Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Close Knit working environment
Property Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2014
Helping people recover after their home suffers damages is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not the best experience
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
Experience depends on the local agent. Mine was not the best. Good luck!
Nice place to network
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: nice break rooms, relaxed enviornment, little supervision
Cons: marketing
Farmers was a great place. Interacting with customers are a blast. The only discouraging part is calling complete strangers and begging them to buy farmers way over priced products. farmers does not know how to appeal to its customers, which inturn makes your job alot harder and almost IMPOSSIBLE to say the least.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Department Assistant (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 8, 2014
A job looked forward to going to.
In the 20 uears I was there went from using typewriters to computers and the programs.
Management - understandable
Worked well with all co-workers
Sometimes dealing with Agents
I enjoyed all of my job.
it was an ok place to work
Secretary (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: knew exactly what your job was
Cons: to little time to do it.
since it was a small business that was bearly staring it needed alot of organizing and my job was to work on their financial book.
productive place to work
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Independence, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: heath benifits
I work a great shift 7-2:30 M-F, I work on Auto cancellations, Endorsements, verify proof of prior insurance. I also work on miscellaneous reports as part of my day to day process. I love my co-workers we are like family, and always make it a point to do something fun in our team meetings as group activities.
Great local agents
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Ore City, TXJuly 2, 2014
Great local agents but there is a large disconnect between corporate goals and programs and what the agents is actively a part of.
good attitude
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good work ethics
Cons: hours
Good work environment and great team work. Good people to work with.
Fun, high energy office
Agency Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 1, 2014
Recruiting, and driving sales is all day everyday. I work in a fast pace high stress field that requires a lot of me.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job is helping out the customers in time of need.
8 years evolved into an incredible education leading to experiences that benefited not only me, but small business owners
Pers Lines Operations Mrktg Analysis Spec Proj Mgt (Former Employee), East Valley, AZJune 30, 2014
Pros: establishing respect, trust and working relationships enhancing operations and results
Daily responsibilities seldom had commonality & required considerable time (my own doing due to offering personal cell to agents & staff), strength and abilities to communicate at varying personality/characteristic trait levels. Extensive discretion and confidential nature of handling sensitive issues involved ability to research extraordinarily abnormal – more... means necessary to handle significant service issues when normal means could mean agents losing long-standing customers. Established considerable contacts with senior and executive level management in order to find resolutions for agents and customers. Ultimately, activities gained the respect and trust from agents, assisting in efforts to engage in promotional and marketing activities, increasing production, books of business and revenues, which would have, otherwise, been dismissed or rejected. Working with agencies on an individual basis, increased a team-oriented atmosphere, respect, working relationships and trust. Achieving these results with tenured, small business owners is one of the most rewarding accomplishments! Evening interruptions, excessive hours and intricate, detailed work in order to achieve and assist in their business objectives and retention levels was really fulfilling and rewarding!

Researched, documented and communicated findings with executives when questionable/potential company/industry violations took place in agencies. Trained agents/staff on internal programs, marketing and promotional concepts. Assisted other Arizona District Managers in the detailed submission of agent's applications in order to obtain approval for securities licensing, as well as providing an understanding concerning requistional submissions for agents and districts to utilize company funding and reimbursement for marketing and company approved expenses. Analyzed, reported & communicated agency/district/state/company results assisting agencies in achievement of yearly bonuses. Met, monitored and mentored new agents' efforts, reporting to management to ensure success. Filed securities applications to gain FINRA approval, allowing agents to test and achieve securities licensing. Assisted with agency visits to promote district and company-utilized program support. Created/analyzed/updated & reported agency results, using various company programs. Coordinated & managed aspects of off-site meetings, including special projects & supervising in District Manager's absence. – less
Farmers Insurance is a great place to work!
Large Loss Property Office Claims Representative (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJune 30, 2014
Pros: great team of people, great benefits and nice working environment.
Cons: my drive. it has nothing to do with my actual job - the drive is just wearing on me.
Farmers overall is a GREAT place to work! They provide great benefits including contributing to a 401k and very fair/competitive vacation packages. The workload is high right now, which in turn brings morale down a little bit. It is something that is constantly being reviewed and efforts to make it better are always in the works. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is being able to help others and make a difference in the claims process. – less
Great experience
Farmers Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2014
I worked alongside an insurance agent and assisted him with his duties. I would also be sent around the city to individual small businesses to talk to them about and market our business insurance policy.
Always a great work environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJune 28, 2014
Opened for business hours, assist clients with billing issues and customer complaints.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
At Farmers I learned the ropes of being a great customer service agent. I was taught how to deal with rude customers and make them feel appreciated by give them appropriate discounts with my managers approval.
I have learned so much about owning my own business, thanks to Farmers.
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Parker, COJune 26, 2014
Pros: i own my own business.
Cons: i own my own business!
A typical day at work, I respond to all emails in the morning. Spend 70% of my day marketing and giving presentations.
I am a one person business at this time. I have hired/fired employees.

The hardest part of my job is the pace at which my income is growing.

I love my job. I love people, prospecting, marketing, and earning peoples business.
moral was not good
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Always letting people go for the smallest things, system always messing up
Many good coworkers.
Sr. Commercial Analyst (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: out dated equipment and procedures.
I haven't worked there for many years. The coworkers were great and so were many of the team leaders. However; procedures and equipment desperately needed modernization. Hopefully these things have been handled by now.
Great potential
Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 24, 2014
This had great potential, but I did not like the used car sales approach they required. They also provided no training. It's a cattle call job. Hire ten and see who sticks.
Focused area
Senior service Advocate (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIJune 23, 2014
The processes and procedures were constantly changing to improve customer experience. These changes were mostly put into place by employees. Training is always provided to ensure employees can perform as desired

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos