Fastenal Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not the best!
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours, some pretty awesome people work with you
Cons: pretty tough work for low pay, no room for advancement, terrible management, empty promises
Worked for Fastenal for a little over a year.

At first the work was fine. Fast paced, great people to work with. They did have high expectations but as a new employee you learn to love it and hope that working towards these goals will bring some benefit.

Well, trust me, when it comes to this company that's not the case. I was told going in there that as long as we managed to meet certain criteria we would always get a bonus every month. (Was told it worked out to about another dollar an hour. Take whatever you can get when they only pay you 10.50 an hour.) They never gave us that, never once. Even though I know for a fact we all did the work they asked of us.

After about two months I was trained on the forklifts, told I would get a raise for that to. Nope.

I mean, don't get me wrong here. If you want to meet some decent people, (besides the management who seem to have this "I'm better than you in every way" attitude) it's a pretty decent place. But if you're looking to advance at all in the company this place isn't for you. They have an incredibly high turnover rate for one, the management is disgusting as I said before, the pay is horrible compared to other warehouse jobs in the area, you wont get raises and if you do please tell me because I know people who have worked there for years and didn't get anything.

At least you can put it on your resume?

My advice, go work for McDonalds. It will look better on your Resume in the end anyways. If you are going to work at Fastenal though, ignore the goals because what they tell you and what actually happens are two COMPLETELY – more... different things. – less
environement stimulant, competitif et respectueux
Représentante aux ventes sur la route (Current Employee), Granby, QCApril 20, 2016
Pros: asurance collective debile
Cons: trop d'heure
Super compagnie, seulement trop d'heure a faire par semaine et je n'y arrive pas a 45H+ par semaine avec 4 mousses
Bonne Expérience de travail
Directeur de succursale (Former Employee), Sorel-Tracy, QCApril 29, 2016
Pros: Apprendre par essai-erreur
Cons: Salaire
-Développement de compétences en gestion et leadership
-Développement de solutions d'affaire orientées client.
Environnement de travail
Warehouse manager (Current Employee), Lasalle, QCDecember 7, 2013
Pros: développe l'autonomie
Cons: aucune possibilité d'avancement
Entreprise qui oblige à devenir autonome
Journée de travail ressemble à:
Repondre aux téléphone
Prendre les commandes
Préparer les livraisons
Remplir les machines distributrices

Aspect le plus difficile:
Presque aucune possibilité d'avacement

Aspect le plus agréable:
On gère son temps, on planifie sa journée comme on le veut