FAMILY VIDEO

FAMILY VIDEO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Job with even worse management
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Mexico, MODecember 11, 2014
During my time of employment working here there would be times I would be called in from home to change the letters on the sign then sent right back home when I was done. Allowing me to work for 30 min a day before sending me home and not scheduling me anymore time.
Simple organized entertaining job where movies can be viewed.
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2014
A work day consisted of organizing and restocking movies, providing great customer service, and being a great sales representative.

There I learned the importance of teamwork because the job could be tedious.

Management was satisfactory there and got the job done.

The hardest part of the job was trying to sell the deals.

The most enjoyable part was being able to play movies and give the customers previews of what we had in stock.
An awesome place to work,I would suggest it to anyone
Member Accounts Director (Former Employee), Glenview, ILDecember 8, 2014
Excellent! Great opportunity for growth and advancement! I would suggest it anyone who wants to develop a skill-set in management! If you are willing to dig deep and do whatever it takes, it will take you places!
Very fun work environment & very personal with all customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth, INNovember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly & fun work environment.
Cons: not enough hours given.
It was a very comfortable, fun place to work. All the employees were very helpful to the customers & everyone got along very well. It was each employees mission to assist customers with movie selections, monthly membership discounts, & in-store specials. Customer satisfaction was the number one priority @ Family Video.
First Choice of Entertainment to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNNovember 16, 2014
Pros:
Won't be overworked
Half off rentals
Free rentals with enough sales

Cons:
Low hours
Low pay
May get cut
team focused job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gladstone, MONovember 13, 2014
they were great. fast paced and great place for advancement.
Current management isn't so great
Store Associate (Current Employee), La Porte, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: discounted/free rentals
Cons: i have netflix
Above the store level, a great company, great community. Having a road block in the form of a manager who doesn't live up to the company's mission statement... its a huge downer. I have fun when I work, I wish I could love this place. I want into corporate not for the growth or the experience, but to escape a particular manager. That's the WRONG reason to want to move up.
Provided me an opportunity to work in a customer service environment
Customer Care (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 4, 2014
Was able to work flexible schedules while in school and had a very relatable and understanding boss.
Fun days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 15, 2014
You get to meet a lot of new people. The benefits of watching movies all day is great! The hardest part of the job was making sure everybody kept up their part. It was great to work with people.
fairly simple and fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers, easy job
Cons: none really to express
Alot of flexibility with your job, you can basically give products away according to how unhappy customer is. Its a low paying job and advancement isn't too hard if you work for a while.
"WOW"
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, WISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: nothing.
When working at Family Video, I became part of a true family. It has great everything. Working with all of the management team is a fantastic experience. Every day I feel proud of all my accomplishments and I feel that management recognizes all my accomplishments as well. Family Video is an amazing place with excellent people . . . customers, co-workers, and managers all included. All managers, including RM and DM, are so personal that it makes it easy to feel free to express ideas, opinions, and problems. The biggest and best reason to work at Family Video is the people . . . and more specifically . . . the management. I couldn't have asked to be connected with better people. Family Video sincerely believes that we have the best people and the best product with the best customer service available. I also sincerely, with all dedication, believe in my company, my team, and my management.
Fun and efficient work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Livonia, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: movies all day, kind people, pizza place next door, etc.
Cons: dusting and vaccuming
Management was fantastic! They were very caring and understanding about their employees.

Coworkers were pleasant to work with. Everyone was kind and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was cleaning. With all the shelves dusting was quite tedious.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers. I learned a lot from them and hopefully I was able to teach a few things.
Great atmospere and flexible scheduling.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Great atmosphere and flexible scheduling.

• Provide exceptional customer service to all customers
• Problem solving to give make everyone happy
• Earn sales to produce commission and be a leader in sales rankings
• Convey enthusiasm/motivate others
Excellent Entry Level Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Beloit, WISeptember 2, 2014
Pros: half price rentals
Cons: no breaks
Very nice culture, however pay is not the greatest for the amount of work that is required.
Fun place to work
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed the fun atmosphere of this job. The people were great, and were always willing to help each other out if needed.
Fun place to work and help others enjoy quality movies, games, and other choices of entertainment.
Associate Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, ILAugust 21, 2014
Reviewed and rated quality movies to better help guests find the choice of entertainment they are looking for.
Lengthy days for little pay
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 20, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: extremely long hours
The pay for this position was in no way worth the work required to complete it.
Awesome place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: small commission, room for advancement
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, sometimes you work alone
Family Video only hires people with a positive attitude, so working there is really fun and easy. As a key holder you are responsible for running the store when the manager isn't present, sometimes even acting as a manager to make a customer happy. Their number one priority is customer service. So when an unhappy customer comes in Family Video gives you the power to help them with whatever they need. Ie waiving late fees, rerenting movies via telephone, or just general satisfaction. They do offer small commission for sales, but dealing with nearly 100 customers alone throughout the day that commission can really add up. If you work there sell, sell, sell! This is also what they look at when giving people hours for the schedule. There is always work to be done, so if you want your day to go by fast you can do more than just sit behind the counter. Also, they see when you do extra work and give you credit for it. They have a "tickler", daily tasks form, to complete each day and you sign off on each job that you do. This opens doors easily for advancement. The hardest part of the job is always being positive. Sometimes you feel like a barbie doll by the end of the day because you've smiled so much. The most enjoyable part of the job is your coworkers. Before I said that they only hire positive people, so most of them like to help and make you feel accepted and part a larger community.
nice people
Associate (Current Employee), Calcutta, OHAugust 6, 2014
free rentals, pre-streets, flexible schedule, commission on certain sales
Family Video
Sales Specialist I (Former Employee), Moore, OkAugust 5, 2014
Loved working there but management never knew what was going on. Constantly all will tell u how to do 1 thing completely different.

FAMILY VIDEO Photos