Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a positive for me
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: agents i worked with were pleasant
Cons: support was lacking
My experience was not a positive! lacked company support!
I wasn't pleased with that.
Great environment, great manager, sad to have left
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches close to home
Cons: i left
This has been the best employer I have ever worked for. Easy going, great environment, personable, not micromanaged at all. Did not have coworkers, it was just me and the manager (owner) The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching others what I knew. The most dificult was when the agents needed to meet their deadlines.
Great working environment!
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2014
Really enjoy the Farmers working environment and would highly recommend working for this organization.
A friendly and professional workplace
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: lots of fun employee activities and free lunches, wonderful agents and district managers to deal with, great salary
Cons: lost my job due to downsizing/closure of entire regional office, having to repeat company "script" to the same agents time and time again, a lot of them would say the script right along with me, it annoyed all of us, and wasted valuable time.
I learned how to navigate the old AS400 (green screen) system, as well as the new Farmers PC-version (Agency Dashboard) to investigate policy coverage changes and the impact on customer's billing questions.

We serviced the Farmers agents with policy research and taught them via the phone, how to use the new database software, as well as processing – more... transactions that couldn't be done with the new system yet,by using the AS400 system in our regional office,

The hardest part of the job was being required to take a minimum of 50 calls a day to make the required "quota". Some calls required more time to research and you could lose a raise unless you were willing to sacrifice customer satisfaction in order to move on to the next call to make your daily quota.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having an agent thank you for teaching them how to use the new software to process their transactions. – less
Former employee
Staff (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: benefits started out good but steadily declined because of cost
Coworkers were nice for the most part. Management, in an effort to boost ratings, pulled the original review I wrote because it defined all the problems in detail with management, supervisors and saving money by claims reps against the injured party. Supervisors did not supervise. Any opinions or suggestions not offered by supervisors were not given – more... the light of day. The open door policy is a joke as management always backed supervisors against employees no matter what. No advancement opportunities available. Matrix "raises" were based on how well liked you were and not on production.

I dare Farmers to keep this review in that they pulled the original review I posted.. – less
Was a good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Wooster, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not paid enough
I loved it! it was a really good job. I answered the phones, took payments.
Flexible and Supportive
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: vehicle & celluar exspense reimbursement
Cons: stabilty and retirement benefits
Whether in the classroom or supporting individual business owners; I help Bridge the gap between corporate and sales by working in partnership with agents to help them achieve their vision.
Summary
Agency Producer (Current Employee), Westville, NJJune 11, 2014
Establish client relationships to build book of business in auto, home, life, commercial insurance. Maintain high customer service levels and retention. Currently producing 65-80% of the offices new business policies and ranked in the top 20% of the Atlantic Coast since February office opening. Educate clients on insurance needs and consult on available – more... products. – less
Good company to work for
Licensed CSR/Tech Support (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJune 9, 2014
Farmers Insurance has a great culture and has a way of showing their employees that they care.
Great atmosphere, wonderful co-workers
Admin Asst/CSR (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: loved the job
Cons: the job ended
Busy office, supportive employer, great co-workers and terrific clients.
Fun, connected workplace.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: free popcorn and couopons
Cons: customer relations (especially when they don't pay their bills)
Dealing with customers can be challenging, but helping people -especially after an accident -is extremely rewarding. The position is open for interaction with customers and co-workers, creating a pleasant, friendly environment.
Great job with a lot of interaction with people!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches!
Cons: no breaks
Great job with a lot of interaction with people!

Plus free lunches!
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Campo, TXJune 3, 2014
Great family to work for, family ordinated company. Owner and Co-workers are kind, caring and very customer service friendly.
Productive workplace with smiling faces
Tax Preparer and Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Southaven, MSJune 2, 2014
I love to work around people and see all customers smile knowing the quality of the work is done accurately.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Independence, OHMay 29, 2014
This was my first job in the insurance industry and I wasn't sure what to expect. Along with property and casualty, I enjoyed commercial insurance the most. Unfortunately Farmers was unable to come up with comparable quotes. The hardest part of the job was cold calling. I enjoyed speaking with the customers
Fun, Productive and Exciting
Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: owning your own business
Cons: time
Farmers is a fantastic company to work for. But be prepared to spend every moment you can building your business. You are in control of your time. But in order to grow and make quotas you must be willing to work late and on weekends. Great support network.
Ok
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no benefits
Farmers is a good company, but it depends on the agency that you work for as to what your work environment is like.
N/A
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, management.
Calling potential clients to offer business.
Assisting Clients with policy needs.
Fast paced marketing and sales
Sales Producer (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 28, 2014
An awesome place to work where your effort will directly influence the amount of income you bring in. Typical work days involved alot of cold calls, passing out flyers and meeting with mortgage officers and realtors. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is being constantly busy and meeting new people.
Fast paced place to work
Licensed Special Claims Technician (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMay 28, 2014
o Obtain estimate and photos for vehicle in need of repair
o Constant communication with customers to set expectation of claims process
o Constant communication with body shops for required documentation
o Assist as a Rover for voicemails when people are absent

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos