Family Services of Central Alberta
Position Description: Outreach Worker
Number of Hours: Maternity Leave Position – 40 Hours per week
Starting Salary: $18.03-19.88 per hour
Closing Date: When a successful candidate is hired
Contact: Candice Henderson - Manager of Early Childhood Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing relationships and providing support to children, youth, and/or families referred to Family Services of Central Alberta. Outreach services are preventative in nature and may vary from home visitation/parenting support, drop-in group facilitation, life skill facilitation, connecting clients with appropriate programs and resources and/or homelessness prevention. This is a one year maternity leave position with possibility of extension.
- Related post secondary education in the human services, health care or education
sectors is preferred; equivalencies will be considered
- Experience in providing supportive services to children, youth, and/or families in culturally sensitive ways.
Professional in appearance and able to represent the agency and programs positively within the community
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in group facilitation; strong public speaking skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet the needs of the job in ways that also maintain healthy personal boundaries.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Emotionally mature and capable of exercising good judgment
- Knowledgeable in the use and operation of computers and databases systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Intervention Record checks.