Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent School
Student (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Teacher and Self Taught course
Cons: Non
Teacher 10
Course 10 (This is the most practical course I have taken) Excellent upgrade for anyone wanting to pursue a business career
Excellent working environment, management was above average
Print Technician (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Hard work but it was worth it
A typical day at work would include: organizing and repairing studio equipment, completing printing requests from students and teachers in a timely manner, putting finished prints into correct folders, kept a clean and organized work environment and helped teachers out with small tasks.

In my experience, I learned how to manage time more efficiently, how to better interact with students, faculty & client and how to organize the workplace better.

Management and my co-workers were great. Both of my supervisors were patient and willing to help when I was learning new things, gave encouragement where it was needed and I would have to say that out of all of my working experiences, this job was by far, the best I have ever had. Both of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with and were both friendly and very professional.

The hardest part of the job, but also my favourite part of the job was organizing the studios and repairing the equipment. It made me very pleased to help my fellow classmates by having a clean, safe and friendly environment to do their projects and bring clients in for photography.
Good experience
Open House Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, nice people
Open House volunteer is a really excellent opportunity, it is not only help others, but also volunteers can learn latest information from Professor.
it was a great job, but there werent enough hours
Peer tutor (Former Employee), fanshawe collegeOctober 1, 2015
Pros: close to where i have classes
Cons: not enough hours
it was very convenient working at fanshawe, because I also have my classes there.
gained experience in conversing with people whom were frustrated or annoyed.
I worked alone, didn't meet with any of the co workers, but willing to work together with other people.
got to meet a lot of people
great expereince, fast pace enviourment
Events Staff (Former Employee), londonSeptember 8, 2015
Working in fanshawe was such a good experience for me, co-workers were so supportive and helpful. working as a event staff was fun, oorganizing events and i used to set up for games such as basketball, vollyball.
good management, a lot to learn
Event staff (Current Employee), London, ONMay 13, 2015
It is a good experience working in fansahwe, learned about customer service at a event staff job, never knew that was possible but yes it was good.
Great in-school job
Intramural Athletics (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Between classes I can either referee or keep score of any intramural activity that the college has to offer. At times it seemed a little unorganized with schedule changes and time changes but overall the people that create the schedules worked hard to get every game played and everybody involved.
Great experience, lots of hours
Plumbing Instructor (Former Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Class time paid and prep time unpaid was a little taxing. Monthly cheques were hard to get used to. Great Experience though, fantastic facilites.
Not a team atmosphere
Computer Support Technologist (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Working at a remote campus I was not engaged with other IT staff/departments as much as I would have like to have been. The probation period was too long.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), London, OntarioDecember 14, 2014
It is a good place if you are hard worker and is serious about what you do. You have to know how to handle customers properly. Make sure that everything is properly placed. The management is getting strict. They are helpful sometime and give support to the students.
not paid
psw instructor (Former Employee), Clinton ontNovember 24, 2014
Pros: clinton
Cons: no pay
Quit
Fanshaw did not pay me twice
You have to wait a full on the for pay girls in Clinton office don't know what they are doing and forget to submit workorders/contracts and then you don't get paid. Seriously this happened to me twice worked butt off for nothing.
By far the best place I have worked so far
Proctor (Former Employee), London ONNovember 5, 2014
I loved working at Fanshawe College. It was always busy and always different things to learn each day.
Calm and productive business environment with accommodating co-workers
Volunteering (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is accommodating and the business environment is calm and productive, there is no tension in the environment so every staff is able to do his/her job in a very productive manner.

I improved my communication skills, because i am approached with students from every part of the work who are multi cultured. The management is very supportive and makes the work environment friendly, while the co-workers are also friendly. The hardest part of the job was my first day, and that was because i had to learn the process. To be honest i always look forward to going to work because i get to learn from people every day
I coached for the benefit of former teammates and my head coach.
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2014
Pros: surrounded by hard-working people, constantly improving.
Cons: payless
The basketball itself was great, everything else was supplementary.
Invigorating
Instructor (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: i was able to teach where i went to school at.
I taught 9 different continuing education classes, so each class was very different.
Knowledgeable and advanced place to work.
Pharmacy Technologist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: extra hours and unpaid.
I learned to communicate on the higher level with the students and with the professors. I managed 40 students in the classroom at Fanshawe College. I prepared lab for the lab work and I did inventory management of the medications. I checked orders upon receiving. I prepared classrooms for the professors.
saffrons
Serving, bartending, customer service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: early shifts
it was decent, nice way to start learning more about the business
Excellent Learning Experience
Tutor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: close in location, set my own hours
Cons: hard to find be matched with students
•Assisted students in finding all possible solutions by thoroughly analyzing all important factors and information associated with the situation.

•Set effective learning goals with students such as spending an hour a day dedicated for school work and guide them as they achieve their goals.

•Prepared notes for students before sessions, which act as a guide for studying, resulting in achieving learning goals.
Learning and working
Technician Assistant/Event Staff (Current Employee), London, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: earn while you learn
Cons: no cons
best place to work. Excellent Management, Hardest part would be to leave the fanshawe athletics. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work in free and friendly environment.
Fanshawe College is an overall well balanced school, offering many opportunities for students attending and leaving the facility
Student in General Arts and Science (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: getting me to my nursing goal
Cons: very expensive
A typical day of school would be attending classes such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, math and humanities. I have learned in great detail from both pre health and general science of the human body and its many functions. I enjoy school and broadening my knowledge, but I look forward to getting into my nursing courses and reaching my goals from there.