Family Medicine Employee Reviews

It was employment
MOA (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON2 January 2018
Gave me a chance to gain minimal experience, was not a great position to advance in the company. Patients were great considering treatment from doctors and some staff.
Busy
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2017
Busy family practice with over 1500 patients of all ages; plenty of multi-tasking is required to successfully care for each day's workload and patient needs.
difficult, uninviting work environment
Medical Office Assistant for Dr. Aaron Coma (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge Family Medical Centre13 July 2017
hardest part of the job: difficult workplace to come into for a new person, not inclusive at all, management was hard to work with, especially in regards to input on how you are doing, unfortunately very gossip based workplace........most enjoyable part of the job, working with and getting to know the patients
Cons
not a welcoming, non training oriented work place, also very little input into how you are doing
Typical Day at Family Medical Clinic
Part-time Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2017
To describe my day at Family Medical Clinic, I would have to describe it as familial. I work Saturday mornings as a receptionist and I'm the first person people see when they come through the doors. I greet them with a smile on my face and a good morning attitude that brightens their day even though they are coming to a doctor's office. The staff here are wonderful, friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is the filing. Although it's one of my duties and I do a great job of it. I'm more of a people person and prefer the interactions. I have learned how to use the Wolf EMR Application and learned medical terms that help patients understand their symptoms. I truly enjoy interacting with the patients and staff and working at Family Medical Clinic.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
great work place, good learning experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
I had the pleasure of working with the family medical doctors and staff for my Practicum Hours and more. The training I received from them will he me advance in my position
Great clinical experience and counselling patients
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 February 2017
• Taking patient vitals, history and general Physical Exam, documentation using EMR
• Helping patients understand physician’s recommendations
• Setting up follow-up appointments
Pros
great work atmosphere
Enjoying working with people
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
You get to learn new thing and meet new people everyday.
I get along well with my patients and i love my job.I have been here for over 21 years so i have grown very close to alot of people
Pros
close to my home
praticum
Medical Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2016
Working my Practicum with this facility was amazing, all the staff were very helpful in helping my learn the steps I needed to take to be successful in the industry.
A Great Start to the Medical Science World
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
I greet and checked-in patients in a welcoming manner. I answered telephone calls to take messages and to schedule or cancel appointments. I scanned and inputted all patient information into computer database and filed them confidentially. I scheduled and confirmed patient appointments. I cleaned, set up, and organized check-up rooms after every patient. I scanned, faxed, filed, etc patient documents and reports.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
No pay
Good work place
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2014
It was a good experience working with them. I learned a lot about administration work from this clinic.
Pros
Gain good knowledge about clinic service
Cons
Busy walk-ins, great staffs but long work hours.
Medical Assistant/Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2012
I schedule appointments, handle switchboards, assist doctors in daily tasks such as phone calls, appointments, etc. Maintain strict confidential of patients. handle patients concerns. Close/open office, order supplies, check mails, make bank deposits, etc.
Hardest part of the job is declining walk-in patients when doctor's are all booked up for the day.
The most enjoyable is great staff and work environment -family oriented.
Pros
great staff and work environment
Cons
low pay, no raises or extended benefits, no parking.