Fanshawe College

Fanshawe College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good management, a lot to learn
Event staff (Current Employee), London, ONMay 13, 2015
It is a good experience working in fansahwe, learned about customer service at a event staff job, never knew that was possible but yes it was good.
Great in-school job
Intramural Athletics (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Between classes I can either referee or keep score of any intramural activity that the college has to offer. At times it seemed a little unorganized with schedule changes and time changes but overall the people that create the schedules worked hard to get every game played and everybody involved.
Great experience, lots of hours
Plumbing Instructor (Former Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Class time paid and prep time unpaid was a little taxing. Monthly cheques were hard to get used to. Great Experience though, fantastic facilites.
Not a team atmosphere
Computer Support Technologist (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: close to home
Working at a remote campus I was not engaged with other IT staff/departments as much as I would have like to have been. The probation period was too long.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), London, OntarioDecember 14, 2014
It is a good place if you are hard worker and is serious about what you do. You have to know how to handle customers properly. Make sure that everything is properly placed. The management is getting strict. They are helpful sometime and give support to the students.
not paid
psw instructor (Former Employee), Clinton ontNovember 24, 2014
Pros: clinton
Cons: no pay
Quit
Fanshaw did not pay me twice
You have to wait a full on the for pay girls in Clinton office don't know what they are doing and forget to submit workorders/contracts and then you don't get paid. Seriously this happened to me twice worked butt off for nothing.
By far the best place I have worked so far
Proctor (Former Employee), London ONNovember 5, 2014
I loved working at Fanshawe College. It was always busy and always different things to learn each day.
Calm and productive business environment with accommodating co-workers
Volunteering (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is accommodating and the business environment is calm and productive, there is no tension in the environment so every staff is able to do his/her job in a very productive manner.

I improved my communication skills, because i am approached with students from every part of the work who are multi cultured. The management is very supportive and makes the work environment friendly, while the co-workers are also friendly. The hardest part of the job was my first day, and that was because i had to learn the process. To be honest i always look forward to going to work because i get to learn from people every day
I coached for the benefit of former teammates and my head coach.
Assistant Coach (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 3, 2014
Pros: surrounded by hard-working people, constantly improving.
Cons: payless
The basketball itself was great, everything else was supplementary.
Invigorating
Instructor (Former Employee), London, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: i was able to teach where i went to school at.
I taught 9 different continuing education classes, so each class was very different.
Knowledgeable and advanced place to work.
Pharmacy Technologist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: extra hours and unpaid.
I learned to communicate on the higher level with the students and with the professors. I managed 40 students in the classroom at Fanshawe College. I prepared lab for the lab work and I did inventory management of the medications. I checked orders upon receiving. I prepared classrooms for the professors.
saffrons
Serving, bartending, customer service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: early shifts
it was decent, nice way to start learning more about the business
Excellent Learning Experience
Tutor (Current Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: close in location, set my own hours
Cons: hard to find be matched with students
•Assisted students in finding all possible solutions by thoroughly analyzing all important factors and information associated with the situation.

•Set effective learning goals with students such as spending an hour a day dedicated for school work and guide them as they achieve their goals.

•Prepared notes for students before sessions, which act as a guide for studying, resulting in achieving learning goals.
Learning and working
Technician Assistant/Event Staff (Current Employee), London, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: earn while you learn
Cons: no cons
best place to work. Excellent Management, Hardest part would be to leave the fanshawe athletics. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work in free and friendly environment.
Fanshawe College is an overall well balanced school, offering many opportunities for students attending and leaving the facility
Student in General Arts and Science (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: getting me to my nursing goal
Cons: very expensive
A typical day of school would be attending classes such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, math and humanities. I have learned in great detail from both pre health and general science of the human body and its many functions. I enjoy school and broadening my knowledge, but I look forward to getting into my nursing courses and reaching my goals from there.
its very satisfying to teach, and to know your students are learning
Part-time Professor (Current Employee), London, OnJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: pay is great
Cons: very little hours
Fanshawe has always been good to me as a student and as a faculty.
I have learned more about my self through teaching then any other way. Management is always willing to support and help when needed. I don't get to see my co-workers very often but when I do its alway very pleasant.
Organizing events
Event Staff (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2014

Set up and Take down for the Day’s Game
· Reaching Two Hours Before the start of the Game
· Getting the Stuff setting up required for each and every game
· Getting the playing area cleaned and well organised
Volunteer work
EVENT HOST (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 19, 2013
• Distributed flyovers
• Delivered impressively information about the College campus to the potential students
• Connected students to various business programs
• Promoted brand image of the Fanshawe College
• Resolved queries of the prospective students and their parents about the College management
Fun with Team work
Peer - Tutor (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free dinner, sports meets, and group trips
I had an wonderful time with the people who work here, a place to remember. It taught me how hard work can improve your life.
Productive, Fun Place to work
Cashier, Packaging and Merchandising Counter (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 31, 2013
Graduated from Fanshawe College, I owe it all to Fanshawe, and if time would rewind itself I will do everything the same, no changes.