FAMILY CHANNEL, DISNEY JUNIOR AND DISNEY XD
Publicist, Family Channel
The Family Channel Communications Intern assists in the execution of media relations and corporate communications efforts for Family Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD.
Media Relations – Family Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD
- Monitor and file daily media coverage of all three brands in industry publications, traditional and online outlets, as well as on social media sites
- Create a weekly clipping package that provides staff – including high-level executives – with a comprehensive look at coverage of our brands
- Responsible for creating ad-hoc media reports that quantify the efforts of the Communications teams, and for updating the media contact database
- Create monthly highlights documents and compile press kits that will be distributed to press
- Depending on ability, the intern will have the opportunity to write programming press releases
- Assist in execution of internal and external events including staff meetings, press junkets and launch events
- Support publicist with audience relations tactics
- Updates and maintains the Family Channel media site
- Responsible for assisting with administrative duties such as media screener requests, artwork requests, couriering and photocopying
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for entertainment and television
- Willingness to participate in initiatives outside of business hours
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel and Word required
- Basic knowledge of various social media platforms
- Experience with Photoshop a strong asset
- Willing to work flexible hours
Please submit cover letter as well.
An honourarium will be provided.
Family Channel is a premium, commercial-free network offering the best in family television entertainment in approximately 6 million homes...