I provide. In my previous jobs, I learned to multi-task and I enhanced my customer service skills as well. In my past jobs, I never encountered any situation where my managers or co-workers are unhappy with me nor I had any sort of misunderstanding or any kind of fights. The most enjoyable part of my past job was after providing the service to the customer, the smile, and the positive feedback they give almost everytime. That feeling just makes my day and I just forget all my tiredness after seeing the satisfaction smile on the faces of our customers.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Cons
The workplace was far from my house.
Fun atmosphere, hard work
Cook & Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2016
Fat Burger is a fun environment to work in with nice employees, however it can be stressful and not very enjoyable at times.
Pros
fun and nice employees
Cons
long busy hours
Really fun!
Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 April 2016
I loved working here. All the customers are nice and so were all my co-workers. I started as a server and worked my way up until I was able to do everything. My only issue would be that bullying is not really taken seriously. There is one individual who has bullied or harassed others multiple times, but only been reprimanded and somehow still has a job.
Pros
Half off food, fun music, nice customers, friendly managers
Cons
Bullying not taken seriously
productive and fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 March 2016
i am always working opening shifts, i learned how to grill burgers, very cool management, my co-workers are well co-operative and good helpers
Pros
50% discount for staff meals
Cons
Fun to work with and has growth personally and professionaly
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
it was fun working in my company, you are not just working but having fun too with your colleague. I learned how to value camaraderie among co-workers , unity and teamwork is there too. Management let you grow with your own initiative and guide you in your daily routine. the hardest part of the job is when the company ask you for a sale and its not peak season. But the most enjoyable part is when you get a compliment from the guest especially when they<re happy with your service and you treat them very well. It gives you more confidence and happiness in doing your job well because you know that there's a lot of people who appreciates your effort in making them satisfied.
Small staff and many regulars which means personal
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2016
I ring in orders, talk to the guests, communicate with the kitchen and deliver the orders. I have learned to communicate with the guests and a lot about hamburgers. The manager works with us in the store and is really helpful. All co-workers are nice and professional.

The hardest part would be when we're not busy and I'm bored and the most enjoyable part is when we have a lot of guests and everything still runs smootly.