Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Honest company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: honest company, good product, desirable customers, encouraging management
Cons: it was a new agency that lacked the stability to withstand a balance change in the economy.
I really liked the opportunity they provided, I could feel really good about selling the product because it was needed, and it was a solid company.
Great place to gain experience
Branch Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 7, 2014
A place where you can learn and grow your career. Opportunities to travel and meet new people.
Given a task and left alone to finish it
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2014
Pros: own work space
Cons: management
Great job and great pay, processed claims for auto insurance
loved this job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 5, 2014
clocked in, went to my counter, seen what my goal was for the day, looked at sale paper to see what was going on for the day, put up any freight that was to put up, management wasn't always fair, co-workers were great, hardest part was getting customers to open credit applications, I enjoyed working with people
A place to work if you want to work temporary.
Electronic Indexer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee/cappucino/hot chocolate on tuesdays, wear jeans
Cons: temporary work, unpaid holidays, 15-40 hours a week
Arrive and start your shift, check your email for the count of your work. Depending on how much work there is, you may be sent home early. Management only works in the daytime, so I don't see them as I work the evening shift. My co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of my job is processing one document every eight seconds or less, even if you receive more than one document and have to separate by the Document Type, no talking. Training class was not informative. The most enjoyable part is, listen to your music through your headphones, wear jeans Monday-Friday, no weekends.
Good team environment
Commercial Field Coordinator, Property Restoration (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
Learned a lot. 10 years experience. Good team work and collaboration.
Offered flexibility & the opportunity to create my own schedule
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, TXNovember 29, 2014
This job demands the need for me to be a self-starter, to set and meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals. It has allowed me to develop solid and lasting relationships with nearly every customer, and even non-customers.
FUN AND LAID BACK
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Olathe, KSNovember 28, 2014
Pros: 2 15 mins breaks and 1 45 mins lunch
Cons: long lunches
i love my manager she is so awesome....this is a laid back job. and there is always someone there to help you with any questions
Productive, Fun and great place to work
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSRS ETL developer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2014
Working at Farmers Insurance brings out the best in a person in the sense that it's a very competitive, outgoing and great place to work. Hard work is very much rewards and that keeps the motivation going.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dixon, CANovember 24, 2014
My Agent is one of the greatest bosses I have ever had, he taught me an immense amount of things.
nice company to work for
Commercial Underwriting Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganNovember 24, 2014
Employee apprecitation days twice a year. Bonuses available.
Fun place to work at with advancement
Estimation Triage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: na
I really enjoyed this position. My management team were very professional and they provided support to the team. The training was awesome. Also the benefits were great we got free coffee and food some days and also I enjoyed having my own desk with a phone and my own extension. The systems were ran professional with a instant messaging system to get a hold my management and other workers quickly.
4/5
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work would be answering multiple phone lines, sales, customer service. data entry. A good team to work with. The hardest part about the job is making sure that everyone is on the same page.
boring
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2014
Pros: tutition help
Cons: management
This job was incredibly boring. The hours are not good. This company does have some good qualities. If you like to sit down and be bored all day then this will work for you,but if you like to be up and about i would'nt recommend it.
Farmers need to sell itself a lot more!
Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNNovember 21, 2014
Farmers Insurance Gp is lagging behind on innovative marketing strategies. The company needs to re-assess its marketing strategy! Possibly a name change to reflect a universal appeal to all.
a very productive and fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist (Current Employee), Cypress, CANovember 20, 2014
Cons: no benefits or incentives
The work I did was not difficult but it was a lot of work. I liked it because I was always busy. I always had something to do and my day would fly by. I got along well with everyone thus making this place a fun environment. Unfortunately, the agent I was working for didn't offer any kind of benefits. I was hoping to find a job that offered benefits like Medical, Dental and Vision.
Great company to work for
Operations Manager, IT, Marketing (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 20, 2014
Pros: experience acquisition
Cons: low pay
Farmers is a great company to work for that provides an opportunity to professionals who want to advance, learn, and be in sales.

Management was incredible, very helpful, and provided amazing training.

Left the company with very positive thoughts.
Good place to start a career in insurance
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Elizabeth, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to set my own schedule.
Cons: freedom to set my own schedule.
Excellent work environment for self-starters. It certainly helps to sell a very competitive product in a very competitive industry as well. A typical day at work starts early and ends when you want it to - which for me is pretty late in the day. The hardest part of the job is caring for the welfare of your clients who sometimes don't understand the ramifications of some of their life-decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating my clients in the proper use of insurance and risk management. This is especially true for many of my commercial clients.
Decent business opportunity for some
Insurance Agency Owner/Agent (Current Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: set your own hours, unlimited income potential, own your own business
Cons: lonely occupation, farmers does not have competitive rates, un-knowledgeable company/district staff, unfair practices, leadership does not care how you reach numbers
This role gives me the opportunity to change the face of the insurance industry one client at a time. I have been able to build some great relationships with my clients and other agents. I have been fortunate to make it this far.

Do your research and make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Good luck!
Great opportunities now available in Pennsylvania
Account Representative (Former Employee), Havertown, PANovember 19, 2014
Farmers Insurance offers a variety of Insurance Products and Financial Services.

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos