Farmers Insurance Group
1,051 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Underwriting Assistant - Personal Lines (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2014
I enjoy my job, this isn't my career path however they have been very supportive while I return to University to further my education.
Recruiting anyone that breaths
RESERVE FIELD MANAGER (Former Employee), TennesseeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: poor business practices
Very frustrating experience when they sell you on a management position and it turns out to be 100% recruiting new agents for a position that is advertised as a management position. Told to be vague in prospecting to get them in the office to educate them on what the job really is.
It really is a great place to work
District Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2014
Pros: very easy bosses to work with, allowed me to have a flexible schedule.
Cons: there were no cons
When I was working at Farmers, I was treated like a person! My boss always allowed me to make suggestions and to try them out. If they worked, great! If not, it was ok!
It differs from agency to agency
Business Developer (Former Employee), Newark, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: knowledge and building a tough skin when dealing with people
Cons: no benefits, micro-management.
A typical day at work included answering and making lots of cold calls and brainstorming trying to expand business. I did learn lots of marketing tactics and new ways of using social media for marketing purposes. Management was very pressuring, lots of micro-managing. No coworkers.
Agency Business Consultant
Agency Business Consultant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 25, 2014
Coach, mentor and advise insurance agents to implement new company distribution system to promote agency grow and increase profitability.
Busy
CSR/Sales (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: handle extremely temperamental people
As i worked here the pay was way to low for what i was doing. I was busy ever since the first day. All of my lunches were deducted from my pay.
Family oriented workplace
Service Advocate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2014
Enjoyable environment, fast-paced call center. I really enjoyed working for Farmers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, not only employees, but the customers.
Business Environment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2014
Being your own boss is always nice. In this job I was able to work the hours I wanted and work as hard as I wanted.
Very people oriented and flexable
Manager, Marketing & Sales (Former Employee), Fairfield OHIOAugust 21, 2014
Management is very flexible when it comes to work hours,as long as clients are taken care of and your work is done.
Great incentives and bonuses.
As long as you are willing to do the training there is always room for advancement.
Great Company
District Recruiter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: company is great
Cons: office setting is too strict
Farmers Insurance is truly a great company, but the District that I was working in was way to strict and there was a lack of trust, making for a hostel work environment.
Great Job if you have a passion and start up cash!
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Independence, OHAugust 18, 2014
Typical day consisted of processing leads to find viable clients.Collecting information in order to create initial quotes in order to make a pitch.Calling prospective clients in order to set up a face to face meeting, Using information gained from face to face to create custom insurance package for the client.
Hardest part of the job was cold calling – more... clients.Most enjoyable aspect of work was meeting clients and assisting them with their insurance needs. – less
Always something to do or learn while having fun!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hillcrest, San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2014
Boss/agent is an excellent supervisor and mentor. He provides you with all of the tools you need to grow within his agency, and much of what he teaches can be applied in daily life.
You Can't Run Away Fast Enough From Here
Claims Representative (Former Employee), TexasAugust 17, 2014
Pros: when i worked, i usually got paid the correct amount
Cons: too many to list.
My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say......
Nice place to work, just no advancement
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNAugust 17, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: no advancement
Handling multiple phone lines and transferring callers to the appropriate individual. Clerical support.

Hardest part of the position was not being able to advance.

Most enjoyable part of the position was working with customers.
Productive Workplace
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Cartersville, GaAugust 16, 2014
See previous with Farmers Insurance. Very productive workplace, family owned business. All coworkers were great.
Mediocre at best
Service Operations (Current Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 16, 2014
Pros: the people you work with, good vacation time, health benefits.
Cons: everything else.
There is a great work/life balance and the benefits are good but this isn't enough to keep the scales even. If the recruiters still don't tell people about what this job is really like, know that you can probably only thrive if you enjoy call center work. Most people will agree that the best part of the job is the people you work with but, due to the – more... nature of the job and the suffocating environment, the people you work with are highly likely to be there only for a couple of years. – less
On the job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Clovis, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: professional enviorment
Cons: lack of management
I have been working as an Office Assistant at Farmer's Insurance and I really love working there. I would come to work about 30 minutes early everyday and wait for my supervisor to open the door. On a typical day, when I get a lot of phone calls from clients regarding their polices or claims. I tend to fall behind on filing, since there is always forms – more... to be file. But I've learned to manage that with transferring some calls to my co workers. I've learned so much about the company and its products. As an Office Assistant, my duty is to do basic general office work. Having to work together is a way to learn from one another. Also accomplish our goal or meet deadlines. – less
Big company plenty of opportunities.
Director of Life Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2014
Farmers Ins. was a large company with a good product. Once they sold the Farmers of the past wasn't there anymore.
Owner / Insurance Advisor and Financial Planner (Current Employee), Loveland, COAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work: Good, busy.
the hardest part of the job: Rates.
management: yes.
Productive and Fun place to work .
Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Hills, CAAugust 12, 2014
A typical day for me at work was answering phones doing quotes selling insurance. I learn all the types of insurance we have. My manager is a very pleasant person to work for very outgoing good person to work for. I enjoy working at the office my co-workers work very professional and were very respectful. The hardest part of my job was meet quota on – more... slow days. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos