This position is responsible for the Engineering Department, including the supervision of employees who will be servicing, maintaining and repairing equipment to ensure safe and energy efficient operations of hotel rooms, facilities, and equipment.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to: Recruiting/hiring/training/scheduling/evaluating and counseling team members, applying all operating equipment and systems are used; completing inventory checks, departmental reports; supervising the Engineering Department to ensure that operations are effectively and efficiently carried out, while continually looking for ways to improve Engineering operations in order to increase revenue and decrease cost.
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment and repair.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Resolve guest complaints in an efficient and courteous manner
- Develops all staff to the best of their personal capabilities. Directs staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Strong interpersonal/communication and team building skills. Ability to deal with the public/ staff with tact and courtesy.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to exceptional standards of cleanliness and order.
- Extensive experience with scheduling, monitoring, coordinating and following up with external contractors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with construction management and contract administration
- Proficient with power and hand tools
- Working knowledge of steam boilers.
- Knowledge and ability to repair mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and HVAC equipment according to Ontario standards.
- Rough and fine carpentry skills and knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of electrical systems including low and high voltage, and 3-phase systems.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical aptitude and ability to read and work from plans and drawings blue prints and sketching floor plans.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with budgets, reports, etc.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations including WHIMIS
- Demonstrates personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff. Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products; Employs persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters; Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a leadership capacity including supervising, planning, problem solving, budgeting, staffing etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with building system maintenance/construction and related trade practices and procedures; strong project management skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e., lifting 50 lbs, climbing ladders).
- Attention to detail as it pertains to Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations, and with repair of systems and equipment such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and HVAC etc.
- Graduate of a related post secondary education program or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends.
Indeed - 6 months ago