Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

na
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2017
The college is under pressure to hire sessional teachers to minimize costs. I was hired the day before classes started. I was given the course syllabus after classes had started.
Good but could be great
IT Department (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2017
Could be a great place to work if a small handful of managers didn't bring the culture and morale down.

Pay and benefits are good. Team atmosphere is on point. Employees are very good to each other.
Informative and great opportunity for beginners
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  London2 November 2017
Fun place to work with. Good for beginners. Great when wish to balance study and a part-time job. Fair salary. Good employers, easily reachable people with user-friendly people.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Nothing as such
I love
photographer for the Interrobang (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2017
people are ok i had fun working there but the sallary was not that good i had to work part time and they did not give me full time job any way the job was ok
Pros
free drink
Cons
part time
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2017
Very progressive.. the day goes by very quickly.. the management is very supportive...the culture is very positive and people are very helpful and are will to share there knowledge
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long days
ESL Instructor
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
Teaching English the new-comers to Canada from countries like china, Korea and Saudi Arabia mostly.

It is a great place for the international students whose number is increasing year after year.

I am here only on two days and yet to learn a lot more things.
A fun place to work
CO-OP STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON21 August 2017
Fanshawe was fun and accepting of everyone working there, I learned great customer service and a lot of organization and was able to show my strengths in many different areas. The managers are more like friends than bosses/superiors.
Pros
Food days, the coworkers/managers
Great place to learn new things
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2017
Fanshawe College was a perfect environment for learning. The teachers there really understood their craft, and the focus of Graphic Design excellence was shared among peers. This was a very productive and creative space.
Pros
Challenging tasks, Detail oriented teaching, Collaboration
Cons
N/a
Environment
Professor (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2017
Excellent place to work. Very nice people to work with and very helpful. Very leisurely environment. Knowledgeable staff.
Comfortable work environment.
Fun atmosphere in the classroom, grim and indifferent outside
Paramedic Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 June 2017
The paramedic community needs to change their attitude about what it means to help a human being. That is, if they really want it to be recognized as a serious profession. They should know that most of the world, meaning everywhere outside of London Ontario, still does not think too much about "ambulance drivers."
Pros
It's an experience.
Cons
Too much down time, intermittent moments of dread, does not amount to anything truly significant
Great Faculty
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2017
Overall good faculty and help available when required. Fun classes. Books were a bit expensive and I felt some were a waste of money at times. Classes could've been coordinated better to have less breaks during the day as well.
Great place and fun expererience
Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 May 2017
This job is only one day a week and part time. There is no room for advancement unless you have a degree and each year you are not guaranteed a job again. Pay was perfect for the job type.
My supervisor was amazing and very supportive. It is my most fulfilling job I have.
Pros
Great environment, and rewarding job
Cons
long day
Great time
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2017
It was a good opportunity to improve interpersonal skills and be helpful. Met a lot of interesting people from all over the world and everyone came with his own story.
Great place to learn and grow.
Announcer/Talk Producer (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
106.9 The X was a student-run fully operational Radio Station. It was a great place to Learn. The setting was professional to a high standard but still welcoming. My 2 years on-air and producing Talk Content has given me experience beyond what is necessary to excel in any true industry job.
Pros
Great Equipment
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
Established meeting times with students to help them with the course. make sure that each time I was helping a student to make it appealing to their way of learning, whether that be visual, audio or hands on.
Experience in working with online teacher and opportunity to teach a course
Professor (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
Was able to work from home to review and evaluate the learning of the online students.
Learned about alot from the students and how they utilized their time to learn about the course.
Hard to give good feedback.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Could not see the students to increase their knowledge and benefit from direct contact.
Great experience but very poor pay for work required
Professor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2017
In general this has been a great experience and great to have on my resume but is a literal dead end for further advancing my career at the college. This is not meant to be spiteful in anyway as the college did not force me to take this position but simply a means to prevent others from being taken advantage of like I was.
Pros
great experience and great staff to work with
Cons
very poor pay as a part time prof, the college ACTIVELY attempts to prevent staff from advancing past part time
Fair and honest work
Host Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
Great place to dive into the work field for the first time. Friendly, helpful, and hard working staff. Would recommend for anyone trying to pursue a career in the arts.
Productive and eye opening experience
Invigilator (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2017
A typical day would consist of arriving about 30 minutes before the exam period started in order to go get the proper exams and arrive at the designated classroom or gym. I would hand out exams and go over the rules to the students about academic misconduct and cheating. Once the exam started, I am responsible for walking around to make sure students do not have aids or anything that could be used to help them cheat while writing the exam. Once the exam is finished, I am responsible for collecting the exams and bringing them back to the head of the department. The hardest part of this job would be that if someone is cheating or looking around a lot, then I would have to keep a close eye on them. If I saw someone cheating off of some other student, then I would have to take their exam away and they would receive a zero. The most enjoyable part of this job would be interacting with other invigilators and learning how they enforce rules.
fun workplace
Promoter (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2017
The managenet was understanding and amazing. I learned to have patience and to treat customers with respect regardless of their attitude towards me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the great workplace enviroment and co-workers.