Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Life as a Catastrophe Adjsuter
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 18, 2014
I am on call 24/7 waiting to be sent to the next catastrophe site, where I will work 10-12 hours/day for 21 days straight (including weekends). Daily activities include: Investigate catastrophe losses, analyze property damages, prepare loss assessments, negotiate settlements, and handle multiple claims daily. The position requires up to 100% travel – more... but usually ends up being about 75%.

I have learned that a small bit of listening and customer service goes a very long way when dealing with distraught and sometimes angered individuals.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to have much of a home life due to not knowing when I am going to be sent out next. The excessive travel would be ok if it were planned in advance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping individuals get back on their feet after a major catastrophe has taken everything from them, and being that single ray of hope that they can turn to in their time of greatest need. – less
not too bad
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), MichiganMarch 18, 2014
Not too bad for a call center. They try to make it fun and lively
very tight working
Test Lead (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 17, 2014
peers are good
more work than schedulded
poor work culture

The hardest part of the jobs should be co-ordination between downstream teams
Ok if you have the capitol
Reserve Agent Program (Former Employee), Newberg, ORMarch 17, 2014
Pros: entrepreneurial
Cons: not much help bad management
Learned some good marketing and management skills enjoyed running my own business. But over all bad experience as a reserve agent no management help. cost me a ton of money for marketing and other business expenses.
Busy
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 17, 2014
Pros: close to the highway and resturants
Cons: short breaks and cost of benefits
Typical day consisted of Farmer's Agents calling in to make changes, get assistance with plans or to re-write plans. I learned a variety of coverages you can have on your auto, home and life insurance plans. Management did not work closely with employees. Co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job was learning the different types of dollar – more... amounts you can have on plans. I enjoyed the team I worked on the most. – less
ok place to work
Customer Service Advocate/Insurance Produce (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2014
The management at the office wasn't structured or organized as I expect it to be
Excellent opportunity
Agency Owner (Former Employee), Reston, VA.March 16, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere and exceptional training
Cons: competive rates.
Great opportunity for an entrepreneurship.
Outstanding and dedicated staff members.
Micro managers
assist customers (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 14, 2014
Required more than what was physically possible to do. Then rated you pay on that.
It's great experience working with Farmers.
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: very good
Over all it's good company. i learned lot of new technical skills.
A great place to learn, but somewhat monotonous
Underwriter (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: stimulated the brain, excellent benefits
Cons: repetitive for prolonged period of time
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls from insurance agents who represent the company. We were provided a plethora of resources and tools in order to answer questions they would have about coverage offered for personal lines policies. The management was welcoming and offered assistance and advice whenever needed. Because it was such – more... a large corporation, there were many different kinds of people of all ages and from all backgrounds working in the same office. At times, this created a conflict within the culture, but at other times it brought people closer together. The most difficult part within this position was staying calm and helpful to all customers, even those who were extremely frustrated. However, I also did enjoy getting to interact with so many different kinds of people on a daily basis, – less
fun and challenging
Farmers Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 11, 2014
great company, I just could not find the work/life balance to be an agent.
great customer service
Insurance Producer. Customer Service Rep, (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: we could set our schedule flexible
Cons: no benefits, not many growth opportunities
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping returning customers. I learned to treat the customers as I would like to be treated.
SAP ABAP & FSCD Techno Functional Consultant
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 10, 2014
SAP ABAP & FSCD Techno Functional Consultant

Role - Onsite Lead
Team strength - 30+
Fun Work to be at
Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: i would get paid to work.
Cons: it was hard to sit in a office for a hours but then you get use to it.
I will make phone calls to people to offer them the insurance. I will organized paper work. I learn to make phone calls and speak to people because I use to be really shy when it was making phone calls. I didn't have coworkers I will just work with my boss but she was like a coworker to me and I learn how to work with people around me.
Enjoyable place
Receptionist (Former Employee), California, MontclairMarch 8, 2014
Greet persons entering organization
Answer multiple phone lines
Provide information to all callers
Prepare correspondence and documents
Data entry, File, Fax and Make copies
Assist with general administratice and clerical support
Schedule and maintain diary of appointments
Telemarketing
Lots of advancement but job security was not strong
Claims Adjuster/Claims Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 7, 2014
I worked for Farmers for many years and the whole time job security was not very strong. They were laying off many of the support staff and that is what I was when I left. But as an adjuster I was very busy and had a high claim workload. I learned so much about claims investigations which helped me understand much more beyond the general claims process.
Fun workplace and very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portales, NMMarch 7, 2014
Pros: very good pay
Cons: when he decided he was closing down the company.
I learned how to deal with customers issues on their insurance problems. The hardest part of this job basically was when their was an accident and the customer wants result right away and we need to help them as much as we can until the case is settled. The most enjoyable part of this job was my boss he was an awesome person.
Very nice workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2014
Pros: compensation
I enjoy working here and love the people I work with. the compensation packages are unmatched in the industry.
ANSWER PHONES
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMarch 3, 2014
ANSWER PHONES
CUSTOMER SERVICE
MAKE OUTBOUND CALLS
PAYMENTS
Terrible employer
TOTAL LOSS EXPEDITOR (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 3, 2014
Pros: listen to music all day, usually friendly co-workers
Cons: salary, managers, co-workers
I was working at Farmers Insurance as a temporary employee. I was there for almost 5 months before I got fired for something that I didn't even do. I was never given a chance to defend myself, my boss at work didn't say a word to me about it and all of the employees in the department turned on me for something I supposedly did. As far as job related, – more... if you can stay on everyone's good side, it's a great place to work. The managers are extremely laid back and hands off, until you screw up. – less

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos