Farmers Insurance Group
1,208 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, challenging environment with many opportunities
Field Claim Representative- Property Claims (Current Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexibility in schedule, compensation
Cons: difficult work/life balance
Farmers claims is a great place to work for variety in the day and continually new situations to adapt to and figure out. There is good interaction with customers and considerable flexibility with the work day and appointments for claims. Claims representatives have the ability to treat their job as their own business to manage to produce the results they want. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictable nature of claims. Some weeks will require 40 hours of work and the next 60 or more based on volume, staffing and the needs of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with customers and the opportunity to have a positive impact on what is normally a difficult and sometimes stressful experience of having damage to their home. I have learned how to be flexible, manage my time, and to adapt to change readily.
Overall good place to work, if customer service is your passion
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee), PlantationJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
Farmers/Bristol West Has great benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401k, health, dental etc. They have poor management and they come across as you only being a number. Its not a comfortable work environment. No morale. Within the job itself you do get the opportunity to own your call and make decisions. Co-workers are great as well. They want you to be almost robot like and its impossible to do so. They watch your numbers, call time, call intake, aux usage, hold time etc. Micro management at its finest. They do have fun activities to try and guild morale, it works for some.
Auto I
Senior Auto (Former Employee), Stafford, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: work
Cons: breaks
Review and estimate claims on a daily basis, handle rental, service the customer and issue payment. Holidays off and weekends off
CR (Current Employee), IllinoisJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, great management staff
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to work where I was able to sharpen my leadership skills and I was able to grow both individually and professionally.
fun and friendly place to work
Office Manager, Insurance Sales (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2014
I am the only employee for a Farmers agent and handle the office while the agent is away. I handle all the taxes for the agency and the payroll.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with mean and nasty clients.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in their time of need.
Great Entrepreneurial experience
Captive agency owner (Former Employee), Kansas City, KansasDecember 29, 2014
I learned how to manage my agency from the most minimal jobs like taking a payment to consolidating my accounts at the end of the day. I learned how to handle my own human resource problems. I learned the hiring process on my own. I enjoyed my job at the agency except that I was looking for a more flexible schedule.
PRODUCTIVE COMPANY WITH A GREAT CREW
PROJECT MANAGER - MARKETING MANAGER SPECIALIST (Former Employee), PLEASANTON CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: company car/gas card
Cons: no balance. always working.
OVERALL THE COMPANY IS GREAT, BUT THE MANAGEMENT NEEDED SOME HELP WITH DIRECTION AND LEADERSHIP.
Productive and busy work environment
CSA and Data entry Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 28, 2014
Pros: multi training, paid schooling for job orientated skills
Cons: management
Farmers was a large stepping stone and very knowledge learning job. The hours were long at times but the environment was a good one.
Training could have been more structured
Captive Agent (Former Employee), Mason, OHDecember 28, 2014
Cold calling to produce a client list. Co-workers was a joy to work with.
Professional work environment
Front Desk/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 27, 2014
Providing customers with the highest level of service to their needs. Greeting and handling inquiries from the public. Responsible for answering and routing calls in a timely manner. Filing, scanning, and faxing documents while keeping office organized. Receiving payments, and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
Insurance Producer
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJDecember 23, 2014
Finding our own leads and closing as much new business as possible.
Fun Work Environment
Agency Marketer (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXDecember 22, 2014
My co-workers were fantastic and my manager was awesome. Work environment and work culture is great. Loved working for them. Many ways to grow in the company. Would work for them again.
Well Structured Agency
Agency Producer and CSR (Current Employee), Springfield, MODecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, hours, wages
Working for my parent's agency has been a very positive thing for me. Since it was started back in the early 90's it has grown to over 3000 PIF (policies in force). With that volume of customers, I was able to gain experience addressing a variety of customers needs as well as developing knowledge of the different products.
Seeking Greater Opptys
Financial Advisor, Insurance Broker, Estate Plans (Current Employee), Avondale, AZDecember 21, 2014
Select opportunities may be available for credible candidates. There are some excellent leaders and managers. There are tenured executives in the company who are not productive or competent.
Farmers
Farmers Insurance (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 21, 2014
I worked about 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Electronically indexing emails, faxes, and paper documents that came in our system. We had to get them filed in a timely and correct manner.
Insurance Group
Customer service supervisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2014
Pros: very educational on insurance
Cons: hard work
Worked in several departments and learned a lot about all types of insurance
Company with good intentions and a good heart
Field Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 19, 2014
Company with good intentions and a good heart. As any large corporation the size equates to more guidelines.
Fun place to work, just not always working for personal life.
Customer Care Advocate II (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: always showing appreciation.
Cons: late hours working, i am an early morning person.
A typical day at work is answering the phones to assist a customer, this may include giving a quote, breaking down a bill, making changes on a policy, explaining the coverages on a policy, making billing adjustments on a policy.

Always the opporunity to learn something new, our system has updates on a weekly always having to read and stay up on the changes.

When you get a call and it is really nothing you can do to help that customer due to certain issues or problems.

When you finish a call and you know you have given the best to that customer.
Fun Environment
Quoter/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good boss
Cons: sales
Good at working around a flexible schedule. Work is repetitive.
You get what you give
Insurance Reserve Agent (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: potencial for success
Cons: no guarantees
Insurance is hard work with no guarantees. It is a lot of work to establish your client network, get your licenses and to hit your goal. The Idea sounds simple but there is a reason everyone's not a millionaire it a lot of work with no pay in the beginning with the hope that you make money to pay the bills and will start to become established. Its a lot of work with no guarantees.

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos