For more than a century, Family and Children’s Services Niagara, the local Children’s Aid Society,
has provided vital child welfare, family/community support, counselling, foster care and
adoption services to residents in the Niagara Region.
FACS Niagara emphasizes collaboration, service excellence and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology Services, the Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the reliability, integrity and sustainability of the information and communication technologies at FACS. This position enables technology solutions in support of the FACS strategic plans while managing daily information systems operations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc)
- Configure and set up Cisco ASA 5510 Firewall, Routers and security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Teaming etc.
- Researches and compiles cost and related business cases when recommending equipment and programs
- Assures security, integrity and reliability of computer information systems and communication systems and oversees, maintains and enforces security protocols
- Plans and monitors electronic security and risk management for corporate data systems
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems, servers and Vmware servers related to network to ensure 99.999 availability to authorized users
- In conjunction with the Director of Information Services, manages recruitment, performance evaluation, coaching, discipline and termination where necessary ensuring accordance to Human Resources policy and within the context of the collective agreement
- Provides leadership for the operational success of the Tech Department, and provides supportive leadership through periods of change
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- Minimum of 5 years related experience of maintaining medium to large networks
- CCNP, VCP 5, MCSE 2008 Certified
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Excellent knowledge of management information systems and infrastructures; technology, software and hardware; networks; servers, etc. and their application in human service agencies
- An excellent knowledge of industry computer applications including CPIN, Frontline, Fast Track
- Knowledge and experience in the application and usage of Information Technology theory and practice and the ability to transmit this through training, coaching and mentoring
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with appropriate liability insurance required
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check is required
Please include your salary expectations.
Applications will be held in confidence.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in French and English.
If you are contacted by Family and Children’s Services Niagara for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard