Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
professional
Insurance Broker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2014
Gathering information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile and foreseeing clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals.
Insurance companies' policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price.
Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to – more... mitigate risks, for example and renewing or amending existing policies;
Advising clients whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
Marketing and acquiring new clients.
Administrative tasks such as dealing with paperwork, correspondence, keeping detailed records. – less
Dark old office with little outside customer contact
Part Time Office Assistant (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: worked around my school schedule
Cons: no health benefits and no outside personal contact with clients
I enjoyed working with clients over the phone and learning a new software program specific to the insurance industry. The management (owner) was knowledgeable in his business, but rather shy when it came to customer service. Because this position worked around my school schedule, it was ideal for me, but he then changed my hours and job duty to strictly – more... telemarketing. Because I personally do not respond to telemarketers, I didn't feel comfortable cold calling to sell insurance. I had no co-workers save for the other agents, but enjoyed the company of the other agents tremendously. – less
Exciting job environment with flexible schedules
Calling Manager (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay
As a calling manager at Farmers Insurance, it was my job to cold call perspective clients and schedule appointments for quotes to receive insurance. I was able to work from home on my laptop and cellphone along with out networking through social media or meeting people.
Through working at Farmers, I've learned excellent sales skills along with various – more... insurance claims/policies, along with how to 'cold' call prospective clients.
My supervisor was amazing. He ensured that I had more than enough information for anything that I needed along with various paperwork and pamphlets for clients to review to know any and everything available before they paid for anything.
The hardest part of the job was convincing people older than me to buy life insurance from me being that they were at least 20 years my senior or more. The most enjoyable part of the job was comparing how much a client saved by switching to Farmers. – less
customer service
Insurance Agent/Store Manager (Former Employee), Sterling, COMay 22, 2014
Pros: able to learn and show what you have learned
Cons: working by yourself in a office
Awesome place to work. Able to work customer face to face showing the benefits of the products.
Great company to work for.
Lead File and Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: temp
Easy place to work. Clients and associates are fun to be around.
Challenging Work
Reserve Agent (Current Employee), Branson, MOMay 19, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: commission only
This is a challenging position for someone who is looking to be independent. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clientele. The most difficult part of the job is creating sales in a poor economy.
Productive and fun work place
Recruiting Agent/ Office Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2014
I helped all agents with any kind of questions they had about Insurance. I took calls from clients about their bill, and any questions they had about their accounts. I recruited new prospects to become Farmers Insurance Agents. The co-workers were extremely wonderful, always positive, and very helpful. The hardest part of this job was trying to out – more... do myself from the day before. My most enjoyable part of this job would be the co-workers. – less
Being able to work with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 16, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: disgruntled customers
A typical day at Farmers Insurance consisted of writing Insurance policies for our Clients. I would check appointments for the day, write policies and take payments as well as cold calling to compare rates with other insurance companies.
upbeat, happy atmosphere
Short Order Cook/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIMay 16, 2014
Working in a climate controlled office building (even the cafeteria) you can still feel the closeness of the 1200+ employees in the building... Everyone is made to feel like a part of the family
confortable enviorement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT (Current Employee), West New York, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: rasonable salary
Cons: few hours of work offered
The first thing I do in the morning is check the voicemail and email, then I prioritize my activities for the day.
We work as team and we help us each other.
the hardest part of the job is when I have to do anything because I like to be active always.
Hiring information is not consistant with reality.
Marketer and Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 15, 2014
No stability - hours constantly changing.

A "typical" day doesn't exist.

I learn most duties from my (immediate) co-worker and I take on-line (internal) classes on the computer. I have also taken 2 company training classes (off-site).

Management is non-existent :(

I enjoy my co-workers.

The hardest thing is not knowing my work hours...ever!

I – more... enjoy learning new things and helping people :) – less
Not the job for me
Agent Assistant/Sales (Former Employee), Midvale, UTMay 14, 2014
Pros: new chances
Cons: not enough pay, not secure enough
I was not paid right because I was just an Agents Assistant. He was not a very humble or nice guy.. I did learn quite a bit though from working there and was happy I was given the opportunity.
Challenging, Fun Work Place
Office Manager/Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Folsom, CAMay 14, 2014
I would check the voicemail and write all messages down and return calls, check the emails, fill out change forms, courtesy call clients about upcoming cancellation date, add new lines of business, add discounts and file away finished changes. I learned to successfully manage the office alone and to solely train new employees to maintain continuity. – more... The agent was a kindhearted businessman. Most challenging part was figuring out on my own how to navigate effortlessly through many web-based softwares to find, change add/or add clients information. I loved helping clients get the exact coverage they wanted with the best price. – less
Experienced Sales
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Newberg, ORMay 12, 2014
I have been in sales for a few years and have enjoyed much success in doing so. I have 13 years of sales and quoting experience and have good successes which have helped me immensely as far as learning tools to be better. I am great at network events and am in a variety of organizations and am great at meeting prospects and building relationships. I – more... have a lot of energy and I feel that you would greatly benefit from my expertise.

I am looking to change careers to a profession that I can be truly passionate about and will turn into a great career as well that I can be with for a great many years. Overall, I would love to become a part of your company and help it grow into a strong economic foundation of your community. – less
My favorite
Sales and Marketing Rep (Current Employee), TempeMay 12, 2014
Great work place the best boss in the world!

i was responsible for: Cold Calling, Overcoming Objections, Being quick on your feet, Customer service, Microsoft proficiency, Sales, Marketing, Organization, Interpersonal skills
Great Employer
Casualty Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great place to work as a Casualty Adjuster. Would not recommend working as a non-injury adjuster at the helppoint. They are a little too numbers driven.
fun place to work
sales associate and Marketing (Current Employee), Downey, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: bonus', my own office, and flexible hours
Cons: time consistent for commissions
A normal day consists of me making and receiving phone calls, enter data into the simons data base and to increase our clients and sales. I don't really have a hard part because I enjoy my work. Best part would be the fun of talking to new people and sharing about our company and gaining revenue.
Great Small Business Opportunity
President of District & Agency Operations (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 9, 2014
Great for self starters who are willing to invest their own money and time to build a solid business long term.

Only challenge is in the rating for Washington State and the instability of the rates for base products of Auto and Home.
Fun place poor management
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 8, 2014
shifted from position to position. pay was not good. ethics and management were poor.
Great company to work for if you want a career in sales
producer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 8, 2014
Great company to work for if you want to pursue a career in the sales field

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos