Farmers Insurance Group
1,013 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Provided a valuable and interesting 20 years of experience.
Workplace Safety Spec (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2014
• Analyzed loss data to identify opportunities for loss reduction through consultation and preparing recommendations to achieve lower losses.
• Designed, wrote and updated corporate safety programs including the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, ergonomics, lockout/tagout and hazard communication
• Conducted train the trainer programs for safety – more... managers, committee members and department managers and prepared monthly safety training materials for all employees.
• Analyzed Workers’ Compensation data using various statistical tools including Statistical Process Control to identify significant changes in frequency and severity.
• Analyzed data and information and prepared various Excel graphs and pivot charts to engage key managers, safety managers, and members of safety committees to identify, address and focus mitigation activities that would lead to a reduction in losses.
• Analyzed company car driver data (5000+ vehicles) using control charts to identify opportunities to reduce extensive losses.
• Evaluated and monitored compliance with Federal and State OSHA requirements and developed products to address gaps as well as update programs to new requirements. – less
Total Loss Specialist, Estimating-Supplement CR (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 7, 2014
With my position at Farmers there is a significant amount of autonomy. I maintain my personal inventory of claims from the settlement negotiation to final payment.
The people I work with are enjoyable and the people I work for are very fun to work for.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to balance different customers through the same course – more... of the claim. Everyone individual person is different during their claim process, and some are more difficult than others, but this is also what keeps the job interesting and removes the monotony.
My only frustration is the lack of structure toward upward mobility. I've completed necessary examinations and prerequisites to become part of the leadership team and have been consistently put on the back burner, and why this has happened has not been made very clear to me. – less
High workload with great benifits
Special Claims Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 5, 2014
High claim volume is expected. Depending on the location can be either an excellent company or not so excellent.
Professional, fun, fast paced and intelligent
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: benefits packages, professional working environment
Cons: location of home office
I've worked with Farmers for approximately 20 years. Farmers offers a great working environment and benefits packages. There are growth opportunities and a fabulous H.R. department that truly cares for it's employees. In my experience, the employees all work as a team to reach a common goal.
a very challenging entry level sales position with quotes
Reserve Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2014
Pros: running your own business
Cons: a commission position only
A rewarding position that provided a great opportunity to discuss P & C coverage as well as financial services with potential clients.
Very caring and fun environment
CSSR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 2, 2014
Pros: free help studying for licensing
Cons: very slow-paced
I learned a lot working with Farmers Insurance, My managers were the most funniest and kind people I've ever met. A typical day at work would be answering calls, setting up appointments for FFR's, calling cancelled policies, taking payments and receipting them, filing and faxes and posting positions on various sites and holding phone interviews.
Insurance industry
Producer/Insurance Solicitor (Former Employee), Westminster, CAApril 30, 2014
I was working under an agents license while I was working on my license.
I sold auto and home policies all over the phone.
There are a few fun people doing great work
Program Director for Agency Marketing (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site, excellent commute
Cons: company relocation coming soon will make for a really bad commute.
Great for work/life balance.
This was my first job at a large American corporation and I learned a lot.
The best part has been the people. These are some great people.
Agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 26, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Do not get the proper training at all, and be very careful, they lie about all of the goals and advancements and contracts
great
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 25, 2014
The company makes sure to motivate all of there clients and is a great place to work
Great Supervisor.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: steady schedule
Cons: no benifits.
It has been three years. I am grateful that I was able to have the opportunity to work with this agent. He is a great boss. I've learned many things from him regarding how Insurance works. Although it's a big company the agents are individually owners. So this allows every agency to be different. In my opinion, He does a great job. We truly care about – more... our customers and will go out of our way to help those in need. – less
Challenging and big.
Insurance Agent/Advisor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: well known
Cons: training not as well as it could be
Farmers insurance is a great place for many people who become successful in the insurance industry. However, I realized it's not for me because I love working in the home improvement industry.
Wonderful environment to work
Responsibilities as a Cognos Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
It is s wonderful experience working in here, it was a day to day challenges facing work done here
Business analysis and integration
System Engineer and Development Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2014
Work with the business units on Business analysis and integration with IT solutions that match the industry business paradigm shift.
Excellent Company/Great People
District Manager Training Assistant (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 22, 2014
The job was all about relationships and helping people to become successful.
Strange Job offer.
CSR (Former Employee), Olathe KansasApril 21, 2014
Pros: none really
Cons: terrible upper management desperate to perform
The first flag went off the moment I received a call from the Farmers recruiter offering me a job, I noticed the way she offered a job was different than any other job offer I had ever received before, with a lot of disclosures, regarding schedule, job environment and needless to say low salary that left me wondering if I was making the right move.

The – more... second flag went off during the 9 weeks of classroom training, in which we spent most of our time going over what not to do if you don't want to get in trouble, we spent most of our time reading off our computers and projectors make sure you drink lots of coffee or energy drinks if you find yourself in the lost in the hands of the Farmers trainers there! (there were about 10 different test our class had to take in order to graduate, our older class mates struggled through due to the complexity deficiency of their of their systems,it felt like Ii was back in school rather than a job)

The third Flag went off the moment our class of 30 hit the floor and we began our Farmers career, the sea of never ending never ceasing calls from start to end of my shift, the faulty systems/software there multiple steps you have to take to make a simple bodyshop assignment, the terrible claim filing software Farmers uses, unrealistic goals, to makes things worse you are micromanaged to the seconds, you have to use the restroom on one of you 2 fifteen minute breaks or else it counts against you.

The deal breaker was when the more tenured people in there confided that there were stressed out and unhappy at Farmers, in one particular testimonial I remember being told you are a number there and not a person to the company, the Olathe KS call center building is extremely loud due to the very low and cramp cubicals and to make it worse the building smells.
That's when I noticed people in my class began to quit and it all began to make sense what I though was a weird job offer was for a reason and realized Farmers was not for me. – less
Good job but need to move to advance
Med/PIP Claims Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 20, 2014
Unless you want to stay in claims, you need to move to another state.
Lots of perks for Agents, not for supporting staff
Customer Service Rep/Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Stayton, ORApril 20, 2014
Pros: agents work very hard!
Cons: small office environment, customer complaints.
In general, people are not excited about paying for auto/home/life insurance. I always felt bad, as rates would rise with every renewal, even if there were no tickets, accidents, or claims. Customers would call and complain and although I was sympathetic, there was not a lot I could do.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Nice atmosphere to work with. A good team work. Excellent environment.
Self paced enviroment
Insurance Agent/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
The office environment is one that allows an employee to pace themselves and work comfortably throughout the day. Customer service is top priority so dealing with the public is essential.

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos