Fashion Series is a monthly electronic publication entirely dedicated to discovering, showcasing and promoting emerging and established fashion industry professionals in the city of Toronto.
We are currently looking for new Intern Writer to join our team. Please note, you will not be reporting on trends, rather interviewing Toronto’s fashion industry professionals and writing in-depth articles about them. While someone well versed in fashion and the fashion industry is greatly appreciated, a love for journalism is absolutely necessary.
- Researching emerging and established fashion industry professionals including photographers, models, designers, makeup artists, hairstylists, illustrators, bloggers, creative directors, social icons and celebrities.
- Following company guidelines to conduct interviews via email, in-person, Skype or telephone.
- Transcribing minimum of TWO interviews per month.
- Writing in-depth magazine-ready articles about designers/photographers/make up artists and other events that happen in Toronto.
- Submitting written articles before deadline (and sometimes prior to) so they can be reviewed/edited prior to publication.
- Collaborating and communicating regularly with editor(s) via phone and email.
- Attending photo shoots and fashion events in Toronto as Fashion Series staff.
- Minimum of four month commitment.
- Ability to work efficiently within a short time frame to meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently from home.
- Must be able to travel within the Greater Toronto Area to conduct interviews, attend events and/or photo shoots on short notice.
- Be hard working, proactive and organized.
- Have strong attention to detail and follow directions.
- Have a clear and definitive tone and voice as well as a fluent writing style.
- Must be comfortable using social media outlets: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram while on projects.
- Journalism students preferred.
Please email your resume, cover letter and two relevant work samples to Sarah:
This position is also an internship, therefore it is not paid.
We thank all that apply but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago