Fanshawe College

Fanshawe College Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not paid
psw instructor (Former Employee), Clinton ontNovember 24, 2014
Pros: clinton
Cons: no pay
Quit
Fanshaw did not pay me twice
You have to wait a full on the for pay girls in Clinton office don't know what they are doing and forget to submit workorders/contracts and then you don't get paid. Seriously this happened to me twice worked butt off for nothing.
By far the best place I have worked so far
Proctor (Former Employee), London ONNovember 5, 2014
I loved working at Fanshawe College. It was always busy and always different things to learn each day.
Calm and productive business environment with accommodating co-workers
Volunteering (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is accommodating and the business environment is calm and productive, there is no tension in the environment so every staff is able to do his/her job in a very productive manner.

I improved my communication skills, because i am approached with students from every part of the work who are multi cultured. The management is very – more... supportive and makes the work environment friendly, while the co-workers are also friendly. The hardest part of the job was my first day, and that was because i had to learn the process. To be honest i always look forward to going to work because i get to learn from people every day – less
I coached for the benefit of former teammates and my head coach.
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2014
Pros: surrounded by hard-working people, constantly improving.
Cons: payless
The basketball itself was great, everything else was supplementary.
Invigorating
Instructor (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: i was able to teach where i went to school at.
I taught 9 different continuing education classes, so each class was very different.
Knowledgeable and advanced place to work.
Pharmacy Technologist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: extra hours and unpaid.
I learned to communicate on the higher level with the students and with the professors. I managed 40 students in the classroom at Fanshawe College. I prepared lab for the lab work and I did inventory management of the medications. I checked orders upon receiving. I prepared classrooms for the professors.
saffrons
Serving, bartending, customer service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: early shifts
it was decent, nice way to start learning more about the business
Excellent Learning Experience
Tutor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: close in location, set my own hours
Cons: hard to find be matched with students
•Assisted students in finding all possible solutions by thoroughly analyzing all important factors and information associated with the situation.

•Set effective learning goals with students such as spending an hour a day dedicated for school work and guide them as they achieve their goals.

•Prepared notes for students before sessions, which act as – more... a guide for studying, resulting in achieving learning goals. – less
Learning and working
Technician Assistant/Event Staff (Current Employee), London, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: earn while you learn
Cons: no cons
best place to work. Excellent Management, Hardest part would be to leave the fanshawe athletics. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work in free and friendly environment.
Fanshawe College is an overall well balanced school, offering many opportunities for students attending and leaving the facility
Student in General Arts and Science (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: getting me to my nursing goal
Cons: very expensive
A typical day of school would be attending classes such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, math and humanities. I have learned in great detail from both pre health and general science of the human body and its many functions. I enjoy school and broadening my knowledge, but I look forward to getting into my nursing courses and reaching my goals from there.
its very satisfying to teach, and to know your students are learning
Part-time Professor (Current Employee), London, OnJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: very little hours
Fanshawe has always been good to me as a student and as a faculty.
I have learned more about my self through teaching then any other way. Management is always willing to support and help when needed. I don't get to see my co-workers very often but when I do its alway very pleasant.
Organizing events
Event Staff (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2014

Set up and Take down for the Day’s Game
· Reaching Two Hours Before the start of the Game
· Getting the Stuff setting up required for each and every game
· Getting the playing area cleaned and well organised
Volunteer work
EVENT HOST (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 19, 2013
• Distributed flyovers
• Delivered impressively information about the College campus to the potential students
• Connected students to various business programs
• Promoted brand image of the Fanshawe College
• Resolved queries of the prospective students and their parents about the College management
Fun with Team work
Peer - Tutor (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free dinner, sports meets, and group trips
I had an wonderful time with the people who work here, a place to remember. It taught me how hard work can improve your life.
Productive, Fun Place to work
Cashier, Packaging and Merchandising Counter (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 31, 2013
Graduated from Fanshawe College, I owe it all to Fanshawe, and if time would rewind itself I will do everything the same, no changes.
Nice place and nice people
Receptionist, Administrator and Student Liaison (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good if you wanted evening work (if you wanted to be at home for the kids in the day time)
Cons: lonely, felt a bit on the outside of things, no chance of advancement.
I found the location to be situated well and I enjoyed working with the staff, the only issue I worked nights with no possible chance of day time work, it was only part time and it was quite lonely. I did approx 1 day of training and never gained access to be able to do the job properly. I felt a bit of an outsider. Shame really as I really wanted to – more... stay within the educational field. The staff were lovely and so were the students. I just wanted more. – less
Ability to work at home
Textbook to Audio Tape Transcriber (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 13, 2012
Pros: ability to work at home
Cons: no co-workers to relate to
I worked as a transcriber at home, so did not have co-workers
Relaxed
Professor (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONOctober 20, 2012
Pros: access to courses at a reduced cost
Cons: short term contract only
Independent contract work for the most part. Easy to set up classroom each session.
Enjoyed working in fanshawe
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 1, 2012
I have learned the work culture. Working with different religious people and people from different countries.
use to be a great place to work until all fanshawe is concerned with is bottom line
Chief Instructor (Former Employee), trailer condemed full of mold on parking lotSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: student interaction
Cons: management who know nothing about the program diplorable working conditions!
Management couldn't care in the least about it's employees. After 30 years of running their motorcycle program I was dismissed due to them cancelling my courses thus not enough courses completed. Totally unprofessional management team.