Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Underwriting Assistant - Personal Lines (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2014
I enjoy my job, this isn't my career path however they have been very supportive while I return to University to further my education.
Start up business
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: set your own schedule
Cons: start up costs
Managing customer accounts, sales, sales calls, cold calls. Inspecting insurance needs & risk management
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Nice atmosphere to work with. A good team work. Excellent environment.
Self paced enviroment
Insurance Agent/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
The office environment is one that allows an employee to pace themselves and work comfortably throughout the day. Customer service is top priority so dealing with the public is essential.
Helping people
Administrative Assistant/CSR/ License Rep (Former Employee), Sterling, COApril 15, 2014
Pros: job was given to me when i didn't have anyother avenue.
Cons: really don't like being pushy sells person
Opening the office, answering phone calls and answering questions about billing. Had to learn a lot about billing. Management was gone quit a bit and had to learn a lot on my own. Hardest part of the job was having to take my insurance license test over again because it had lapsed. Just enjoyed helping those who needed extra help trying to figure out – more... what was being offered to them. – less
Flexible but demanding workload
Senior Field Claims Representative (Current Employee), fremont caApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexible, customer oriented
Cons: workload, unhappy customers
A typical day at work is looking at two claims a day. Writing repair estimates for damage to interior, exterior, roof. After and inbetween inspection there are invoices, bid comparisons, and reports that have to be worked on from priors claims. Mostly in the beginning of the week but also throughout the week you receive new claims that you have to schedule. – more... This is where the flexibility part comes in where you can schedule your own appointments based on your workload. – less
Great new carreer
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: limited growth opportunities
A typical day for me involved meeting with clients, assessing their insurance needs, going to networking events, conducting classes about home insurance for new homeowners in partnership with local agencies.

I learned all about the insurance industry. Plus, I received my license in Property and Casualty.

The management in the last office I worked – more... for was great!

I enjoyed interacting with my co-workers and developed good friendships.

The most difficult part of my job, was the lack of growth opportunities, unless I wanted to open my own agency.

I truly enjoyed learning a new career and assessing the true needs for my clients, plus creating a strong client base. – less
Productive place to work
LIFE & FINANCIAL SERVICES MARKETING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: salary
Love co-workers its like a family. There was a lot of change last year and the work environment is stabilizing.
Prefered in person
Customer Service Representative/ Marketer (Current Employee), Thornton, COApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexable with schedule
Cons: minimal advancement, not challenging, low wages with no benetifts.
Due to personal conflict I would prefer to discuss my experience with this company in person if pertaining to a career opportunity.
great atmosphere
Recruiter (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 10, 2014
Pros: work from home office
Cons: pay is low
I currently work for Farmers Insurance, it is a very ethical company with great employees. I would recommend the sales agent position to anyone with great sales ability and looking for a long term career.
You get what you put in
Sales (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: create your own work hours
Cons: 100% commission based
This is commission based so you earn based on how productive you are. Teaches you how to be hungry and work hard to earn your compensation. Hardest part of the job is making yourself stand out so you can close the sale.
Very nice office to work
Agency Producer (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVApril 7, 2014
A typical day would start with following up on previous policies that were turned in. I would then begin with some cold calling, call backs and appointment setting. Afternoons were used for out in the field operations. For example, meeting clients from set appointment, meeting sales agents from auto dealerships or in general interactions with the public – more... such as the DMV. – less
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2014
• Followed Agile Iterative development approach and was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle.
• Analyzed the existing business requirements documents to review functional and detail design specification of the application.
• Communicated extensively with clients and different levels of management to identify new requirements, use – more... cases and to develop functional and technical specifications.
• Conducted Gap Analysis and developed data relationships diagrams to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system.
• Conducted JAD Sessions to resolve open issues, change requests and most importantly, to facilitate identification and development of an architectural solution.
• Collaborated with the design and development teams to create effective design strategies, monitored the development of the system and ensured compliance with quality standards and client specifications.
• Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
• Conducted GAP analysis sessions to identify the gaps between existing reporting applications, and derive requirements for a standardized process flow.
• Worked with IT technical team to develop Functional Specification from different BR documents and Use Case documents
• Used MS Visio to model activities and data flow process in the business and make them more understandable to developers and architects.
• Provided production support for reporting databases and reviewed change requests
• Identified and documented issues, risks, gaps, descriptions, impacts and provided recommendations and alternatives to re-engineer the current processes
• Developed the business and functional requirements specification that describes and prioritizes the requirements.
• Worked in conjunction with the PM to ensure smooth development cycle and developed defect reports, while meeting with developers, outlining defects found in the system.
• Acted as a liaison between Reuters Development and the business vendors. – less
QA Tester
QA Tester (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2014
• Using Agile/ Scrum methodologies, analyzed System Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and design documents.
• Developed Test cases and Test data scenarios based on the User stories and acceptance criteria’s that have been uploaded and performed Manual as well as Automation Testing for major functional areas.
 – more... Responsible for creating Daily/weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
• Writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database updates, inserts and deletions etc., of the records, and validate them.
• Helped offshore team in preparing and execution of test cases based on Functional and Business Requirements documents as well as prepared the RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix).
• Involved in compatibility testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
• Responsible for the developing Test scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Functional and Regression Testing.
• Converted manual tests to automated test scripts using QTP and enhanced the scripts by adding user defined functions in VB script
• Conducted quality assurance reviews and developed test plan and test scripts in SQL to validate data warehouse designed to process agency management systems.
• UAT testing performed along with call center managers to make sure that application meets their requirements.
• Performed initial smoke testing to determine if the product was stable enough to withstand a major testing effort.
• Performed Back End Testing using SQL Queries
• Created and filed various office documentation using MS Office applications.
• Regularly following up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing. – less
high call volume
Expiditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: poor trainers
Help customer from start to finish with auto repairs after accident
Good Place to Work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, and a great boss
Cons: salary is too low
Overall a great place to work, but I feel I'm underpaid. I've gained alot more experience at Farmers. The work environment is pleasing. I enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of my job right now it trying to advance within the company.
Although right now, with the changes that are happening, I feel there may be jobs cuts coming shortly.
Family orientated
Agent Producer (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: always understanding of your problems
Cons: health insurance
I learned to be able to understand and help the Hispanic community
Hard working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no over time pay
I worked in Farmers Insurance Agency as office assistant. I covered auto, home, life and health insurance customer services. The Company culture was very competitive, which lead to high standard customer service performance as the basic requirement. I took the daily duties as challenges and completed my assignments before I left the office. The co-workers – more... were supportive. The hardest part of the job was providing excelent customer services without lossing control of maners. The most enjoyable part of the job was counselting customers with professional insurance knowledges. – less
My job has adopted many different functions of the Insurance business on the agent and district level.
Marketing Associate Intern (Current Employee), Eagan, MN & West St Paul, MNApril 4, 2014
 Analyzed and interpreted data to select prospective leads, and constructed direct marketing materials for potential clients, while collaborating with over 20 agents
 Prepared marketing materials in the following mediums: direct mail, email, and social media
 Trained new employees by teaching them the capabilities and navigation of the company's – more... software
 Was responsible for improving efficiency of a team of interns while completing daily marketing tasks, which developed multitasking skills in a fast-paced work environment
 Managed several agents' databases simultaneously, while maintaining constant communication regarding their marketing preferences – less
The system is very nice.
EIH Expeditor (Current Employee), Olathe, KSApril 2, 2014
I picked up some well needed experience here. This is the perfect job to help me get back into the flow of working again.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos