Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, high energy office
Agency Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 1, 2014
Recruiting, and driving sales is all day everyday. I work in a fast pace high stress field that requires a lot of me.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job is helping out the customers in time of need.
8 years evolved into an incredible education leading to experiences that benefited not only me, but small business owners
Pers Lines Operations Mrktg Analysis Spec Proj Mgt (Former Employee), East Valley, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: establishing respect, trust and working relationships enhancing operations and results
Daily responsibilities seldom had commonality & required considerable time (my own doing due to offering personal cell to agents & staff), strength and abilities to communicate at varying personality/characteristic trait levels. Extensive discretion and confidential nature of handling sensitive issues involved ability to research extraordinarily abnormal – more... means necessary to handle significant service issues when normal means could mean agents losing long-standing customers. Established considerable contacts with senior and executive level management in order to find resolutions for agents and customers. Ultimately, activities gained the respect and trust from agents, assisting in efforts to engage in promotional and marketing activities, increasing production, books of business and revenues, which would have, otherwise, been dismissed or rejected. Working with agencies on an individual basis, increased a team-oriented atmosphere, respect, working relationships and trust. Achieving these results with tenured, small business owners is one of the most rewarding accomplishments! Evening interruptions, excessive hours and intricate, detailed work in order to achieve and assist in their business objectives and retention levels was really fulfilling and rewarding!

Researched, documented and communicated findings with executives when questionable/potential company/industry violations took place in agencies. Trained agents/staff on internal programs, marketing and promotional concepts. Assisted other Arizona District Managers in the detailed submission of agent's applications in order to obtain approval for securities licensing, as well as providing an understanding concerning requistional submissions for agents and districts to utilize company funding and reimbursement for marketing and company approved expenses. Analyzed, reported & communicated agency/district/state/company results assisting agencies in achievement of yearly bonuses. Met, monitored and mentored new agents' efforts, reporting to management to ensure success. Filed securities applications to gain FINRA approval, allowing agents to test and achieve securities licensing. Assisted with agency visits to promote district and company-utilized program support. Created/analyzed/updated & reported agency results, using various company programs. Coordinated & managed aspects of off-site meetings, including special projects & supervising in District Manager's absence. – less
Farmers Insurance is a great place to work!
Large Loss Property Office Claims Representative (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJune 30, 2014
Pros: great team of people, great benefits and nice working environment.
Cons: my drive. it has nothing to do with my actual job - the drive is just wearing on me.
Farmers overall is a GREAT place to work! They provide great benefits including contributing to a 401k and very fair/competitive vacation packages. The workload is high right now, which in turn brings morale down a little bit. It is something that is constantly being reviewed and efforts to make it better are always in the works. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is being able to help others and make a difference in the claims process. – less
Great experience
Farmers Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2014
I worked alongside an insurance agent and assisted him with his duties. I would also be sent around the city to individual small businesses to talk to them about and market our business insurance policy.
Always a great work environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJune 28, 2014
Opened for business hours, assist clients with billing issues and customer complaints.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
At Farmers I learned the ropes of being a great customer service agent. I was taught how to deal with rude customers and make them feel appreciated by give them appropriate discounts with my managers approval.
I have learned so much about owning my own business, thanks to Farmers.
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Parker, COJune 26, 2014
Pros: i own my own business.
Cons: i own my own business!
A typical day at work, I respond to all emails in the morning. Spend 70% of my day marketing and giving presentations.
I am a one person business at this time. I have hired/fired employees.

The hardest part of my job is the pace at which my income is growing.

I love my job. I love people, prospecting, marketing, and earning peoples business.
moral was not good
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Always letting people go for the smallest things, system always messing up
Many good coworkers.
Sr. Commercial Analyst (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: out dated equipment and procedures.
I haven't worked there for many years. The coworkers were great and so were many of the team leaders. However; procedures and equipment desperately needed modernization. Hopefully these things have been handled by now.
Great potential
Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 24, 2014
This had great potential, but I did not like the used car sales approach they required. They also provided no training. It's a cattle call job. Hire ten and see who sticks.
Focused area
Senior service Advocate (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIJune 23, 2014
The processes and procedures were constantly changing to improve customer experience. These changes were mostly put into place by employees. Training is always provided to ensure employees can perform as desired
Becoming paper processing.
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIJune 23, 2014
The position is changing from being an adjuster to a paper processor. Your experience is very dependent on who your supervisor is.
Farmers is not a good company to work for.
Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJune 21, 2014
The pay was not great for the amount of effort that i put in. translating for Spanish speaking people was good practice.
Jobs with 100 percent sales commission...Really?
Licensed Producer (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJune 20, 2014
Pros: quality friends i made who were trying to make an honest living under difficult circumstances.
Cons: near impossible to make a living at and still keep your integrity intact.
They promise you the moon, but unless you are independently wealthy, and can go for a couple of years without steady income....don't even consider it.

I spent the $500 to get the licensing, and startup fees, but when the concept of "100 percent commission only" pay hit me, it was too late. I was in a one-year contract, and had to fulfill my duties. – more... So all the gas, business cards, and business meetings were on my dime, unless, and until I made sales.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are people who will do quite well at this position. Mostly those are people who have relatives already in insurance, or have inherited a book of business from someone who is retiring. But for someone who has no background, no experience, and no huge book of contacts to start out....Not so good. Once I contacted my "natural market," the only thing left was to open the phone book and start cold-calling complete strangers to see if they would buy from an unknown agent. You might get one or two in a night, and it all depends on how many dinners you interrupt in an evening.

They even tell you that it can take two to five years to start making a profit on your business...most people can't go without income for two years...just saying. – less
Fun and professional workplace
AGENCY CONTACT MANAGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2014
Pros: good break lengths, casual environment, nice coworkers
Cons: not many benefits, limited opportunities for growth
I learned how to be assertive and confident with clients, whether it was over the phone or in person. It was great exposure to the real-world workforce; there was a variety of clients, and my job had me doing a variety of tasks, so working there gave me a taste of a little bit of everything. My co-workers were great, and I enjoyed working with them. – more... The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients who are past due on payments, especially when it's because of family hardships or financial difficulties, but this job helped me learn to navigate through those scenarios more wisely. – less
Not a positive for me
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: agents i worked with were pleasant
Cons: support was lacking
My experience was not a positive! lacked company support!
I wasn't pleased with that.
Great environment, great manager, sad to have left
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches close to home
Cons: i left
This has been the best employer I have ever worked for. Easy going, great environment, personable, not micromanaged at all. Did not have coworkers, it was just me and the manager (owner) The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching others what I knew. The most dificult was when the agents needed to meet their deadlines.
Great working environment!
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2014
Really enjoy the Farmers working environment and would highly recommend working for this organization.
A friendly and professional workplace
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: lots of fun employee activities and free lunches, wonderful agents and district managers to deal with, great salary
Cons: lost my job due to downsizing/closure of entire regional office, having to repeat company "script" to the same agents time and time again, a lot of them would say the script right along with me, it annoyed all of us, and wasted valuable time.
I learned how to navigate the old AS400 (green screen) system, as well as the new Farmers PC-version (Agency Dashboard) to investigate policy coverage changes and the impact on customer's billing questions.

We serviced the Farmers agents with policy research and taught them via the phone, how to use the new database software, as well as processing – more... transactions that couldn't be done with the new system yet,by using the AS400 system in our regional office,

The hardest part of the job was being required to take a minimum of 50 calls a day to make the required "quota". Some calls required more time to research and you could lose a raise unless you were willing to sacrifice customer satisfaction in order to move on to the next call to make your daily quota.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having an agent thank you for teaching them how to use the new software to process their transactions. – less

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos