Principal – Head of School (Maternity leave: January 2013- December 2013)
Family Montessori School Society is seeking a skilled and dynamic leader to serve as Principal beginning January 7, 2013.
Our school’s Mission: “To offer an exceptional Montessori learning environment, providing the tools, experiences and guidance needed to awaken each child’s full and unique potential.”
Reporting to the FMSS Board of Directors, the Principal is charged with comprehensively overseeing the day-to-day operations of both of our school sites. Working collaboratively with the Board and the staff, the Principal helps to implement and ultimately lead the school in living its Mission, Vision and Values.
- Bachelor Degree; post-graduate degree an asset
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Thorough knowledge of and dedication to the Montessori Method; Montessori Teacher training or experience an asset
- 3 to 5 years of teaching experience or working with children in a child care/recreational setting
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR Certification
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Demonstrated high level of organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Examples of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Educational Leadership: Implementing and maintaining the Mission, Vision and Values of the school. Preparing and ensuring that the curriculum needs of the Ministry of Education are met. Supervising and directing all teaching staff.
- Administration: Maintaining the school policies, supervising the operations of the school, organizing and updating student files and ensuring timely filings with the Ministry of Children and Families and the Ministry of Education.
- Community Relations: Fostering parent and teacher relationships, communicating with the community, organizing parent education, overseeing school events and an Open House.
Remuneration & Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday, at least 15 hours per week. Work schedule is flexible, but the majority of the hours each week must be during the operational hours of the school.
- 5 Professional days per year
- A three-month probation will be in effect, beginning at the start of employment.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and credentials.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter by November 30, 2012, attention Sophie McCall, Chair.
Indeed - 20 months ago