Fanshawe College Employee Reviews in Canada

Wonderful institution
Refree (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 12, 2016
My experince working for fanshawe has been wonderful ; and their managment has been adaqute and fair , and always well strucured .
my typical day consist of being a referee for inturmuarl basketball games and soccer , the games start in the afternoon right away .

the hardest part of job was dealing with students who may object to certain call they receive in the game but beacuse of my patience and understanding i never lose my composure. In addition may co-workes are always on time giving me no reason to worry, which is the enjoyble part of work people knowing what to do and being able to converse with them .
Pros
be around the game you love
Cons
students not happy with calls they reveive playing
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 10, 2016
Working at Fanshawe has been fulfilling and I have met some really great people! My employment also helped me to go back to school to obtain my accreditation.
Pros
Co-workers, environment
Cons
Not being able to find full-time work
Great way to meet and connect with people
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  London OntarioMay 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was watching people succeed after I saw them struggle. They earned a sense of accomplishment because I helped them. It was very rewarding.

Hardest part of the job was arranging meeting times that worked with both of the schedules between the student and I.
Cons
little amount of hours
It was nice experience for me. Management over there was good and cooperative. I was satisfy with salary and other facilities at initial level.
Event Staff-Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2016
According to my opinion, it was very good experience for me to start my journey of work. I learned a lot from that place like arrangements, set up, take off of different things according to events. How to manage and how to organize them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part or member of event staff itself and working at athletic department because during work time,it was totally energetic and enthusiastic environment over there and specially all sports events were enjoyable. Co-workers were good and helpful.
Pros
can learn management of events, total sport environment, easy to reach because in college
Cons
too many employees
school for PSW
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONApril 28, 2016
school for PSW
elderly, dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's,
some good some really stupid students
the unknown of reality
happy faces
Pros
education
Cons
the unknown
An easy going, wonderful work environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked as a Peer Tutor for over a year and I found it to be an easy going, wonderful work environment. I was more than happy to help my students to understand how to use Apple products, as well as editing photos in Lightroom & Photoshop. These skills are essential for the Photography Program, especially Intro to Mac & Production Techniques courses.

Not only did my students find my information very helpful, they also had fun doing the work, during our sessions! Overall, I highly recommend this position to anybody!
Pros
Pick your own hours, helping students
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Athletics Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would include signing in, and from there setting up for the tournament or game day. This would include making posters that reviewed the matches that were played.
Once the games were being played my job was to run the scoreboard as well as help in any other areas that needed assistance.
Pros
Meals
Great learning environment
EDITOR (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot while attending Fanshawe and I hope that my new skills will contribute toward the industry. The professors are amazing and the resources are more than I could ask for.
Pros
Education
Cons
Far from home
Great Program
HR Community Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 11, 2016
Community Consultancy gives student the opportunity to working in the community and gain valuable working experience.
Limited Communication
Professor-Part Time (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
Informed with 2 days notice as to which courses I was teaching
Limited in course delivery to make sure it was consistent with satellite campuses
Supportive workspace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 8, 2016
Despite only working for the college for two months, it has been a rewarding and supportive position, and understanding of a busy, final semester student schedule.
Fun and Informative Learning Experience
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 2, 2016
Learned how to work in a broadcasting environment and how to effectively manage time and client information. Was a great experience that taught me writing, recording, and post-production skills that I will use going forward into the future.
Teach and learn at the same time
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Was able to utilize what I learned during my education and helped other students with their course work. You get to brush up things you have learned but haven't reviewed of late and there is a sense of achievement when you know that the students enjoyed their time being tutored by you.
Great learning experience
Food Handler/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
I work in Olive Oyle's Deli from 8am-3pm every Thursday along with other students in my program. My program, Hospitality Management, is trying to provide us with as much work experience as they can. Setting us up in Olive Oyle's is a fantastic way to introduce us to a part of our future industry. The Deli is a fantastic place to learn professionalism, how to handle customers, how to work under pressure, and responsibility. The staff is very helpful and over all working there has been a great experience for me.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Seeing as it is part of our program we do not get paid for the hours we work.
Working at Fanshawe
Media Loans Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Fanshawe college was an amazing experience. I met a lot of different people and made a lot of friends. Everyone was so incredibly nice and great to work with.
Excellent School
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Teacher 10
Course 10 (This is the most practical course I have taken) Excellent upgrade for anyone wanting to pursue a business career
Pros
Teacher and Self Taught course
Cons
Non
Excellent working environment, management was above average
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 30, 2015
A typical day at work would include: organizing and repairing studio equipment, completing printing requests from students and teachers in a timely manner, putting finished prints into correct folders, kept a clean and organized work environment and helped teachers out with small tasks.

In my experience, I learned how to manage time more efficiently, how to better interact with students, faculty & client and how to organize the workplace better.

Management and my co-workers were great. Both of my supervisors were patient and willing to help when I was learning new things, gave encouragement where it was needed and I would have to say that out of all of my working experiences, this job was by far, the best I have ever had. Both of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with and were both friendly and very professional.

The hardest part of the job, but also my favourite part of the job was organizing the studios and repairing the equipment. It made me very pleased to help my fellow classmates by having a clean, safe and friendly environment to do their projects and bring clients in for photography.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard work but it was worth it
Good experience
Open House Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 12, 2015
Open House volunteer is a really excellent opportunity, it is not only help others, but also volunteers can learn latest information from Professor.
Pros
Free lunch, nice people
it was a great job, but there werent enough hours
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  fanshawe collegeOctober 1, 2015
it was very convenient working at fanshawe, because I also have my classes there.
gained experience in conversing with people whom were frustrated or annoyed.
I worked alone, didn't meet with any of the co workers, but willing to work together with other people.
got to meet a lot of people
Pros
close to where i have classes
Cons
not enough hours
great expereince, fast pace enviourment
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  londonSeptember 8, 2015
Working in fanshawe was such a good experience for me, co-workers were so supportive and helpful. working as a event staff was fun, oorganizing events and i used to set up for games such as basketball, vollyball.

4.2