Fanshawe College Employee Reviews in Canada

An easy going, wonderful work environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked as a Peer Tutor for over a year and I found it to be an easy going, wonderful work environment. I was more than happy to help my students to understand how to use Apple products, as well as editing photos in Lightroom & Photoshop. These skills are essential for the Photography Program, especially Intro to Mac & Production Techniques courses.

Not only did my students find my information very helpful, they also had fun doing the work, during our sessions! Overall, I highly recommend this position to anybody!
Pros
Pick your own hours, helping students
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Athletics Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would include signing in, and from there setting up for the tournament or game day. This would include making posters that reviewed the matches that were played.
Once the games were being played my job was to run the scoreboard as well as help in any other areas that needed assistance.
Pros
Meals
Great learning environment
EDITOR (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 3, 2016
I learned a lot while attending Fanshawe and I hope that my new skills will contribute toward the industry. The professors are amazing and the resources are more than I could ask for.
Pros
Education
Cons
Far from home
Great Program
HR Community Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 11, 2016
Community Consultancy gives student the opportunity to working in the community and gain valuable working experience.
Limited Communication
Professor-Part Time (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 10, 2016
Informed with 2 days notice as to which courses I was teaching
Limited in course delivery to make sure it was consistent with satellite campuses
Supportive workspace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 8, 2016
Despite only working for the college for two months, it has been a rewarding and supportive position, and understanding of a busy, final semester student schedule.
Fun and Informative Learning Experience
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 2, 2016
Learned how to work in a broadcasting environment and how to effectively manage time and client information. Was a great experience that taught me writing, recording, and post-production skills that I will use going forward into the future.
Teach and learn at the same time
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Was able to utilize what I learned during my education and helped other students with their course work. You get to brush up things you have learned but haven't reviewed of late and there is a sense of achievement when you know that the students enjoyed their time being tutored by you.
Great learning experience
Food Handler/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
I work in Olive Oyle's Deli from 8am-3pm every Thursday along with other students in my program. My program, Hospitality Management, is trying to provide us with as much work experience as they can. Setting us up in Olive Oyle's is a fantastic way to introduce us to a part of our future industry. The Deli is a fantastic place to learn professionalism, how to handle customers, how to work under pressure, and responsibility. The staff is very helpful and over all working there has been a great experience for me.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Seeing as it is part of our program we do not get paid for the hours we work.
Working at Fanshawe
Media Loans Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Fanshawe college was an amazing experience. I met a lot of different people and made a lot of friends. Everyone was so incredibly nice and great to work with.
Excellent School
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Teacher 10
Course 10 (This is the most practical course I have taken) Excellent upgrade for anyone wanting to pursue a business career
Pros
Teacher and Self Taught course
Cons
Non
Excellent working environment, management was above average
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 30, 2015
A typical day at work would include: organizing and repairing studio equipment, completing printing requests from students and teachers in a timely manner, putting finished prints into correct folders, kept a clean and organized work environment and helped teachers out with small tasks.

In my experience, I learned how to manage time more efficiently, how to better interact with students, faculty & client and how to organize the workplace better.

Management and my co-workers were great. Both of my supervisors were patient and willing to help when I was learning new things, gave encouragement where it was needed and I would have to say that out of all of my working experiences, this job was by far, the best I have ever had. Both of my co-workers were a pleasure to work with and were both friendly and very professional.

The hardest part of the job, but also my favourite part of the job was organizing the studios and repairing the equipment. It made me very pleased to help my fellow classmates by having a clean, safe and friendly environment to do their projects and bring clients in for photography.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard work but it was worth it
Good experience
Open House Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 12, 2015
Open House volunteer is a really excellent opportunity, it is not only help others, but also volunteers can learn latest information from Professor.
Pros
Free lunch, nice people
it was a great job, but there werent enough hours
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  fanshawe collegeOctober 1, 2015
it was very convenient working at fanshawe, because I also have my classes there.
gained experience in conversing with people whom were frustrated or annoyed.
I worked alone, didn't meet with any of the co workers, but willing to work together with other people.
got to meet a lot of people
Pros
close to where i have classes
Cons
not enough hours
great expereince, fast pace enviourment
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  londonSeptember 8, 2015
Working in fanshawe was such a good experience for me, co-workers were so supportive and helpful. working as a event staff was fun, oorganizing events and i used to set up for games such as basketball, vollyball.
good management, a lot to learn
Event staff (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 13, 2015
It is a good experience working in fansahwe, learned about customer service at a event staff job, never knew that was possible but yes it was good.
Great in-school job
Intramural Athletics (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Between classes I can either referee or keep score of any intramural activity that the college has to offer. At times it seemed a little unorganized with schedule changes and time changes but overall the people that create the schedules worked hard to get every game played and everybody involved.
Great experience, lots of hours
Plumbing Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 10, 2015
Class time paid and prep time unpaid was a little taxing. Monthly cheques were hard to get used to. Great Experience though, fantastic facilites.
Not a team atmosphere
Computer Support Technologist (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Working at a remote campus I was not engaged with other IT staff/departments as much as I would have like to have been. The probation period was too long.
Pros
close to home
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, OntarioDecember 14, 2014
It is a good place if you are hard worker and is serious about what you do. You have to know how to handle customers properly. Make sure that everything is properly placed. The management is getting strict. They are helpful sometime and give support to the students.

4.3