Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, connected workplace.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: free popcorn and couopons
Cons: customer relations (especially when they don't pay their bills)
Dealing with customers can be challenging, but helping people -especially after an accident -is extremely rewarding. The position is open for interaction with customers and co-workers, creating a pleasant, friendly environment.
Great job with a lot of interaction with people!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches!
Cons: no breaks
Great job with a lot of interaction with people!

Plus free lunches!
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Campo, TXJune 3, 2014
Great family to work for, family ordinated company. Owner and Co-workers are kind, caring and very customer service friendly.
Productive workplace with smiling faces
Tax Preparer and Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Southaven, MSJune 2, 2014
I love to work around people and see all customers smile knowing the quality of the work is done accurately.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Independence, OHMay 29, 2014
This was my first job in the insurance industry and I wasn't sure what to expect. Along with property and casualty, I enjoyed commercial insurance the most. Unfortunately Farmers was unable to come up with comparable quotes. The hardest part of the job was cold calling. I enjoyed speaking with the customers
Fun, Productive and Exciting
Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: owning your own business
Cons: time
Farmers is a fantastic company to work for. But be prepared to spend every moment you can building your business. You are in control of your time. But in order to grow and make quotas you must be willing to work late and on weekends. Great support network.
Ok
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no benefits
Farmers is a good company, but it depends on the agency that you work for as to what your work environment is like.
N/A
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, management.
Calling potential clients to offer business.
Assisting Clients with policy needs.
Fast paced marketing and sales
Sales Producer (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 28, 2014
An awesome place to work where your effort will directly influence the amount of income you bring in. Typical work days involved alot of cold calls, passing out flyers and meeting with mortgage officers and realtors. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is being constantly busy and meeting new people.
Fast paced place to work
Licensed Special Claims Technician (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMay 28, 2014
o Obtain estimate and photos for vehicle in need of repair
o Constant communication with customers to set expectation of claims process
o Constant communication with body shops for required documentation
o Assist as a Rover for voicemails when people are absent
professional
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2014
Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile and foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals.
Insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to – more... mitigate risks, for example and renewing or amending existing policies;
Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
Marketing and acquiring new clients.
Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records. – less
Dark old office with little outside customer contact
Part Time Office Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: worked around my school schedule
Cons: no health benefits and no outside personal contact with clients
I enjoyed working with clients over the phone and learning a new software program specific to the insurance industry. The management (owner) was knowledgeable in his business, but rather shy when it came to customer service. Because this position worked around my school schedule, it was ideal for me, but he then changed my hours and job duty to strictly – more... telemarketing. Because I personally do not respond to telemarketers, I didn't feel comfortable cold calling to sell insurance. I had no co-workers save for the other agents, but enjoyed the company of the other agents tremendously. – less
Exciting job environment with flexible schedules
Calling Manager (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay
As a calling manager at Farmers Insurance, it was my job to cold call perspective clients and schedule appointments for quotes to receive insurance. I was able to work from home on my laptop and cellphone along with out networking through social media or meeting people.
Through working at Farmers, I've learned excellent sales skills along with various – more... insurance claims/policies, along with how to 'cold' call prospective clients.
My supervisor was amazing. He ensured that I had more than enough information for anything that I needed along with various paperwork and pamphlets for clients to review to know any and everything available before they paid for anything.
The hardest part of the job was convincing people older than me to buy life insurance from me being that they were at least 20 years my senior or more. The most enjoyable part of the job was comparing how much a client saved by switching to Farmers. – less
customer service
Insurance Agent/Store Manager (Former Employee), Sterling, COMay 22, 2014
Pros: able to learn and show what you have learned
Cons: working by yourself in a office
Awesome place to work. Able to work customer face to face showing the benefits of the products.
Great company to work for.
Lead File and Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: temp
Easy place to work. Clients and associates are fun to be around.
Challenging Work
Reserve Agent (Current Employee), Branson, MOMay 19, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: commission only
This is a challenging position for someone who is looking to be independent. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clientele. The most difficult part of the job is creating sales in a poor economy.
Productive and fun work place
Recruiting Agent/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2014
I helped all agents with any kind of questions they had about Insurance. I took calls from clients about their bill, and any questions they had about their accounts. I recruited new prospects to become Farmers Insurance Agents. The co-workers were extremely wonderful, always positive, and very helpful. The hardest part of this job was trying to out – more... do myself from the day before. My most enjoyable part of this job would be the co-workers. – less
Being able to work with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 16, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: disgruntled customers
A typical day at Farmers Insurance consisted of writing Insurance policies for our Clients. I would check appointments for the day, write policies and take payments as well as cold calling to compare rates with other insurance companies.
upbeat, happy atmosphere
Short Order Cook/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIMay 16, 2014
Working in a climate controlled office building (even the cafeteria) you can still feel the closeness of the 1200+ employees in the building... Everyone is made to feel like a part of the family
confortable enviorement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT (Current Employee), West New York, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: rasonable salary
Cons: few hours of work offered
The first thing I do in the morning is check the voicemail and email, then I prioritize my activities for the day.
We work as team and we help us each other.
the hardest part of the job is when I have to do anything because I like to be active always.

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos