Farmers Insurance Group
1,158 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Underwriting Assistant - Personal Lines (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2014
I enjoy my job, this isn't my career path however they have been very supportive while I return to University to further my education.
Productive, Fun and great place to work
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSRS ETL developer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2014
Working at Farmers Insurance brings out the best in a person in the sense that it's a very competitive, outgoing and great place to work. Hard work is very much rewards and that keeps the motivation going.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Dixon, CANovember 24, 2014
My Agent is one of the greatest bosses I have ever had, he taught me an immense amount of things.
nice company to work for
Commercial Underwriting Advocate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganNovember 24, 2014
Employee apprecitation days twice a year. Bonuses available.
Fun place to work at with advancement
Estimation Triage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: na
I really enjoyed this position. My management team were very professional and they provided support to the team. The training was awesome. Also the benefits were great we got free coffee and food some days and also I enjoyed having my own desk with a phone and my own extension. The systems were ran professional with a instant messaging system to get – more... a hold my management and other workers quickly. – less
4/5
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work would be answering multiple phone lines, sales, customer service. data entry. A good team to work with. The hardest part about the job is making sure that everyone is on the same page.
boring
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2014
Pros: tutition help
Cons: management
This job was incredibly boring. The hours are not good. This company does have some good qualities. If you like to sit down and be bored all day then this will work for you,but if you like to be up and about i would'nt recommend it.
Farmers need to sell itself a lot more!
Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNNovember 21, 2014
Farmers Insurance Gp is lagging behind on innovative marketing strategies. The company needs to re-assess its marketing strategy! Possibly a name change to reflect a universal appeal to all.
a very productive and fun place to work in
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist (Current Employee), Cypress, CANovember 20, 2014
Cons: no benefits or incentives
The work I did was not difficult but it was a lot of work. I liked it because I was always busy. I always had something to do and my day would fly by. I got along well with everyone thus making this place a fun environment. Unfortunately, the agent I was working for didn't offer any kind of benefits. I was hoping to find a job that offered benefits – more... like Medical, Dental and Vision. – less
Great company to work for
Operations Manager, IT, Marketing (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 20, 2014
Pros: experience acquisition
Cons: low pay
Farmers is a great company to work for that provides an opportunity to professionals who want to advance, learn, and be in sales.

Management was incredible, very helpful, and provided amazing training.

Left the company with very positive thoughts.
Good place to start a career in insurance
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Elizabeth, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to set my own schedule.
Cons: freedom to set my own schedule.
Excellent work environment for self-starters. It certainly helps to sell a very competitive product in a very competitive industry as well. A typical day at work starts early and ends when you want it to - which for me is pretty late in the day. The hardest part of the job is caring for the welfare of your clients who sometimes don't understand the – more... ramifications of some of their life-decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating my clients in the proper use of insurance and risk management. This is especially true for many of my commercial clients. – less
Decent business opportunity for some
Insurance Agency Owner/Agent (Current Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: set your own hours, unlimited income potential, own your own business
Cons: lonely occupation, farmers does not have competitive rates, un-knowledgeable company/district staff, unfair practices, leadership does not care how you reach numbers
This role gives me the opportunity to change the face of the insurance industry one client at a time. I have been able to build some great relationships with my clients and other agents. I have been fortunate to make it this far.

Do your research and make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. Good luck!
Great opportunities now available in Pennsylvania
Account Representative (Former Employee), Havertown, PANovember 19, 2014
Farmers Insurance offers a variety of Insurance Products and Financial Services.
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Pros: tuition assitance
Love the fact that Farmers had tuition assistance. Great bunch of people that work for this company and the management treats you like family.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Repersenative (Current Employee), Maumee, ohNovember 18, 2014
Been there here a over a year great environment to work in. Have no co worker actually work the agent. Enjoy working there.
Great benefits
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2014
Farmers pays well and offers great healthcare benefits. Good job security: average tenure is 15+ years. Nice and modern facilities in new corporate location in Woodland Hills.
Not enjoyable
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 18, 2014
Pay is very low compared to other insurance companies and a constant revolving door of employees. Very little job security as management tries to encourage better work product by scaring you that you'll be fired if you do not perform better.
Was able to become a insurance producer
customer service rep and insurance producer (Former Employee), Flosmoor, ILNovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed being able to help clients with their ionsurance needs
Typical call center attitude.
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay for a call center
Cons: stress due to productivity requirements. 3 minute phone calls!!
This is a typical call center. Get the call, answer the question as quickly as possible, move on to next call. Everything timed. Everything recorded. Lot of stress.
learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax,VANovember 14, 2014
Cons: short break
I've learned how to deal with different kinds of people, and how to manage some difficult situations. other than the agent who didn't know how to make a distinction between official and private matters, I've earned my experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos