Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing educational experience
Senior Service Consultant (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIOctober 31, 2014
if you are interested in insurance you need to look into employment at Farmers. Very driven company that is an absolute joy to work for!
Great Business Opportunity
Agent (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAOctober 31, 2014
I loved having an agency for Farmers Insurance. It was a wonderful business opportunity and something I would have stayed with through retirement. However, family emergencies led my family to have to move back to Alaska, forcing me to leave my business behind. Helping people understand their need for insurance and choose the appropriate products for – more... their lifestyle was very rewarding for me. – less
Challenging position,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaOctober 29, 2014
Quote and write policies, keep up with customers information and make payments for customers. Balance accounts receivable at the end of the day. It's a fast paced environment and changes have to be made in a timely matter.
Position allowed to highlight my unique abilities
Performance Advocate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 27, 2014
I worked virtually and traveled to different offices coaching personnel on how to be more productive, feel important in their job, and to obtain a better work/life balance.

I enjoyed helping those I coached to feel valued.
Job environment promotes independence and most of the team members are professional and good-natured
Marketer (Current Employee), Mendota HeightsOctober 23, 2014
I trust my managers and know first-hand how hard it can be to handle rejection, working in the sales industry. But with the right team members, the day can go smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
N/A
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 23, 2014
Frequent changes to procedures. Very regimented schedule.
Fun exciting city and place to work
Assistant Shift Manager Table Games (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2014
I'm glad I had the opportunity to work and live in the New Orleans area. New Orleans is definitely somewhere you need to visit. Put it on your bucket list. Wonderful people, interesting history and excellent food. Don't forget Bourbon Street. Best two times to visit New Orleans is Mardi Gras and Halloween.
One man show
Agency Owner (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: own boss
sink or swim, don't use you immediate network, you'll have some success at first, that will eventually run out, then you have to prospect, which isn't always for the faint of heart, for a $70 commission on an auto policy.
Glorified Call Center
Office Claims Representative - Auto Liability (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, plenty of pto
Negative environment - constantly speaking with unhappy customers results in coworkers complaining all the time.
Job is unsatisfying and majority of employees are only there for the paycheck.
Fun place to work at.
Contact Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2014
Contacts potential prospects using scripts provided by the agent. Works directly with an
agent. Set up appointments, gathers information and/or transfers calls to an agent.
I worked for Farmers Insurance Group for 35 years, very good company.
Commercial Service Analyst/Underwriter (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for. good benefits, management.
Cons: when company down sized, got rid of a lot of people, including me, then i decided it was time to retire. i had the years(35) and the age.
As a Commercial Service Analyst/Underwriter processed business policies looking for insurance for their businesses.
First Insurance job
Personal Lines Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good company to work for, good pay, good hours, very challenging
Cons: long commute
I started at Farmers when I was very young. Started in filing and worked my way up very quickly. It was a great job for starting out and the pay was very good at the time. I had a few children and needed to find another job closer to home so I could be close to my children. I am still friends with several of my co-workers from there.
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 20, 2014
I enjoy working for Farmers. I just don't like the commission-based pay.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Monument, COOctober 19, 2014
It was a fun workplace with a laid back management team. I learned how to effectively work in the Copy and Print area here.
Ok place to work if you have discipline
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2014
This is truly a build it from the ground up situation. Management gives you a lot of information but also sells you the up-side more than anything. Group benefits are not very cheap or good. Love helping people protect their families. Worse part is being broke and trying to build a business.
Customer Service, Insurance sales (Former Employee), ChesapeakeOctober 17, 2014
Great learning environment with new customers everyday. Learning new products was a breeze, hardest part was working with unruly customers.
Horrible
Commercial & Litigation Adjuster (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible, anything you can think of they do all wrong
Poor management, poor work environment, they grind their employees then fire or force them out
Well managed workplace
Agent (Former Employee), Twin falls IdahoOctober 17, 2014
Pros: i had one day a week off for personal.
It was a good work experience in many ways. I loved working with other people and solving problems. My co workers were knowledgeable and kind. My boss was considerate and responsive about any questions I had.
Enjoyable work environment
Billing Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
*Busy day every day but made the work day go by extremely fast.
*Coached others when needed.
*I relocated cities, and had to leave this company
Great learnin experience to learn a lot from one of the best agents in the industry
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
I learned so much about the insurance field as well as marketing in this position. I am now wanting to switch from the marketing side to the producing side, and working here has taught me how to market myself to be a successful producer.

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos